• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Davies Lockers and MIBs.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I have been doing a lot of cleaning/organizing and have come to realize that I have a crap load of MIBs!

My question is should I just dump them onto a Davies Locker without opening them to see if it is a water stained SOS or a ancient SOS? Will the locker know which is which if I just drop the MIB into the locker?

Thanks in advance!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe that you have to open them before you can put them into the locker. Either way, I would open them first so you know what you have. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, you can put unopened MiBs as well as SOS into the locker.

According to the devs, every MiB is potentially an ASOS - the 1 in 25 chance isn't "rolled" until the MiB is opened into an SOS.

I don't open mine first. I tend to save them up, and open them in spurts, trying to game the broken RNG by rapidly opening a bunch as soon as I see an ASOS from the small group I'm opening (all my ASOS tend to be very close to each other in opening).