• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about the Level Sync Issue.. (OLD OLD OLD player here)

M

mord1234

Someone who also quit FFXI, told me that you can reach level75 in Valkurm Dunes if you wanted to with the Level Sync.. is that true???

If its not true... how does this system really push people into playing the game again?

I LOVED FFXI, i hated spending days waiting for a party on my THF... this new Level Sync has sparked my interest...

Can someone explain the experience gain for my lvl67 Thief if I was to return and level in lowbie areas?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I haven't played with it yet, but here's how I understand it to work:

Let's say, you're a 67 THF, I'm a 30 RDM, you have a 75 PLD that needs merits (but can't get a party thanks to those stupid birds that everyone thinks you need a blink tank for), your other friend is a 60 BLM sick of soloing, another friend is a DRK 27 trying to work it to be a subjob, and you have a .. meh, 65 WHM. *shrug*

You, the party leader, would click "level sync" within the party menu and sync everyone to that DRK27 and head out to the jungles. Similar to when you do a cap fight, you would gain the experience off the Mandragoras as a 27 would, and if you die, you lose the experience a 27 would. Everyone is considered a 27 for the party and gets all their job abilities, spells, etc that their job gets at 27. You don't even have to buy cap gear. Your 67 stuff works, just at a scaled down level (and therefore probably not as good as something a 27 could buy, but it'll work just the same). Therefore, you could possibly get 200 exp off each mandie, or with a ring, more. Make sense?

M

mord1234

I think I understand.. so that lvl65 whm would be 66 in a few hours in the jungle... then 67... all the way up to 75...if enough time is put in....

but I thought this system was to prevent RMT'ers... this sounds like it would help them level new guys faster... with more ease... w/o ever having to leave the current area...

Thank you Trish~

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh you'd have to leave eventually, because that 27 will level up too. I'm not sure how, or if, it deters RMT parties. I hope it messes up whatever programs they are using to level, because beyond that I have no clue.

T

tanls

It's not really an RMT deterrent. They've actually made it easier for EVERYONE to level, including RMT. What the level sync does do, is makes partying available to everyone again. SE basically screwed the pooch when they brough out ToAU. They destroyed BLMs in partys and made it a solo job because of all the dark based mobs in ToAU. On top of that, there was no longer a reason to SC because there was no one to burst and they made the mobs so easy that you really didn't need a tank anymore. ToAU became a zerg paradise with bards and everyone /NIN with RDM main heal with refresh and convert for no resting. Chains went thru the roof. So ToAU basically killed BLM, then basically killed PLD and WHM for merits.

Now here comes WotG with Campaign. Campaign rewards melee. So campaign became another DD paradise, and with the lack of rewards for healing and the introduction of healing NPC and pixies, WHM was destroyed post level 65. Granted Campaign was almost tailor made for PLD/WHM, but still with the lack of skill ups, gimped EVERYONE who leveled that way and took out any kind of real partying post 65. Most ppl seemed to take the campaign route to getting merits and buffering exp.

On top of all that, with a game this old, the population has become stratified with a lot of high levels who have done stuff and dropped low level gear and new players who can't get partys because all the healers and tanks are 75. So the party scene as a whole was gone or near impossible. Most ppl who were leveling were soloing to higher levels than before or were staticing with LS members only.

Level Sync has brought the party back to FFXI. Now a new level 10 no sub can now party with a 75 1337 with no real penalties to either part. The biggest draw back to Level Sync is with the ppl who are not 75's because your skill levels will correspond to your sync'd level which means that you won't get skill ups. Still, it's easier to skill up at a later time. BLMs are no longer relegated to soloing, because they can party low levels again. You no longer have to wait weeks for a party because now all those WHMs and Tanks are available to party with you again. I think it's an awesome thing. I've been in level sync partys with both my WHM and PLD since the update and haven't had to wait around for a party. Also, I have opportunities to level up new jobs as subs or as mains now because I can hit up all the 75s in my end game shell to come party with me.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna revisit this. I'm not much for partying because I normally can't find a couple hours in an evening where I'll be available without interruption. Last week I was on vacation so I had time to play around with level sync.

Why do I remember hating the dunes? I had some ultra smooth level sync parties out there last week. Same with jungles. But Garliage is as bad as I remember it, lol..

Level sync = AWESOME. On top of everything said above, now there's no more "big guy killing the experience for the low level party member". It was really strange leveling up, getting my HP/MP restored but it was for the same amount as before. That and knowing I'm a 37 RDM but why-won't-this-dispel-macro-work!!! By the end of the week I got the hang of it.

T

tanls

We've been doing a lot of LS partys with level sync. I did do a couple pick ups at the beginning, but now I've mostly done LS partys. Not because we're trying to exclude anyone, because if we can't fill it with LS members, we'll invite a pickup or 2, but because it's easy and we can. Someone is always leveling a "new" job and someone else always needs a buffer and you can always use more merits. Level sync has made it real easy to party with your LS, which are basically the ppl you want to party with anyways. Of course, it kinda sucks if you're new and either don't have an LS or belong to a small one, but getting a party still seems to be much easier than it was.