Question of the day: 7 June 2008

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 16, 2005
Ohio
I am in one of my rant moods today so I figured I would make it part of the question of the day today. Who knows some of you may want to rant about something in game that bothers you too. So here is the question for this fine Saturday.

What is your pet peeve right now in game? What thing that other players do drives you nuts? Or is it something in the game itself that you hate?

You may be wondering what brought on this question. Well here is the story of what happened to me.

As a few of you know I have been working the Vanguard spawns in Cove, Nujelm and Papua the last few weeks with my tamer. (Yes I am one of those guys who is there with a Greater Dragon.) Well up till a few days ago, when they announced that the swords and shields from the controllers would be worth 2,500 points when turned in, there was very few people working these spawns. The few people there would work together to defeat the spawn. Tamers cross healed pets and if another player died someone was always willing to ress them. I know if someone was fighting a Controller solo and was near death I would heal them and keep them in the fight. If I joined in a fight to kill a Controller and the first person had it below half health when it died if I got either the sword or shield as loot on the body. I would offer it to the person that had been fighting it from the start. There was a form of mutual respect among the people that worked these spawns even though you did not know each other, you worked together towards a common goal.

Well the night after they announced the publish 53 changes I went to Cove to do a spawn. This time rather then there being 2 or 3 of us there was around 8 or 9 of us. I remember thinking to myself we were going to crush this spawn fast as I looked at the 3 other tamers with their Greater Dragons, one tamer with a CU and the rest looked like archers and bards.

Midnight hit in game and I could see the red names popping up off screen as I got ready to engage them. First one that headed our way was a Lich and I set my dragon on it and quickly followed him to heal him as he fought. That’s when it dawned on me everyone else had not moved from where they stood. Every monster in the spawn targeted my poor dragon and they started swamping him. I was going nuts trying to keep him bandaged and alive. I thought maybe the other tamers or mages would at least try and help me heal my pet, as I was fighting most all the spawn. Only one person with a dragon moved up to attack some of the loot rich monsters that had my pet targeted, and even though nothing was targeting his dragon he did not give a hand in healing my pet. Plus one archer did ride out to shoot at some of the spawn. I think he attacked out of boredom more than a desire to help me out though. That was till the Title Vanguard Controller appeared on the screen.

The Vanguard Controller targeted My dragon and came in at it, and that’s when everyone else came rushing in to attack it. At about the same time something targeted me and my health bar took a fast dive, (mostly because I wear a LRC suit with terrible resists.) and I died. So now I was a ghost watching my Dragons health bar dropping almost as fast as mine had. I ran to the other players to get a quick ress. None of them would even acknowledge I was there as they all tried to kill the controller. So I made a mad dash to the healers building. Soon as I was ressed I clicked on my pet summoning ball hoping to save my dragon before he died. (I really hate taking the time to re-train him after deaths.) Then I quickly redressed and healed myself and my dragon too, who had scarcely any blue left showing on his health bar, and rushed back up to find my body under a giant pile of dead monsters. By the time I got back there Most of the people there had moved on because they had killed both the Controllers that spawn there and most likely moved on to the next city.

One of the archers who was left did come up to me to tell me that it was not cool me pulling my dragon away. It almost got him killed when the monsters retargeted. If it had been in Fel I think at that point I would of sicked my dragon on him, but it being Tram I just ignored him.

So my point after that long story is my pet peeve is greed in game. I think too many players are all about the items in game and not enjoying the company of others. I get more satisfaction working with and helping others then I ever got from a item.

Tomorrow I am planning a very special Question of the day and I do not want any of you to miss it, so do not forget to see what it is all about.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
2545 x 2031
What is your pet peeve right now in game? What thing that other players do drives you nuts? Or is it something in the game itself that you hate?
People who hold grievances over someone over ingame issues and then try to harass them out game (ie, via "stalking" them on myspace somehow, forums, etc.)

P

ParadoxUO

Usually I'm the one that makes others mad... so I have to skip this question...

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
I'm assuming that under the circumstances I'm safe to post this ***MIND YOU, I'm not dropping any names of guilds or players...even though ya'll know who I'm speakin' of I'm sure****

My peeve is in Felucca when your bustin' your butt to do a champ spawn and the champion pops then *ahem* others come in, kill you, and the champion after you did all the work to get it to pop...just to take the Power Scrolls and or skull.

-_- Nuff' said.

-Hagrid

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Under Your Bed
People who hold grievances over someone over ingame issues and then try to harass them out game (ie, via "stalking" them on myspace somehow, forums, etc.)

Amen

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
May 17, 2003
Raleigh, NC
My pet peeve? Here lately? People - all of them. Mostly for the reasons listed by Vallend and Nystul. I get enough stress from people in real life. I don't need it in the game.

Then again, I could just be getting crabby in my old age. :twak: