• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question #3

B

Bo Riddler

For the purpose of this question, this is in a PvP situation.

R

RayneStorm

No, beacuse in PvE, when we kill a target that DoT-ed us, it doesn't go away. People that suggest it should are just mad about dying to a dead warlock...oh the irony!

B

Bo Riddler

But, a Warlocks pet fades upon the locks death, why shouldn't their spells as well?

Bo

E

Eldorian

<blockquote><hr>

But, a Warlocks pet fades upon the locks death, why shouldn't their spells as well?

Bo

[/ QUOTE ]

Pets are different, hunters pets fade when a hunter dies as well

I would think of it as their life force is what keeps the pet there. A DoT spell will fade once the time is completed and isn't connected at all to the spell casters life force.

G

No.

DOTS from Priests and druids don't expire on their death. HOTS from priests and druids don't expire on their deaths.

Paladins have remove curse (or someone does)

We are already limited to what DOTS we can use in battle. we have many people that have trinkets that immune them to fear. DOTS last shorter time in PVP than in PVE. Dots do significantly less damage PVP than PVE. I could go on and on.

If your smart in PVP, you decimate the locks first. I know. I get decimated everytime they realize I'm on the field.

D

DJTyrant

My damage completely drops off when I'm dead.

DoTs should break fear, I can trinket ONCE out of fear but the warlock has already cast a new one on me. Cloak works once a minute and for four seconds and is not 100% resistance, so it doesn't always work.

Pets go bye bye when Hunter's/Warlock's die, so should their dots.

Warlock utility in PvP is already huge, they could use some scaling back considering they are the original hero class.