• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would like to remind everyone that PvP has been broken for thousands of UO years and EA is never going to do anything about it. Thank you.

C

Crystilastamous

It's fairly unbroken atm.

Most people feel that if their template can't fight EVERY other template out there then they shoulnd't have to change their play style to fight a specific type of template.

F

Fayled Dhreams

uhhh ...Britannian date: Oct 5, 367 .... think you need to check your math ...

Sosarian/Britannian time ... is not 100 : 1 real year ...

One Earth year equals five Britannian years.
all I'm saying ...

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP is not bad these days there are very few things that are still an issues as far as I can see.

1. Resisting spells not resisting evil omen at 120 skill.
2. Energy field ganking

Outside of that PvP isn't to bad it has been much much much worse in the past and people have dealt with it...

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP is not bad these days there are very few things that are still an issues as far as I can see.

1. Resisting spells not resisting evil omen at 120 skill.
2. Energy field ganking

Outside of that PvP isn't to bad it has been much much much worse in the past and people have dealt with it...

Dont forget about people using scripts to lag out the competitor. Also fix the mana penalty workaround, remove the apple timer(to effectively make necro a secondary skill again), put a timer on cure pots, rework hit lower defense/attack, nerf lightning strike, and make strangle resistable. I am sure there are more (including speedhacks) but I am too tired to think of them atm. Right now some necro temps are too potent, as are some archer. The doggy dexer is rediclous with pots too.

K

Kiminality

Dhream on.... One Earth year = 12 Sosarian years. Fayled again. :link:

:sad2:

:stir:
That's based on the assumption that a year in Britannia is the same length as a year on Earth.

Based on either calculation, or official feedback (I forget which), it was determined that there are 5 Britannian years to an Earth year.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do these scripts give you some sort of rubber-banding effect?

Resisting Omen.. I don't think it'll ever be done, must be the way the spell is. They should just re-think Necromancy or cramp it completely like Ninjitsu. That worked better than we expected/asked for.. nobody's a Ninja.
On top of that, why not use a Paladin? Can't beat everything with a single template.

Speaking of which, isn't 4/6 Pallie ridiculous? You disarm them and they heal in front of you, not moving while you poison them, DS them, AI, Bleed them, anything. Maybe Mortal Wound is the answer here but didn't they nerf that?

Remove Apple Timer = Spam Apples = Fix one thing, break another.

Timer on Cures is much needed. Enough ways to keep you safe from low-level poisons, and if they aren't adequate(which they are) for higher level poisons, that's because someone wasted 100.0 just for that. Get over it.

Also please Timer for Refresh Potions. Divine ain't enough?? Get Focus skill and Stamina Regen or Stamina Increase suits, Stamina Leech weapons! Or hey, higher Stamina than just the limit for 1.25 under Curse? Ground-breaking proposition.. Not.

Strangle is "Resistable", it lasts less and does less damage. Also don't forget to drink Refreshes or hit your Divine Fury macro.

And yes there's more but not much any longer. I refrain from whining except the Archery exploit because I'm just sure SA will mess things up. Why start balancing now if they will **** up later?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chiv is for people who can't pvp.

It's the only skill in the game that a player doesn't even need 80 skill to get almost complete benefit from it.

Seems that most times they address imbalances in PvP they leave out the most important aspects that need addressing. This is just another example of EA's inability to do anything the right way instead they provide the new characters with an easy way to stay alive and be competative.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's based on the assumption that a year in Britannia is the same length as a year on Earth.

Based on either calculation, or official feedback (I forget which), it was determined that there are 5 Britannian years to an Earth year.

WRONG!!!! (do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars.)

Read up on it...Fayled even provided the link!

S

Saris

I have not had one good pvp super fun time since pub 19, also I stay away form most pvpers in UO becuase of scripts, timer resets, speed hacks and I even found new ways that pvps can **** me off recently, nothing like going to another shard to get hit by the new cheats :(

so... I am done, I will stick to PVM and hanging with freinds and I will do PVP with FPS games, maybey even check out AOC after they get the kinks out.

oh and take conflag poitons out the game, its not like there areeady not a bunch of ways to find a stelther, now that I think about it, I am sick of all the zerglings too, UO pvp died when all the blues moved away and left FEL a desolate wasteland for scripit mining and red's whos idea of fun is to **** on your day.

reminds me of an old Anthrax song.

S

Saris

oh I would have guessed wrong too for some reason I was thinking 7/1 time

F

Fayled Dhreams

uhhh ...Britannian date: Oct 5, 367 .... think you need to check your math ...

Sosarian/Britannian time ... is not 100 : 1 real year ...

One Earth year equals five Britannian years>>>>> . <<<<<< (underlined period)
all I'm saying ...
heheheheheheheh .... so ... either you did or DIDN'T find the link ... and since you should have ...
(it's quoted by you foo ... really shouldn't BE saying Kiminality is "wrong")

*ahem* (edit the requote to SHOW where the link IS)

K

Kazar

I have not had one good pvp super fun time since pub 19, also I stay away form most pvpers in UO becuase of scripts, timer resets, speed hacks and I even found new ways that pvps can **** me off recently, nothing like going to another shard to get hit by the new cheats :(

I used to PVP a lot myself but just as you said the cheats make it no fun anymore. Even 2 of my red friends quit cause of all the cheats. :shots: