Question about EA account transfer & Vet rewards

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
I read in another thread that by using the EA account transfer service to transfer an account to another owner it will re-set the vet rewards. Is that true? I am considering giving one of my accounts to my cousin for his birthday, but it's pretty well stripped besides one or two halfway finished characters. I was wondering if I were to transfer the account to him via the EA transfer service would this actually re-set the vet rewards on the account? I'd at least like him to have a few rewards to pick from seeing as the account age is about all that it really has going for it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Why not just skip the EA account transfer service since it's your cousin, not some Joe Schmoe you randomly met online?

T

The Home Guild

Why not just skip the EA account transfer service since it's your cousin, not some Joe Schmoe you randomly met online?
Because,the account he is giving his cousin as he stated is stripped.
So if the EA transfer service wipes all marks and gives rewards back that is why he is asking.

S

Sir Kenga

I see it other way. If u have let's say 3 rewards left unclaimed, and use service to transfer, new owner will get zero rewards available.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Because as Home Guild pointed out, the account is stripped. If possible I'd like to give him something that's more than just a newbie account that can use vet rewards.

I'd set him up myself with gold and what-not but I really don't have that much sitting around. Maybe 5 mil tops, so that's not really an option. If the EA service will give him some rewards to play with, it'd be worth it (IMO) to use it to transfer it to him.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA
Black Sun, I bought an account from a veteran player last spring. we went through the official account transfer process so any marks on the account would be removed and so all the info would be updated to my name. However, VET REWARDS were NOT reset. The account just turned 7 last week (yay!) so I got 2 new vet choices awarded to me. But asides from that, I did not get any prior vet choices reinstated upon account transfer.

T

Thangorodrim

I am not sure why you would think this is possible or appropriate.

If the rewards were reset there would be an orgy of non-arms length account transfer and rewards would begin to flood the market.

Buy him the rewards you feel he should have.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 21, 2007
If the rewards were reset there would be an orgy of non-arms length account transfer
Arrrr, methinks ye just gave someone at EA/M an idea! How much they be gettin' fer account transfers now?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
I am not sure why you would think this is possible or appropriate.

If the rewards were reset there would be an orgy of non-arms length account transfer and rewards would begin to flood the market.

Buy him the rewards you feel he should have.
As I stated in the first post, I read in another thread that rewards were restored, I was here seeking clarification. I never said anything about weather I thought it to be appropriate or not.

Nine Moons, thanks for the info. Glad to find an actual answer to the question.

J

jelinidas

Hey Black Sun. You got the correct info above, as rewards are NOT reset as I recall. The cost is $30 if I remember right and is charged to the new player.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Hey Black Sun. You got the correct info above, as rewards are NOT reset as I recall. The cost is $30 if I remember right and is charged to the new player.
Well, seeing as the account transfer won't be of any benefit to him, I might as well take the $30 and buy some gamestore tokens or something for him and just give him the user name and password for the account. Maybe the 7th char slot and the storage upgrade deal. That should keep him busy/addicted for quite some time.