• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question On Magery Mastery AoE.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have not built a pet with this skill yet. Does it cast Magery Area of Effect spells when surrounded or should I got with mystic or another skill?

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I think it depends on if the pet has Magery already. The pet will cast some additional spells - like teleport and mind blast. It's also suppose to cast Death Ray? I only have it on my Phoenix because it was 1 point. It use to cast Reflect Magic which would kill the pets physical resists but I think this has been hotfixed.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it depends on if the pet has Magery already. The pet will cast some additional spells - like teleport and mind blast. It's also suppose to cast Death Ray? I only have it on my Phoenix because it was 1 point. It use to cast Reflect Magic which would kill the pets physical resists but I think this has been hotfixed.
I've got my rune beetle to use death ray on a swoop that was unreachable. Did 100+ damage per tick.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was mainly wondering if it cast earthquake or any of the other area of effect spells magery has to offer when surrounded. Mystic and other school of magic seem too. I just don't want to put magery mastery on if it doesn't.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Never had my unicorn cast meteor strike nor chain lightning on targets with magery mastery. :(
It loves to use death ray after it hit 90 magery though.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, they have magery set as a single target base for pets... Mystic is one of the bursty aoe spells groups that most pets can learn.... Just watch out for mass sleep sometimes when surrounded by mobs in a fel spawn it will cast this.. when it does invis yourself...as normally al the of the aggro will go back to the pet.. but sometimes a few of the mobs switch to you...

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Have they fixed it so mage mastery doesnt have them casting magic reflect on themselves and taking a ton of damage because of the 20 reduction in phys resist?

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Nope, mine just did.
The last time I brought out my phoenix I didn't notice it using reflect. Kind of lame that they jumped all over pets because PvPers complaining, but they won't fix the bugs with the system.

Wait its not lame - that's just how it's always been in UO.