• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] pvp swordsmanship

J

[JD]

ok what gives. ive got a super uber sampire, 188 sta, swinging an ornate. hit a few peeps tonight with disarm to prepare for next combo and did like 21-22 dmg....

whats the point of swinging an ornate and needing all that STA and SSI when you dont hit for squat?

if i PVP with swords should i be optomizing for quick weaps like bokuto etc instead of high sta? go high int, low sta, high str? or are there weaps which will do > AI damage to players

this isnt a pvp char.... just havin some fun

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use katana and use armor ignore. Have a hit spell 50, max mana leech, around 34 HLD, some HSL and maybe 20 or so SSI. Equip with 40 LMC. If you have M&S you will get HLD sticking every four swings (5 sec) so use HLA on the weapon. Were you fighting archers, melee or mages? Sampires are not good in pvp from what I hear. Vulnerable to undead and the whole damage output is lower compared with pvm. You'll need max HCI or more.

-Lorax

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my /very/ short time in factions, I learned a few things.
1. Evil Omen, blood oath and corpse skin are your friends.
2. 100% poison axes are brutal after a corpse skin.
3. Executioner's axes are good too, especially against an ill-prepared mage.
4. Always have a one handed weapon ready for when you need a potion.

Note: As I said, limited experience. Against a well prepared opponent, I couldn't do anything constructive. But that could also be chalked up to "Them: years of experience, Me: weeks of experience"

A

A Bad Player

I don't suppose you've run into my guildy Green Man on Atlantic have you Farsight? lol Those first two points you made are part of the hardest hitting template ;x

J

[JD]

hi, thanks for the answers but my original question still kinda remains unanswered...

what i want to know is: is there any point to using big slow (but accelerated to cap) weapons in pvp?

my logic is: if they don't do more damage, why use them? use the faster weaps instead, as that frees up armor/weapon mod slots for other useful things (+hp, +str, +int, +mana, HLD, etc)

im a casting necro dexxer so i can blood oath, corpse skin, etc. and i have a 50 fire/poison ornate - still working on more fire and poison weaps...

are you guys running fc or are you just using protection?

A

A Bad Player

IMO the only way things like ornates and such are effective in pvp is with lumberjacking. Otherwise, I can't think of a reason to use a sword slower than a hatchet (save riding swipe for dismounting)