• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question on new seeds

• Thread starter Arnie QuickPalm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Arnie QuickPalm

I killed a titan and got a fragrent seed i killed a koppa and got the same are they in fact the same or is the one from the titan better in some way if not why bother to fight the tougher monsters ??

D

DHMagicMan_1

There's 17 different "New" plants that are all labeled "Fragrent Seeds" and there's no way to know which of the 17 plants your two seeds will grow into. The mobs that drop the new seeds have been identified in another thread and there are groups... I believe it's 4 mobs per group and 5 seeds per group (including 1 seed cocoa that is in every group).

In a few weeks we'll know which plants are in which groups and which monsters can drop which seeds but right now that's all unknown.

N

Nibblets

All fragrant seeds will be cocoa trees and the peculiar seeds are the ones that will grow into the new plants. Certain monster will give you a shot at certain seeds, so you can't kill just one monster over and over again and expect to be able to get all the different types.

The monster types are already known, they were found out on TC1 when the publish went in there. There's a thread on here that lists the types.
And so far we only know about the cocoa tree, and the short and tall hedges.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

yes i know all the monsters but if i can fight an easy one and get the good seeds why fight a harder one ??

where is the risk vs reward i guess i am asking

F

Flora Green

Arnie,

Check the Botany forum. feath has a theory on how they MAY be grouped with an easy creature per group allowing allowing lower level fighters or non-fighters to collect the seeds, too. This is her post on it.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=848664&postcount=23

Also, Hyssmaye has started a spoiler thread where we can post results as the plants start to bloom.

E

Eslake

The grouping isn't really something we can guess at right now.

They may have put the "karma sensitives" in the same group, or they may have grouped by overall power rating, or they may have just picked them from a hat. :p

With no indication of how the distribution was handled, anyone's guess is as good as another.

In about 25 minutes, my mission begins. I have over 200 fertile pots ready to plant in as I find the seeds, all spaced out to indicate their source, so that the moment they bloom I can match groups to monsters.
But with Origin having a head start, someone will know before I do. ;)