• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question about the server

X

Xaius

hi, i've just returned to the game after being gone for about 6 years now, lots has changed and in many ways its like playing a whole new game.

I have noticed that the population is not what it once was, which is to be expected from a game this old.

but with the lower population i was wondering if there is still a lot of PK's in felucca or if most people hang out in the newer lands malas and tokuno islands?

it used to be that you really had to watch out if you were in fel, say, mining, because there was a fairly high chance of meeting someone that would try and kill you. is that still the case?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a crap shoot.

You can never see another soul in Felucca; you can be harassed constantly.

Did they have double resources in Felucca 6 years ago? I honestly forget when they put that in. Either way, though, they have it now, thus providing an incentive to go there. (And, soon, a nerf on Bags of Sending will be un-done, thus enabling you to get your resources out more easily when you are attacked.) Also, in Fel there is double Fame, maybe double Karma (I forget) for monsters.

About population issues in general, know that what you're seeing is actually a resurgence. While I doubt we'll ever be up to where we were in the 6 to 9 or 10 years ago, we are clearly up from 6 months to a year ago.

Bank sitting in Luna has basically replaced bank sitting in Britain (at least until the new bank design is implemented, then we'll see).

Anyway....Ask any question you might have, here or U-Hall, or at UOFORUMS.com. Also check out UOGUIDE.com, a UO wiki.

Good luck, welcome back.

-Galen's player

X

Xaius

thanks for the reply Galen

Its been a week now of playing again and i think i'm getting back into the swing of things :)

i never realized how much i missed this game until this week hehe