• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about SDI cap

G

I readed that the SDI cap for PVP was 15, My qeustion is, if i have inscription, and 15 SDI on items, i have a total of 25% SDI for PVP or it's still been 15?

G

It should be that the SDI cap in pvp is 15% from items.

So with gm scribe and 15% sdi on items you have the max possible 25% SDI in pvp.

SDI from items above 15% have no effect on players.

Hope this clears things up.

T

Tazar

Then we get to add another 10% if we use reagents rather than lrc armor per the recent PVP changes?

N

Nerf-Herder

No, the SDI from reg usage was never implemented.

The most SDI you can get for PvP is 37%:

15% from items
10% from GM Inscription
12% from 120+ Intelligence (1% per 10 INT, stops at 120 INT)
----
37% Total

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

True, the SDI for regs wasn't put in the release info, but has anyone tested it? I have seen changes put in and slip by and published. That kind of change could of been overlooked since it is only 10 sdi.

N

Nerf-Herder

Heh, good point. I haven't tested it though. I never wear LRC, always carry regs, so I really don't give a hoot.

F

Frey

Is the reagents thing documented anywhere? Does it require 0 lrc? Or is up to a certain amount OK? Could I just have 99lrc and still get the benefit? Halp!

N

Nerf-Herder

It was an idea proposed several months ago in the last PvP focus group. Whenever reagents were consumed to cast a spell, the spell would have a 10% boost to its damage.

Again, it never went in. If it were to go in, then you wouldn't want to use ANY LRC gear. Even wearing something like an Orni with its 20% LRC would mean that 20% of your offensive damage spells would not use regs and thus, do less damage.

I do not know exactly why it was not implemented (overpowered, people not wanting to abandon LRC, too hard to fully code/bugfix, etc...). I can only speculate as I was not a part of the focus group, this is information that has been passed on to me by others who were.

F

Frey

Thanks for replying. I was ready to drop my LRC gear and work on a pimped out PvM SDI suit

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

I do not recall a cap being set for SDI regarding the INT bonus 10 Int = 1 SDI. So I assume you do get 15 SDI.

N

Nerf-Herder

I don't remember anyone ever mentioning a cap either, but I do remember one of the devs (maybe Wilki, but not sure) saying that the most total SDI you could get was going to be 37% (15 items, 10 scribe, 12 Intel). This was specifically spelled out for us when they first capped SDI in PvP.

Perhaps the dev "assumed" a max of 125 INT, I'm not sure, and I have never tested it. IIRC, at the time the PvP SDI cap was put in, there was NO cap whatsoever on character stats (the good ole half second bandage timer days).

Maybe try it on test. Cast a high damage spell (flamestrike) 20 times on a player target with zero fire resist and record the damage from each one. Do half with 120 INT and half with 150... all with 15 item sdi, GM scribe, 120 eval.

I play on Siege Perilous, so even if the intelligence bonus can go to 15%, I doubt I will ever be constantly running suits to bring it to that level.

Fränk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No, the SDI from reg usage was never implemented.

The most SDI you can get for PvP is 37%:

15% from items
10% from GM Inscription
12% from 120+ Intelligence (1% per 10 INT, stops at 120 INT)
----
37% Total
Hi, is this still up to date?

VG Frank

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The cap in PvP is 30 if you have a pure template, so 30 from items, 10 from scribe, whatever from Int (can't say I've ever seen any boost from Int)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The cap in PvP is 30 if you have a pure template, so 30 from items, 10 from scribe, whatever from Int (can't say I've ever seen any boost from Int)
I thought intelligence only affected certain spells?

Or am I confusing this with skill Eval Intel versus the stat Intel?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard Mastery Effects, Arcane Empowerment, and Spell Focusing are applied after SDI from items and spells. This essentially allows you to surpass regular spell damage by an additional ~45-50%