• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on clothing bless deeds

R

Remyi

Before I buy one and end up wasting gold..Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak can't be blessed, correct? Also, can the Burglar's Bandana?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think that the cloak can, and I THINK that the Burglars Bandana can.. but dont take my word on it, Im not 100% sure.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless they changed something in Pub 58 both of them can be blessed.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thief uses a blessed Burglar's bandana, so I know it can be blessed.

Don't own an embroided cloak, so I don't know though...

R

Remyi

I bought a deed and tried it out last night. The cloak cannot be blessed, and I haven't used it on the Bandana yet. I'm still trying to decide if the thing is worth blessing, to me.

D

Dragonchilde

given that you can get them as cheaply as 2-5k, in LUNA - i don't know that I'd waste one on it. they're so easily replaced, and it would take a LOT of dying to save the insurance money on them that you spent on the deed. Those are what... 500k or so in Luna?

R

Remyi

I got mine for 450, but normal is 500. Have seen them as cheap as 350 at times, though they get snagged quickly.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course, if you keep 20-count exceptional Town Cryer BODs, or 20-count normal leather 6-part larges, the cost of a CBD is the cost of filling the BOD (which you'll get back from the gold, for the most part...)

I've had as many as a dozen CBDs before as a casual tailor. In fact, I get things worth CBDing a lot more slowly than CBDs.

So, I went ahead and used a few CBDs on my own characters' items (my Spirit of the totem, the Kasa of the Ri-jin, 1 pair of sandals, 1 burglar's bandana, 1 Polar Bear Mask, my 2 CCs and the pads of the cu sidhe that my human tamer wears). Granted this was over 6 years, but none of the CBDs cost me more than 20 suits of normal leather armor (700 leather for male suits, 920 leather for female suits).

That's what? 40-70 dead animals (11-16 lesser hiryu, if you can do them), and 12 gold for 4 NPC tailoring kits (or 2 ingots for one good, exceptional quality sewing kit of 120-150 uses)