• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question of the day: 3 June 2008

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I am up late watching the Penguins play for the Stanley Cup (Yes I am a Pens fan) and I think I will have trouble getting up for work on time tomorrow I will post the question of the day tonight.

How many of you play on other shards on a steady basis? Why do you play on other shards? Did you come to Catskills from another shard? How do you like Catskills so far?

{{Woot!!! Pens just scored on the 4th over time period. Meaning they go back to Pittsburgh for a game 6.}}
I know myself I mostly just stick to Catskills when I play, though I have visited other shards at times.

C

captainobvious

cats only..... i get frustrated on some of the other ones ive visited. i thought a few of our players .....at times..... needed special admission to the short bus. but was i ever suprised at some of the behavior on the other ones. nothing i need repeat here, but rest assured. im very happy with home.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't played on anything that isn't Cats in months. But I would like to get back to my Duchy of Trinsic character on Europa. I just don't have the time for shard hopping lately.

My original shard was Lag Superior, then I moved to Napa. After I came back from quit, I moved to Catskills. It all had to do with where my friends played.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started out on Napavalley, after a 2 year hiatus, my friends had all moved to Catskills so I made a character here. Been on Cats now 3.5 years and its been a lot of fun.

P

ParadoxUO

Started September 97.
Played Catskills... saw it change... and become what it is today.
Visited MANY shards so I could study them... most of them were cold ruthless places.
Catskills is unique... warm and very enjoyable.

Mish o sha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cats,I did play Drac, when the sever was goin down at 9 am cst
that was many moons ago:)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a character called Catskills Tourist or a near likeness on every shard (with the exception of Seige) just to say howdy to other shards and talk to those crazy Oriental folks :thumbup1: . I mostly play on Catskills and Seige though. I use the extra character slots on other shards to introduce people I meet in RL to UO.

I had a long extended leave once...I had (in my infinite wisdom) thought that the um...vet reward timer would keep ticking and that I would be able to re-activate my account, and be able to finally ride an ethereal mount. I think/hope/pray that I will be able to do so by December...I think its December. Is there any way to check that? erm...

-Hagrid

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've played other shards from time to time for a break but I always come back to Cats. All my houses and main characters are here and so is my family.