• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question Regarding Looting Rights and new Doom drops

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Appreciate the info. So, in my scenario, if I joined in then he will get the same points for 1st position unless I somehow overtake his damage lead and take 1st position, which means he drops to 2nd. And under Kyronix example, the 2nd spot gets 3% less. But in the grand scheme of things, it seems it is better for the two of us to get a combined 27% for each kill (15% +12%) than for each of us to get 15% from half the kills. At least it seems that way. Even if one of the two warriors consistently got 1st position and the 15% each time, the 2nd person would benefit from getting 12% from twice the monsters.
As a disclaimer, I just picked those #s at random as an example. It is in your best interest to kill stuff together, the quicker a creature dies, the faster your point pool grows, and the more rolls you get based on that pool of points.

It also is more fun to hunt together, because this way, afterwards when you are at the tavern enjoying some ale you can get into an argument over how big that Gibberling was and have a good ole fashioned tavern brawl!