• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about hit fatigue

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone ever tested this in pvm? Especially against hard hitters like paroxysmus?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep i thought so. It should drain stamina pretty consistently. Problem for me i have to reforge for hit fatigue so no 100% life leech there. As soon i get my hands on onslaught lv3 i will try this with a double axe and 81 hll. We will see what will happen.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The theory goes like this: if you reduce HCI from 0 to -25 you go from getting hit on ~40% of the swings to ~30% (I have refined my armor to only have 25% DCI) - meaning you get hit 25% less often. If you can reduce the stam of whatever is swinging at you down to < 150, it will go from swinging at 1.25s down to slower. Once you get it down to < 90 stamina, it will be swinging at least 40% slower, up to 100% slower, so you in theory get hit ~50% less.

Since even the biggest baddies have very low stamina relative to HP. Per UO Guide, HFat reduces stamina by 20% of damage done when triggered. Per UOG Paroxymus has 80 stamina (seems like it can't be right), so you'll have him constantly at 0 after just a few swings. Per Hunter Guide here, Stygian Dragon has ~450 stam but 300k HP - so by the time you're 1% into the fight, you've got it swinging very slow.

Another way to go about this would be the new macer mastery Stagger. In another thread here it is said to give -60SSI for 10s. Generally -60ssi will drop swing speed by a full second.

So, in theory, if you were to use HFat and Stagger, eventually you'd get things down to the point where they only swing once every 3.25 or 3.5s.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yep i thought so. It should drain stamina pretty consistently. Problem for me i have to reforge for hit fatigue so no 100% life leech there. As soon i get my hands on onslaught lv3 i will try this with a double axe and 81 hll. We will see what will happen.
Onslaught works best with elemental dmg on your weapon so you ideally want to reforge HF AND the lowest elemental resist. Getting those two exact reforge seems difficult though so I have not done it.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may only work with fire or cold resistence but very very rare. In my whole time i burned dozens if not hundrets of copper runics and guess what i got exactly 2 double axes with 70% fire res. + an overcapped mod (1x 100 Hll, 1x 100 Hml) and no other useless mods.

I don't know if it could be better done with a higher level runic though but probability to get useless mods increase.

As with the chief i will just test it with a physical dmg double axe and cw and see what happens to his speed

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Even if you don't get to an even 100% Fire damage there is still value to be had here. Maybe you could get an axe that, from the reforge was 100 HL, and say something like 40% Fire damage. Then when you add Bronze, you're at 70% fire damage. Onslaught will still drop fire resist, and since you're doing mostly fire damage, maybe this is a pretty reasonable way to go about it.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens if i reforge a 100% phys axe with bronze so i have 70/30 fire dmg. Does onslaught lower phys dmg or fire?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Someone was kind enough to do some testing in another thread, Onslaught always lowers the target's resist that is the last in the list on your weapon. The list being Ph, Fi, Co, Po, E (the order that it shows in status windows/armor properties etc.) Which one is greater, etc, is not taken into account.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. So with a 70% phys 30% fire dmg d-axe onslaught would reduce the enemy fire resist. Assuming thats the lowest resist one could use cw then. I guess it ould be better to cast cw first then onslaught to max out dmg time. Surely fc2 fcr6 is needed here

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I do well with 81 hll. I have few old axes with 100 hll but I'm going to replace them with 100% elemental damage and 81 hll.

Against Memphis I use Bladed Staff: Arachnid slayer, 75 HML, 50 DI, 50 HLA, 50 HFat. I have no Healing so I use only Confidence to heal... and it's enough against Memphis... and much better than 100 hll axe/staff I used before.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do well with 81 hll. I have few old axes with 100 hll but I'm going to replace them with 100% elemental damage and 81 hll.

Against Memphis I use Bladed Staff: Arachnid slayer, 75 HML, 50 DI, 50 HLA, 50 HFat. I have no Healing so I use only Confidence to heal... and it's enough against Memphis... and much better than 100 hll axe/staff I used before.

Wait so no VE, no healing and no HLL?! Wow is confidence that good? Do you use it with 120 bushido/60 parry build? Uoguide says it heals on every parry and it only activates for 4 seconds. I have a hard enough time getting CA to trigger in 30 seconds. Can't imagine how hard it would be to get a successful parry off in 4 seconds. Maybe I need to do more testing if confidence is worth while.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Wait so no VE, no healing and no HLL?! Wow is confidence that good? Do you use it with 120 bushido/60 parry build?
Yes. Yes. I don't rely on Parrying. Confidence heals for 40 hp in 4 sec if I don't get a hit in this period. This is how I heal (against Memphis).

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new bushido mastery is very interesting. Cnfidence heals some amount even when you have been hit.

This from another thread
Anticipate Hit", with GM Bushido, Confidence gives +80 HPR for 4 secs, and restores 1-10 Health and 1-21 Stamina per successful Parry, with a 60% chance to reduce the Confidence HPR heal by 75% when hit, instead of completely losing it. With 120 Bushido, Confidence gives +100 HPR for 4 secs, and restores 1-12 Health and 1-25 Stamina per successful Parry, with a 80% chance toreduce Confidence HPR heal by 75% when hit, instead of completely losing it.
Plus
Intuition (Passive)
While the bushido, chivalry or ninjitsu masteries are active mana is increased based on mastery level.
I think this mastery could be better at several encounters than onslaught, especially doing champion spawns

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The bushido would be worthwhile if they didn't make warcry completely useless due to the stupid one hour cool down to it.
I use it on one of my least used dexxers (I have lost too many skills to soulstones, so I just have a ton of different characters with different dexxer templates instead) who has 120 bushido and the amount of hp confidence heals with the mastery is pretty nice. The 15 mana is also a cool bonus.

But for most stuff, onslaught or stagger are the way to go.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i still hadnt a chance testing onslaught, i dont have the primer but lets say for doing champion spawns i dont see why onslaught would be good there. Most of the time i do area damage while masses of monsters hit me. And the champion in the end isnt that hard too. I think the passives fir bushido are better there. (Sure warcry is nonsense).

Doing peerless there maybe onslaught is better.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have just tested Confidence with III mastery... It heals as usual - 40 HP... well, may be 45 but definitely not 80-100.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Bushido mastery 3 is awesome for Confidence heal,cause without mastery confidence stops healing once you get hit with damage,but with mastery 3 it heals even if you take damage which is awesome!.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, in theory, if you were to use HFat and Stagger, eventually you'd get things down to the point where they only swing once every 3.25 or 3.5s.
Hit Fatigue is not needed, since most Macing Weapons innately do more Stamina damage than other weapons. In fact, on TC i tested Stagger against Chief Paroxysmus and Dreadhorn, to great effect. Here's the results i posted before.

Just tested Stagger on Chief Paroxysmus to see how badly it messes with melee heavy Peerlesses, and holy crap is it powerful. Chief Paroxysmus went from swinging every 3-4 seconds, to every 8 while under Stagger, plus i had knocked him down to 0% Stamina with my Maul. At no point in time was i anywhere near in danger against him, he just attacked way too slow.
I had Honor, Disco and Corpse Skin on him, and with a 100% Fire Maul with 35% DI/30% SSI/62% HML/50% HSL/50% HLA i was doing 130-140 damage a Stagger, and about 150-160 total damage with Double Strike. Dropped him dead within 5-7 minutes of attacking him.
Just beat the crap out of Dread Horn. Once again, Honor+Disco+Corpse Skin with the same 100% Fire Maul, was quickly able to reduce Dread Horn to 0% Stamina, and Stagger kept his melee attacks slow as hell. Stagger did 100-120 damage, while DS did 120-140 damage. Took me about 15 minutes to kill Dread Horn, and was never in any danger the whole time.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bushido mastery 3 is awesome for Confidence heal,cause without mastery confidence stops healing once you get hit with damage,but with mastery 3 it heals even if you take damage which is awesome!.
The healing is reduced by 75% though once you take damage. Confidence with 120 Bushido and Lvl 3 Mastery gives +100 HPR for 4 seconds, which is 40 Health healed over 4 seconds. If you get hit during that time, it get's reduced to 25 HPR for the remaining duration of those 4 seconds. So if you get hit with damage in almost the same instant you use Confidence (which is pretty common in a Champ Spawn with lots of casters aggroed on you), then it will only heal 10 Health over 4 seconds. It's not that great.