• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Detect Hidden - hoping for a response!

M

Myrnae(BC)

Hi all,

I am working on training up on Detect Hidden, and although I have had some help, I am still unable to get it to gain. There was a post recently about putting trapped boxes in an untrapped box and doing DH on the untrapped box - this in turn was supposed to do a DH check on all the trapped boxes within the untrapped one. I simply cannot get it to work. Here is what I am doing - Make 11 (for this example) wooden (orange) boxes on my GM carpenter. Put all the keys on a keyring. Switch to my GM Tinker, since the Carpenter is not a Tinker. Place dart traps on 10 of the wooden boxes, put them inside of the untrapped box, then lock the 10 trapped to activate the trap. When I do a DH on the untrapped, I get no messages or anything. ANY help will be appreciated!! (Detect Hidden for Dummies)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its been a long time but if i remember right put all the boxes in a crate then put crate on ground in house and destroy box with ax then do DH on the square all the boxes are in you may have to do this outside your house i just read that DH used in a house only looks for people the other option is just line up a lot of chests and detect each one individualy

F

Fuzzy Spyder

Have you tried crates and chests in towns? Usually they're locked and trapped with silly items in them. in a blacksmith shop the chests have those horse shoes, ingots and wires. Serpent's Hold has several chests in the smithy. Trinsic provisioner has lots of wooden crates to try. Just my guess on hoping it works. What are you working the skill for? detecting people at a spawn kinda thing, or trying to be a cartographer to detect the trap and remove it from the chest? (a mage can cast telekenisis on the treasure chest and remove the trap safely if they're about 6 or 7 tiles away.)

M

Myrnae(BC)

I tried your method storm, but didn't get anywhere - I did a DH on the square all the boxes were on and when I did, I did not even get a system message back saying there was nothing there. So I am clueless how to do the "trapped boxes inside a untrapped box" method. I am able to DH on trapped boxes at Vesper bank, but oh my God that is going to take forever. I was hoping to put 70 boxes inside an untrapped and get 70 skill checks per DH attempt.