• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on Cu's use of mana

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have an idea for a Cu but not sure if it will work or now so using a "throw away" Cu, training it up to see. Better to get lucky and get a drop off Navery on Atl than TC... but at any rate..

This is a fresh tame, no skills added and it it burning mana quick. It is not hitting bleed enough to use that kind of mana.. so my question.. do they somehow use mana to heal it's self? No other skills listed on the lore pages are things that would require mana. The thing has 282 mana but drops to under 50 quick..

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an idea for a Cu but not sure if it will work or now so using a "throw away" Cu, training it up to see. Better to get lucky and get a drop off Navery on Atl than TC... but at any rate..

This is a fresh tame, no skills added and it it burning mana quick. It is not hitting bleed enough to use that kind of mana.. so my question.. do they somehow use mana to heal it's self? No other skills listed on the lore pages are things that would require mana. The thing has 282 mana but drops to under 50 quick..
I read that ALL magic abilities/special moves/inate (hence healing) use mana

So yes, each bandy applied uses mana.

Personally, I think, getting a pet to never run out of mana is impossible.

As it should be....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We are in agreement there. I guess trying to keep it full health would be the way to go ;)

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been experimenting with Unicorns. Not having to
to cure is HUGE and the magery skills on top is sweet.
Just a toss out there.............Works great with an eval
tamer when you put on Inferno or Conductive blast.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is what I like about the Naja.. poison immune. Actually allows a tamer to solo Dread Horn with ease.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The time a Cu really shines is when its not the pet tanking the boss then it will focus its mana on armor ignores ( or what ya have it loaded with) and can do some grand burst.. infact I did a test where 5 cu's were together attacking navrey.. the one being attack was out of mana in less then 1 min 30 sec.. the ones attacking from the side without aggro had near to a full mana bar after 9 mins of combat... if they don't have to heal they are a very strong single target pet, and can easily stay on par with beetles and hiryu's.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
just as a side note if a cu is not being attack.... but its HP hits the 88-92% mark it will proc the AI of the Cu to go semi defensive and will heal 1-3 times usng mana up... so make sure if there is splash damage to keep its HP above 95% ( just to be safe and provided there is no mass poison hitting all the pets that also procs the defensive ai) and its single target damage will stay constant with special moves instead of heals...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Am trying to force the Cu's AI into getting what I want out of it lol. Wanting this one to hit AI (armor ignore) a lot more than my chiv/ai cu does. The chiv one seems to love to cast every chiv spell under the sun instead of hitting AI. I figured.. load one up with mana (put 1500 on this disposable one) and only put AI on it.. yet it still does not hit AI too dang often. The mana has yet to drop below 1200 but he is also not doing the tanking at Navery.. so no bandie use.

No luck in forcing it yet.. but he just is in the low 80 skill range... maybe things will change when he gets higher.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I ran a test on chiv Cu's too.. I found that they go overly defensive when they are the tank.. but if they are not...you will find it will use ai, ene of one and RF .. instead of endlessly casting light over and over...

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
also it tend to get more offensive at 120 chiv... so ya will see a huge pick up in offensive moves once it reaches about 115.5 and then a spike in the damage of its moves at 120 mark.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad you found the same thing lol. Thought I was nuts... that is the main reason I wanted to try just an Ai Cu and drop the Chiv. Wanted to see the damage comparison. Sure the Chiv/Ai Cu will most likely out damage the Ai Cu on the short term.. but if a straight AI Cu actually hits AI as much as I would like... then it would out damage the Chiv/Ai Cu in longer boss encounters.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh yes.. the pure AI spec cu leave a lot of good for extra stats Hp and mana and can do passive damage even if its the one tanking..