• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvp

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heard kelmo wants pvp on origin, thought when i play seige it was a pvp shard why push it too origin ????

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege is not a PvP shard. If it were PvPers would be all over the shard. That is obviously not the case. Serious PvP only happens where insurance is.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol why then say go to origin for pvp some us like quiet shard we need less idiots in general chat

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I will lay off. I appreciate a quiet shard too.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is not a PvP shard. If it were PvPers would be all over the shard. That is obviously not the case. Serious PvP only happens where insurance is.
Says the person who cries and complains everytime someone is PKed.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We differ on this. IMO siege is to a pvp shard its the only shard you can be killed anywhere you go. We have pvp'ers, i4ni, arrr, and tru's guild, and we take it serious. dont dis credit us by saying pvp only happens where insurance is. We are here and would like to let people know there is pvp and we arent just a bunch of carebears crying over spilt milk everytime we die.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We differ on this. IMO siege is to a pvp shard its the only shard you can be killed anywhere you go. We have pvp'ers, i4ni, arrr, and tru's guild, and we take it serious. dont dis credit us by saying pvp only happens where insurance is. We are here and would like to let people know there is pvp and we arent just a bunch of carebears crying over spilt milk everytime we die.
Amen to that brother. Kelmo is steppin out of bounds saying no one PvPs and really throwing a bad rep for Siege. Just cause you don't want PvP here, doesn't mean you should discourage new players who do.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
heard kelmo wants pvp on origin, thought when i play seige it was a pvp shard why push it too origin ????
Siege have all kind of playstyles, PvP is one of them. However, the ones, who can't play without Item Insurance and Trammel zone for their crafter and PvM chars will never make it on Siege.
Origin is a test shard and it would be great if also PvP chars would test new context there.

We do want more players here but we want some with some balls and not some who can't play without their 100 mill upper suit.

And learn to spell Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Some people will only read what they want into my statement.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Some people will only read what they want into my statement.
Maybe but we all want more Siege players. I do think they misunderstod you :p
Lets all works together on rebuilding the shard we love.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe but we all want more Siege players. I do think they misunderstod you :p
Lets all works together on rebuilding the shard we love.
I am probably the WORST mage in all of UO but I am currently working on getting my main PvP partner setup here. With as many times as I've gotten her killed though I am not sure why she sticks with me.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understood you Kelmo. Like it or not, the anecdotal evidence suggests there is more PVP on Atlantic. A simple test of your hypothesis can be made by taking any character and walking around outside the guard zone by Yew Moongate. Do this on SP and then on Atlantic. Count the number of fights. I predict Kelmo will be proven correct by such an experiment.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I understood you Kelmo. Like it or not, the anecdotal evidence suggests there is more PVP on Atlantic. A simple test of your hypothesis can be made by taking any character and walking around outside the guard zone by Yew Moongate. Do this on SP and then on Atlantic. Count the number of fights. I predict Kelmo will be proven correct by such an experiment.
Now take this exact scenario but do it at Luna instead.

Now who´s the winner? :p

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now take this exact scenario but do it at Luna instead.

Now who´s the winner? :p
I figured someone might use the Luna analogy. It is actually more anecdotal support for Kelmo's position. People come and go through the Luna gate without ever venturing out of the guard zone. That is why they use that gate. If you try my experiment (running around just out of the GZ), you will not even be within sight of the gate and not see most of those who come and go.

However, you could change the parameters and use only faction characters, in Luna on SP and any PVP gate in Atlantic. You will likely still get many more fights in Atlantic. I say this for two reasons. More people gating about Fel Atlantic are looking for fights than those gating into Luna SP. But more importantly, one can stand at Luna gate for long periods without seeing anyone AT ALL.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, I see things haven't changed much. Kelmo still trying to turn Siege into the senior citizens' shard where nothing bad happens to the anti-social folks that want to play in their sandbox away from the kiddies. You're almost there buddy, keep pushing. Pretty soon you and GIL will have your utopia!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Is that your definition of Siege?

...the senior citizens' shard where nothing bad happens to the anti-social folks that want to play in their sandbox away from the kiddies.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well damn people, none of this bickering thread looks good for Siege!:(

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege to me means kill or be killed. loot or be looted. gather at your own risk. fight or run. you want to be god prove it or stay home. Siege is home for those of us that like the risk. siege is not for those that complain (imo). you want something someone has, go fight if you dare. the title of pvp shard may vary well belong to the trammel shards (if no-thrill fighting is your game). But.....the only TRUE PvP title belongs to Siege (and that other mini shard mugen hehe).

Signed...Sir Morder 13 year vet of Siege (and Siege only)...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We do want more players here but we want some with some balls and not some who can't play without their 100 mill upper suit.
And I thought I was speaking plainly when I threw that gauntlet!! :lol:

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see this thread as bickering. If someone is thinking about coming to SP, this is one thread he should read. The fact is, SP is a shard for those who wish for a bit more danger than elsewhere, but not just hardcore PVP. There is a place for hardcore players, but they get bored quickly here if they don't have other interests.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are all types of players here from pvpers to house sitters and all types in between. And people posting are neither right nor wrong. It is all about a person's point of view. If people are serious about moving to Siege for whatever reason, they will come try it out. Siege offers a month of new time via NEW2 , by way of community support. Plenty of time for people to learn the ways and decide if they want to be an ongoing part of Siege. Dosen't matter what Siege once was and only time will tell what it will be. Siege is what we make of it here and now.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It wasn´t out of fear of PKing and PvPing...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG this shard has become full of pansy ass tree huggers. I remember you (blanket statement for all trammies) used to say "trammel that way" or "candyland that way"... but holy ****, this is worse than trammel.

With the exception of maybe 3 or 4 real pvpers... what does this shard have now? ALL CRAFTERS AND FISHERS!!!

Astynax out!

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, that´s the beauty with "inside information"...

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has inspired me to hit the familiar SP paths on a PVP char. Look out Siege, lots of loot is headed your way.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that´s the beauty with "inside information"...
Well, I guess the fact he cryed about it and then cancelled it all right after and I remember a post saying I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT IF PEOPLE ARE GONNA PK is just imaginary dream then huh?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I guess the fact he cryed about it and then cancelled it all right after and I remember a post saying I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT IF PEOPLE ARE GONNA PK is just imaginary dream then huh?
Errr Maybe SHE Cryed? I dunno. Its so hard to tell these days.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For your viewing pleasure:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/twelve-days-of-siegemas.288874/#post-2204713

So someone says they will PK = Event Cancelled.

Tootles!
Referred to that link. Seems simple enough. Someone wanted to have something other than a slaughter as an event for people. A simple change of pace from the standard PK routine slaughter. Something unusual, no one having to run around in black & white over & over & over.

To bad the PKers can't seem to have any fun without that same old routine of doing a slaughter of people at an event every chance they get. You PKers need to get out of that rut your in and try doing something different as fun, instead of just the same ol' same ol' <yawn> slaughter.

Doesn't that slaughter bit get old after a while? Try a change of pace once in a while. Variety is the spice of life. Do something different. Play your character as being social instead of as being a sociopath occasionally and let Siege have a event that's not just one more <yawn> slaughter.

ZZZzzzzz...

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Referred to that link. Seems simple enough. Someone wanted to have something other than a slaughter as an event for people. A simple change of pace from the standard PK routine slaughter. Something unusual, no one having to run around in black & white over & over & over.

To bad the PKers can't seem to have any fun without that same old routine of doing a slaughter of people at an event every chance they get. You PKers need to get out of that rut your in and try doing something different as fun, instead of just the same ol' same ol' <yawn> slaughter.

Doesn't that slaughter bit get old after a while? Try a change of pace once in a while. Variety is the spice of life. Do something different. Play your character as being social instead of as being a sociopath occasionally and let Siege have a event that's not just one more <yawn> slaughter.

ZZZzzzzz...
Never gets old :) Its how I enjoy my $12.99, or rather my 10 Mil Gold each month.

Maybe if people did more then hide in their houses, we wouldn't have to rely on events.

An believe it or not, we do a lot more then just PK people. We do all kinds of spawns, peerless, etc.

Does it ever get old posting on threads you have no relative word in? You play a crafter.

Thanks for playin.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe if people did more then hide in their houses, we wouldn't have to rely on events.
We don't hide in our houses, we just stealth around and watch you homicidally inclined folks ride by. ;)

Does it ever get old posting on threads you have no relative word in? You play a crafter.
Sure I have a relative word in this. I'm one of those white wooly types chase.gif <laughs>

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am honest. I just have more information on this than you do, that´s all.

As for GIL avoiding PvP. That´s like saying your guild tries to avoid fishing like the plague. We´re not a PvP guild but we do it every once in a while.

Nozomi Tsuji

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

As for GIL avoiding PvP. That´s like saying your guild tries to avoid fishing like the plague. We´re not a PvP guild but we do it every once in a while.
I'm of a similar ilk. In fact the main reason I came to Siege from Europa was to get away from the elitism of PvP. I used to PvP often and played a PK for many years. The onset of AoS and soon after with the emergence of general chat I lost the will to do it anymore. If you won any kind of PvP engagement you were automatically accused of being a cheater, speedhacker or 'Arti-*****'. It got very dull very quickly.

I rarely have general chat on these days, but when I do, 99.9% of the time its the same sh*t arguments from the same people about who is the best PvPer. It's dull, repetitive and very tiresome.

Siege Perilous was never designed specifically for PvP, it caters for all play styles. PvPers need to understand that and on the flip side the Non-PvPers need to understand that they are going to die at some stage just don't go whining about it in general chat (which include pointless smack talking from the PvP victor as well).

On the whole 'slaughtering at events' thing. All the 'PKers' know fine well they are alienating a percentage of the non-PvP player base but again on the flip side the non-PvPers need to realise there is no one else for them to kill! It's going to happen no matter how much people complain.

It's a never ending vicious circle that in my opinion will never be resolved.

:bdh:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

do tell

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe we need to help the one, who would like to do some PvP.
The PvP'ers could help here. What about?

If a player try to fight back, let them keep their suit, if they are not PvP'er
If a player die very fast, before they get a chance to fight back, let them keep their suit
Regs, Pots, petals, loot bag, gold, gems, resources or other stuff, that is not a part of their suit can be looted. All can handle loosing it I hope.

If you can rez, rez them, them, when done looting
If you have time, give them a few advices about PvP tactics and PvP gear.
Try to share the fun, don't rez kill unless you know, they will try to loot before you are done, or they will rejoin the fight.

We, TDO was attacked of one of the SL guild, we lost badly as I got stuck and could not move near the gate at Shame level 2 and the other 2 was not geared for PvP. However, even with the lose, at least I enjoyed the fight and I believe my 2 members did too.
Now I can affort replacing my lost suit but for players new to PvP, it can fast cost more in new suits, than they can affort.

I'm trying to get TDO up running again
We may not be agressive in PvP at the moment but we will try to fight back. TDO have some looting and honor rules, can be seen in my book at NEW2 Inn near my vendors.
TDO accept almost all playstyles if they can agree to our. We try to stay neutral, we are only allied NEW2 to be able to help them out if they are in trouble.
We are not in faction and we are not in war and do not accept blue PK's = PK's who only attack red and grey to stay blue.

I hope we can help a little to bring PvP back to Siege

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend