• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] Question about gains

• Thread starter Samantha_deWintr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Samantha_deWintr

I'm doing the "cast weaken on yourself" method. Can I go straight to 120 this way? Or is there a delay in gains when you get higher as like skills like taming where you gain .1 a day if you're lucky...?

Thanks!

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Takes you all the way to 120.

I have yet to find a quicker way to train resist and all my PVP chars are trained using this method.

S

Samantha_deWintr

Cool, thank you for the reply. I'm currently at 72.5 (started at 30) and the gains are slower but still pretty steady.

I need to find a resist scroll! LOL!

Thanks,
~Samantha

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two faster ways of going about it.

1. (preferred) Attack several spectral spellbinders in New Haven.

2. Find a red friend with no eval int to cast paralyze fields for you in Fel. Run through the fields.

S

Samantha_deWintr

Will the red friend method work if you're blue and guilded in Tram? So far the "weaken/self" method is working pretty well for me, I'm at 98.3 with a couple of days work. I will probably use this method for my other character who needs resist. Or can you exchange soulstones amongst the same account's characters?

~Samantha.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The conditions for the paralyze field method are as follows:
1. You can NOT be in the same guild.
2. You have to be in Felucca.
3. You have to be an aggressor to the person casting the spells (you attack him first) if he isn't red. You then must keep attacking him periodically to maintain the aggressor flag. If he is red, then that isn't an issue.
4. The person casting the fields has to have 0 EI, otherwise you get stuck in the field.

But if you grab 8-12 spectral spellbinders in New Haven, you can go from 0 to GM resist in a little bit longer than an hour, and all the way to legendary in about 3 hours more or less, which is why I suggest that method.

Unless you play Siege, then there are no spellbinders and you have to use a different method.

Weaken/self does get you there, but the other methods are much quicker.

S

Samantha_deWintr

I attacked 3 spectral spellbinders in Haven and I got one .1 gain then they kept doing physical damage to me. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
~Samantha.

D

Dragonchilde

I attacked 3 spectral spellbinders in Haven and I got one .1 gain then they kept doing physical damage to me. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
~Samantha.
You have to keep ahead of them. If they get too close, they stop casting and just attack.

The most popular trick is to attack a bunch and lead them over to the Marble Patio... then attack them periodically to keep them casting, and they'll just stand there and cast harmless debuffs while you gain. :) Otherwise, you have to keep running in circles just ahead of them.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or you could buy ninja up to 40 and throw some ninja jewels on and go into dog form, hpr should keep you alive. I usually work Parry and Resist at the same time with this method.

S

Samantha_deWintr

You have to keep ahead of them. If they get too close, they stop casting and just attack.

The most popular trick is to attack a bunch and lead them over to the Marble Patio... then attack them periodically to keep them casting, and they'll just stand there and cast harmless debuffs while you gain. :) Otherwise, you have to keep running in circles just ahead of them.
Thank you for the tip! I'll have to find this marble patio, I'll go looking tonight. I finally found a 120 resist scroll so I'm excited about working on gains up to that new goal.

~Samantha.