• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question for the modders and Decors ;)

D

Der Rock

1. modders: if i place a quiver in the hotbar, is it possible to show the amount of ammo in the hotbar?
1.1.and is it possible(pls) to remove this round face from the paperdoll char.bar? i think it is unneeded.

2.Decors: your icons are realy nice, but some icons i would like to stay in original colour, the skill icons and the spell icons, is this possible?

2.1. is it possible for you to do some icons :

- more command icons(like the "always run"-"crcle of.transprnt.)
(would be awsome to have the OHF icons with commands)
-castle icon(as home icon)
-different coloured quiver icons
-maybe 2 or more(4) different coloured metall chest icons(would be cool)

thx

p.s.: message to the devs,: if the next patch/publish bug again something in the ui ....
then you know.... i´ll send you Achmed the dead terrorist..and he will KILL YOU ;)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1.1 Should be possible, just have to tweak the gump involved and then the XML calls (removing the call for the portrait mainly). Might look into this when I get back in town.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2.Decors: your icons are realy nice, but some icons i would like to stay in original colour, the skill icons and the spell icons, is this possible?

Re: I'm sorry I won't. But if you don't want those icons Just remove "Skills" and "Spells" folder from my Icons folder.
And you'll be good.

Or remove icons you don't want from "Skills" and "Spells" folder.
You' can check all icons name from my Preview page.(mouse over icon)
Check Icon name at HERE and remove those icons.

It's possible.
Ok I'll think about them. Give me a few days.

I don't have archer. Is it important? How do you use them on your macro?

I can't imagine about those colored metal chest.
What is your purpose? And how do you use them?

D

Der Rock

Re: I'm sorry I won't. But if you don't want those icons Just remove "Skills" and "Spells" folder from my Icons folder.
And you'll be good.

Or remove icons you don't want from "Skills" and "Spells" folder.
You' can check all icons name from my Preview page.(mouse over icon)
Check Icon name at HERE and remove those icons.

It's possible.
Ok I'll think about them. Give me a few days.

I don't have archer. Is it important? How do you use them on your macro?

I can't imagine about those colored metal chest.
What is your purpose? And how do you use them?
ah,icons work great,i thought i couldn´t remove partial icons from your set, but it works.

2.1 would be great to have the most important commands icon ready ,thx

quiver: i often change bows and quivers,sometimes only quivers,atm i have blanc icons as placeholder for quivers,but to much blanc icons in hotbars confusing,so it would be very helpfull to have the quivers as icons ;)

chests: i use many chests, so in EC sometimes you dont know wich chest you have open,and this makes storage handling harder, with some chest icons i could find stored chest/items quicker ;) (same way i use your bag icon)

thx for your help ;)

D

Der Rock

1.1 Should be possible, just have to tweak the gump involved and then the XML calls (removing the call for the portrait mainly). Might look into this when I get back in town.
would be graet,i think without the face the hotbar fitting better in my ui setup ;)
thx.

(also thx for your help about the backpack old fashion 3d form,would be awsome to get them (almost) back) ;)

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just updated my icon pack to 1.33

Check it out at Here.

Hope it including all you needs.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's the outcome of the 3d-style grid view. There's a 1 pixel (ish) line that separates the grids that seems to want to stay in existence which kind of negates the look (imo) of the 3d version and to be honest doesn't really mesh well with the Copper skin. Maybe in a more "Legacy" based skin it will work better, but not really to what I feel is the theme of Copper.

Always up for opinions though. Next will be the test of the status window and removing the portrait.

Ok here is the quick version of the Status Window removal of the portrait. This actually went a LOT better than I expected. 3 sections of XML removed (portrait and there's a Hide Portrait button that doesn't do anything anyway if you were wondering what that little swirly was all about), and a tweak to the left end of the bar gives us:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I like both especially the status bar picture was always in my way!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I THINK there's a way I can make the grid view look a little better, but it changes the entire rest of the skin as it replaces the Window Background file with the one from KR Legacy (which is the 3d background for containers) and then removes the grid textures from the texture file they are located in.

That in theory SHOULD work better, but again would probably be better in a UI skin that is made for it.

Should probably tweak the XML for the status window as it still thinks the area the portait resides in is there, just invisible.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would move the numbers to the right side, and adjust the Buff/Debuff icons so they line up with the left of the window (the Quick Details stuff will move with the Buff/Debuff)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Moved buff/debuff.

Not sure if I want to mirror the texture to put the numbers on the right though.

But I'll put it up for a vote and make the more desired one the "official" one.

D

Der Rock

Here's the outcome of the 3d-style grid view. There's a 1 pixel (ish) line that separates the grids that seems to want to stay in existence which kind of negates the look (imo) of the 3d version and to be honest doesn't really mesh well with the Copper skin. Maybe in a more "Legacy" based skin it will work better, but not really to what I feel is the theme of Copper.

Always up for opinions though. Next will be the test of the status window and removing the portrait.

Ok here is the quick version of the Status Window removal of the portrait. This actually went a LOT better than I expected. 3 sections of XML removed (portrait and there's a Hide Portrait button that doesn't do anything anyway if you were wondering what that little swirly was all about), and a tweak to the left end of the bar gives us:

:thumbup: very good.
question: the backpack in freeform,possible ?, or/and is it possible to enlarge the backpack about 2 lines ?(like in b-laus ui)
(or a resizable backpack?)
problem over all is, if you have 25+ items you have to scroll,thats what i hate at most in the EC backpack ;)

status-window: :thumbup:

:danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :danceb:

thx,thx,thx :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

On the backpacks:

- Since they changed the freeform to default to the internal gump system, we do not have any access to change anything about freeform view. Basically it's stuck in postage stamp sized classic mode.

- The grid view system works on a 5 x 25 "strip" that is scrolled through the "visible area" of the container. Unless you want an entire side of your monitor covered, you're going to have to scroll some.

- Secondly, I believe resizing will depend on "breaking" the "strip" and being able to reposition the grid accordingly (so it can resized both vertically and horizontally).

- Thirdly, I would rather wait and see if we will be able to manually resize the gump so that we CAN make it the size we want rather than making them some odd size which doesn't really serve the purpose in the first place. If you want them to match the size of BB-SA, then I would try to copy over the containerwindow.xml file between skins and see what that does for ya.