PVP thread needed?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

mutau

OK everyone, by the looks of it, it seems that we SERIOUSLY, ABSOLUTELY, DIRELY am in need of a PVP/Faction thread here. I would like to get some feedback first before one is officially made.

Keep the discussion serious here. The thread would be alot less rigid as Pac main forum. But there will still be rules. OH yesssssss, there will be rules, muahahahaha. We'll borrow the rules that are used on Catskills. And they are:

1. If you are in here, you better get a thick skin. If you can dish it out, you better learn to take it.

2. NO accusations of cheats, hacks, etc. (or "explanation" of same) will be allowed.

3. Do NOT make us regret this. If you get out of hand, we WILL remove this thread and we won't make another one.

4. Other threads on this board will remain under the same rules and any trolling and personal attacks will be removed from those threads and the appropriate actions taken.

And............. let's discuss!

G

Gellor

Having seen a "single PvP" thread in the past on other forums, the biggest problem is they get outdated quick. Might be worth weekly or monthly "PvP" threads if this serious.

I've enjoyed this forum for allowing individual PvP topics as well as the overly generous modding done here. Especially after coming from the Napa board a few years ago.

PS: DS = butts:next:

V

Velandra

oooh yes please.. I love reading the pvp threads.

We have a stickied rules post already

S

suprshadow

i'll start the thread off. Just so this thread becomes truely awesome. I am in a guild called Rwar and since i joined it today, it has already jumped up to the number one guild on the shard.. hope everyone is as happy as i am that i am back.. Actually had a very fun welcome back party.. hope the rest is just as good!

High fives and tight vibes. thats the true Rwar way

M

mutau

just FYI, this thread will be moderated, loosely, but moderated. and that's to answer your question.

S

suprshadow

actually mutau casting corp por at work does make jerks go away..... and its funny how many people in the game mix RL with game loll funny stuff i like your sig

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 7, 2008
We dont need a pvp thread on stratics, its nice of yall to offer but its pointless because as long as its modded under stratics forum rules people will either get ban or have their post removed, its not possible for 99% of pvpers to discuss pvp without flaming someone. We need a pac pvp forum with little to no rules.

Also to be honest its not even fair to force all pvpers to discuss pvp in one single topic.

M

mutau

oooh yes please.. I love reading the pvp threads.

We have a stickied rules post already
Ah, yes. those were made by Sheridan quite a bit of time ago. We are thinking of re-doing them. Thanks for the reminder. As always the RoCs take precedence. But thats a diff topic/thread.

M

mutau

We dont need a pvp thread on stratics, its nice of yall to offer but its pointless because as long as its modded under stratics forum rules people will either get ban or have their post removed, its not possible for 99% of pvpers to discuss pvp without flaming someone. We need a pac pvp forum with little to no rules.

Also to be honest its not even fair to force all pvpers to discuss pvp in one single topic.
Extreemly good point made. While the rules would be relaxed, it wouldn't be non-existant. Therefore, to go and flame all you want, would require an outside forum.

*But the RoC prohibits advertising/spamming of sites selling something or promoting something that has not been authorized by Stratics. I'm not so sure of having a exterior site linked here for the purpose of pvp talk tho. I'd have to research into it. I'll think on this.

**ok. i'm making most of the posts here, crud.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 7, 2008
pretty sure guild forums is allowed since its allowed to be linked in the guild charter in game, also you say rules would be relaxed, what rules wouldn't be in forced?

M

mutau

GOOD QUESTION.... HM....

I've been looking at how other shard forums have structured their rules and pretty much, its just a reflection of the RoC.

So that got me thinking, that perhaps an open outlet of pvp rage can't be done here on stratics and should be done on a privately owned guild forum.

S

SUPRsalad

I officially own www.thesuperbestfriends.com and have hosting for our forum when its completed.
Our website should be 100% no holds barred, and basically rated X, so you're payers will be answered, sir. :thumbsup:

M

mutau

HAHAHAHAHA

*puts down infraction clicker and goes to make popcorn*

Let me know when the show begins. This should be good.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
HAHAHAHAHA

*puts down infraction clicker and goes to make popcorn*

Let me know when the show begins. This should be good.

*Finds the infraction clicker and hides it* The show has begun.

I'll start off by saying ... Karen owns us all.

J

Jack Napa

What factions are active, ive seen a few people in faction eq but they mostly seem to hang Luna talking smack :(