• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question: Is DI. capped @ 100% in PvM ??

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your doing the following..

--NOT using a slayer
---NOT using Enemy of one

If you had say 120% Damage increase from items on your suit / Weapon do you benefit in PvM from the 20% over 100 that you have ?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Answer: no. It is capped at 300% in PvM. You should know that a slayer weapon and enemy of one alone gets you to 300% cap.

D

Divster

100% is max you can get from di property on items, 300% is max you can get once all things are factored in!

G

Goodoljoe

I thought slayer is +100% and EoO + 50% so its a total of 150 and not 300? But not sure,i would like to know for certain :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's as follows -
{
Actual DI properties: capped at 100% (makes it easier to program for both PvP & PvM)
Slayer: +100%
Killer: Acts as a slayer, but for one specific creature type at that % listed.
Divine Fury: 10% DI (not sure if it falls in the item DI cap at 100%)
}
Enemy of one: Take the above, multiply it by 1.5 (for the 50% bonus). this will make 100% item DI + slayer = 200%, times 1.5, to 300% (cap)

Total of these properties is capped at +300%.

DI bonuses outside the cap: These are factored into the DISPLAYED damage for your weapon, before the numbers above are applied.
Tactics: Skill * 0.625 (or 62.5%), +5% if skill GM or higher.
Anatomy: Skill * 0.5 (or 50%), +5% if skill GM or higher.
STR: STR * 0.3 (or 30%), +5% if STR 100+
Lumberjacking (if the old formula still applies): Lumberjacking * 0.2 (or 20%), +10% if GM

I'm not sure where the honor bonus falls in for Bushido, but from what I've seen (as it's PvM only) it is +10% per step (+100% at max), and I've seen it go MUCH higher than what it should, if it is really capped with the 300% DI stuff (as stated by its description in multiple places).

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently hit an ogre lord with an invasion heavy crossbow for 200 ... so what I thought I knew about damage caps sort of went out the window.