• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about resisting spell

Jj85624

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi, i have been reading around on warrior templates.

I have seen a lot of warrior templates doesn't have resisting spell or seems like it is not a must have skill for warriors. I am a return players, and i remember resisting spell is a very important skill for pvp and pvm. It was the hardest skill to train and once you gmed it, you have a great advantage against mage, and most of the mage monsters.
Is resisting spell useless with different buff armors now? Should i sacrifice resisting spell to pick up other warrior based skills for damages?

thanks!!!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Resisting Spells now doesn't reduce damage (armor resistances do). It now reduce negative spell effects. The most important effects are Mana Drain, Blood Oath, Curse, Poison, Paralyze.

You can read about Resisting Spells here:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/warriors-guide-part-3-skills-and-virtues.303969/
(3.9. Resisting Spells)

Some players switch between Resisting Spells and Anatomy via soulstones depending on monsters they are going to fight. (for example, uses Resisting Spells for undead and demon spawns). Templates with Healing usually are able to do well without Resisting Spells.

Mana Drain: Healing. 100% elemental damage weapon.
Blood Oath: Ignore when use WW. Remove Curse when use AI/DS.
Curse: STR/DEX potions. Enchanted apples. Remove Curse.
Poison: Vampire ore Stone form. Orange petals. Healing. Cleanse by Fire.
Paralyze: A trapped box.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A blessed trap box would make an awesome reward.:)
Neat idea but I think that would make the resisting spells skill obsolete then. If the other resource items were blessed then eventually have at least the most elite toons that would give zero money upon their death.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If the other resource items were blessed then eventually have at least the most elite toons that would give zero money upon their death.
I'm actually quite in favor of paying MORE for insurance. This is not just one of the "have nots" complaining about the haves. I think every item on my main suit is >500 imbue intensity. I would be in favor of some sort of exponential system with a "clean" legendary artifact costing a say 5K to insure instead of 700 gold.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resist spell is dumped for most dexxers because you can get more power on your template by having those extra 100-120 points. They can heal without mana and can run while doing it. A mage still needs resist spell simply due to mana vampire and mana drain. Without mana a mage will die.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree to an extent, but back when I PvP'ed quite frequently mana vampire would always be one of the first spells I would cast on a dexxer. No mana = no specials, which then equals a dead dexxer.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sampire has zero anat and 120 resist,... And I love it...very survivable template... Might take me a little longer to solo stuff but I am more likely to survive. I lose around 25-26 pts of damage per swing.... But since my health bar is always full I don't mind that so much. Keep meaning to ask tuan ( our resident mathematician ) if it is worth the hassle to switch to human from elf..?? Just for the joat bonus to anat...?? I suspect it would only be around 4-5 pts per swing, but I am unsure

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I calculate about 1-2 points per swing, damage of course will vary slightly based on weapon. A kryss for example would be quite minimal. That is based on max tactics, max DI from items and the difference in zero and 20 anatomy, as well as capped STR. Before I get jumped on, it does not take into account other DI increase abilities such as EoO.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
IIRC damage with Double Axe is:
49-59 with 120/0
51-61 with 120/20 (really 51-62 with joat lumberjacking)
56-67 with 100/100

so it is +2 damage with joat
and -5 damage for saving 80 skill points (-7 for an elf)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC damage with Double Axe is:
49-59 with 120/0
51-61 with 120/20 (really 51-62 with joat lumberjacking)
56-67 with 100/100

so it is +2 damage with joat
and -5 damage for saving 80 skill points (-7 for an elf)
so that say...no it is definitely not worth it to me