• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about flip floping magic ability training.

Returning

Visitor
This is on test shard and not really wanting to spend too much time testing ideas if others already have or is doing this. I Tamed and then trained a nightmare with chivalry and ai on it. Looked at putting magery mastery back on and it cost me 1 training point because of the previous inherent magery skill. I understand that it doesn't have the same mage spells anymore but it now has teleporting which is useful. I then threw chiv back on for only the cost of 1 point because he was previously trained in it. It now has chiv and ai again. So if your short on gold and power scrolls to train 2 of them, saving some training points to flip flop your pet at 1 point per is a good idea? Sorry this stuff is all new to me.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Sure you noticed pet will not use suppressed skill.
For me this changing makes sense with poisoning only. First poison , train itto 100 or so , then get magery back. Pet will not use poisoning on hit but magery poison spell will put higher level of poison on targets.
If you talk about chivalry , it is 500 points wasted on suppressed skill. You can allocate them with better outcome. Or 1500 if it is magery. For Chivalry AI PvM pet better use Cu , , especially if you are low on scrolls . Or some Hiryu : lesser (can have up to 108 wrestling on tame) or big one (wrestling and overcapped fire resist). This pets will be totally enough to go hunt beacons and make yourself some tritons where wrestling and resist spell are high and don't need scrolling.
Also check magnicia pet market stalls on your shard regularly : sometimes there are awesome cold drakes or frost dragons with very high wrestling , tactics and magery dirt cheap. Or even scrolled pets with very reasonable prices .