• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question for Geeks!!

Z

ZippyW

:bowdown: I have a job that has gaps sometimes when I have nothing to do, and I would like to download TT to the computer here to play during the slow times. BUT..... downloading software to the computer is against the rules of my workplace!!! Could I get away with it? We do have techs that occasionally get into our computers if there is a problem, but we have to call them first. Would it be possible to put TT on the computer, and if a tech is going to get in, I could delete it off? Or is there just no way to get away with it?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oy, I have TT installed here at work, but we have a very relaxed policy on internet/software. I wouldn't risk your job though for Toontown. It's a very small install, but still that would be breaking your policy. :blushing:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's quite possible for them to see what's on your computer from their workstations, and it's also possible for them to see where you are going on the net. I agree with Elga, I wouldn't risk it!

L

Little Sadie

I wouldn't risk it either. I know my daughter's old company monitored all internet sites visited.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah they probably have remote desktop, and can see exactly what you are doing. My one co-worker became curious when for some odd reason the IT guy seemed to know a lot about his relationship with his girlfriend who he was emailing from his work email. He couldn't get it and I was like "Dude he probably reads all of our emails..duh". Nobody cares anymore here as they just laid off our last IT guy, so we have nobody policing us at the moment..:dunce:

Z

ZippyW

Rats! Okay, I won't risk it. I guess I'll stick with my books.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Either that or get yourself a good laptop and bring it to work with you. But I agree with the concensus to NOT install it on your work computer. No game is worth your livelyhood.