• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question About Weapon Engraving Tool

Xoos

Journeyman
I don't have an 8-year account but if I purchase this vet reward on VS will I be able to use it and recharge it? I know UOGuide says the acct must be 8 years to use but I'd like someone to confirm if possible because there are definitely some things you can use (like the power tools) if bought off VS with a younger account. Thanks in advance!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if i had a account that was under 8 i would try it for you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually, it does work, i remembered i had a EJ account that is 6 years old and he used it with no problem.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I labelled all the weapons I had in my pack and then went to the GM Tinker in town and had him recharge the tool for me.

so UOguide is wrong, you can use and recharge the tool and you don't need to be 8 years.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone can use vet rewards except for the 25th anniversary shield. It may be account bound also.

They changed this a few years after the 9th year polar bear. So the info was correct at that time.

You just have to be at the age requirement to choose them.

The embroidery tool and armor engraving tools are also nice.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Anyone can use vet rewards except for the 25th anniversary shield. It may be account bound also.

They changed this a few years after the 9th year polar bear. So the info was correct at that time.

You just have to be at the age requirement to choose them.

The embroidery tool and armor engraving tools are also nice.
welp makes me happy since they did that, I know others were not, people used the ety mounts that came out every year so that others could not copy the character true form because the newly made copy (unless old enough) could not ride that years mount.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
welp makes me happy since they did that, I know others were not, people used the ety mounts that came out every year so that others could not copy the character true form because the newly made copy (unless old enough) could not ride that years mount.
Guilds were made around being able to own the Polar bear mount when they were restricted.