• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Tamers

F

Flats

Ummm Why Not Just Take Out The Whole Skill???
I Mean Thats What Ur Really Getting To!

Morgana why do i love you?!!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

My experience is that NPCs break targetting rules that PCs have to follow (with the exception of that archery bug). Are you arguing that NPCs should be able to break targetting rules that PCs have to follow, or have you misinterpreted my previous statements?

No, I am saying that they do not follow the same targeting rules as players. A long time ago in the game, they did. Then OSI changed it to make NPC casters more difficult. They went too far with it for a while, and NPC casters where insta-agro, insta-cast. If you came into a spawn of Imps or like 3 liches, you died instantly. So they did back it down some.

My point is that this is as designed.

Should it be that way? Not up to me. I can see benefits of having it both ways, because I am a tamer and I use an NPC caster to attack my enemies. But it certainly would make things a lot easier if lich lords and wild Greaters had to be on screen in order to hit me with spells and what not! I don't know how many times I have died 3-4 screens away from an NPC caster that let loose a chain of spells on me!

I can also understand why a PvP'er that never plays PvM (not directing this at you btw) wouldn't know that its not just pets that behave this way, but all NPC casters. It probably does shock a lot of PvP'ers when they think they are going to get away from a spell or a fire breath attack by running, and they don't.

Like I said, I can see benefits to having it both ways...but I don't think pets should follow a different set of rules than other NPC casters.

B

Balian of Asgard

well the log out/log in is SEVERE pvp issue and needs to be made so you get your pet at stable not in the field. sorry i just can't budge on that

as far as the rest of it maybe you can explain to me why it is a problem? i never said damage reduction was out of the question i figured that was one of the tamer's primary demands so i am trying to figure out how to keep the pet powerful but put strict yet reasonable limits on that power. (stat loss) i don't understand what you are trying to get at here. please explain.
how about make super dragon slayers that can kill in 5-10 shots instead of needing a whole crew it, similar to kill a peerless or something like that but not the same magnitude.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Finally something in Uhall worth looking at!!!!!!!!!!

:postpics:
Missed this...

I will re-post.

Why do we all have diapers on? These rags are embarrassing when you are freshly rez'ed and have to put your outers back on.

We need something like this...

...for the ladies of course.

And something like this...

...for the guys.

:D

S

Skullcollector

Idea….
They shouldn’t nerf the pets (super drag/dread mare), maybe a few tweaks on the casting speed and distance if anything. The problem is them attacking players who do not want to pvm but to pvp. Make it to where a tamer cannot say all kill on a player who is not flagged to them. Make them get a “beneficial acts” if they try to attack another player(red, blue or orange).
But if a tamer is attacked by another player the pet then becomes flagged to the attacking player. This allows tamer’s to still be protected by their pets that are still powerful killers, attackers beware. This flag have last the same amount of time as the standard flag rules. This way tamer’s are still in pvp and the pvm crowd will not have their pets nerfed.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do we all have diapers on? These rags are embarrassing when you are freshly rez'ed and have to put your outers back on.
Morgana, have you ever taken a look at the KR body styles? Below are the styles for female characters. You can change your body style in the KR client by using the "buy" option on an NPC Body Sculptor. You can also select from a few different styles of faces.