• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Questions for Draconi

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dalben Dragon those changes are needed, and 120 Alchemy would open new doors. Increased Str/Dex potion results, better Explosion Potion damage, bonuses to Conflagration and Confusion Blasts.

Maybe new Poison Potions because Parasitic and Darkglow are utterly useless!!

While talking about 120 Alch give me 120 Poisoning and poisons limiting your running ability(maybe by damaging stamina along with health, after Refresh Timer). Or poisons that affect skills/moves/spells usage. Or that make you walk instead of run. Or that lower some stats.

Oh and at 120 Alchemy all magical food could have lessened timers!!

Recuding any potion's efficiency without adding timers will do nothing because of button mushing or scripts. People will just drink a couple more within a second.
Have GCs work as good as they do now and add timers. For Refreshes too!

The REAL solution though would be to ALSO ADD "You have drunk too many of that potion type and feel that drinking more would cause severe side-effects." or "You have eaten too many of those..[...]..." . Just some 'food for thought'... ;P

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Good point.

But from what I recall the flag timer lasts longer than the invis spell does, so if you try to cast ethy voyage after being invised for a while it still wont let you.

Am I wrong here?
Yes, you are wrong. For Eth Voyage to work you just have to not see a monster as grey or highlighted, invis does this instantly, even for PvP. What happens with Eth Voyage is you get flagged again before you have a chance to fully cast it - that and it has that timer.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought we should re-visit the pet stuff. There was some heavy discussion on it early in the thread, then we all kind of dropped it. The question was basically, how to make Vet a more required skill for taming - particularly in PvP. So, the negative of not having vet currently is pretty much you can't rez the pet, and that is it. Proposals:

1 - Tie healing and curing via magery to the vet skill. Either completely tie it or make it less effective without the vet skill.

2 - Tie pet loyalty more heavily to the vet skill, making it so the pet loses loyalty more quickly (even without failed commands) without the vet skill.

My opinion is that the 2nd option would be easier done than the first, especially if you were trying to do the first so that it is only that way during PvP combat. However, the 1st one could be viable across the board if it was simply that magery without vet is less effective. I actually thought this was how it was for a long time. It makes no sense to me that you can use magery for equal amounts on a pet with or without vet.

The second issue was being able to pull a pet to you via "teleport" with either log out or a pet ball after it has been given the kill command on a PC (player character). The proposal were:

1 - Tie insta-log and pet ball retrieval to the flee flag, or to the combat flag.

2 - Remove insta-log or heavily modify it (pet comes back in same location).

I prefer the first option, where insta-log and pet ball retrieval are tied to the combat flag. You could still call the pet to you, but it would have to walk, not teleport. I consider the combat flag to be the amount of time a person is grey or "flagged" to their agressor. This is the period of time where if a blue has been the agressor on a red or other blue, the blue may not call guards on that person, because they are flagged to them. The flee flag might be this same ammount of time, but it tends to be screwy, so I wouldnt want to tie anything to it.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought we should re-visit the pet stuff. There was some heavy discussion on it early in the thread, then we all kind of dropped it. The question was basically, how to make Vet a more required skill for taming - particularly in PvP. So, the negative of not having vet currently is pretty much you can't rez the pet, and that is it. Proposals:

1 - Tie healing and curing via magery to the vet skill. Either completely tie it or make it less effective without the vet skill.

2 - Tie pet loyalty more heavily to the vet skill, making it so the pet loses loyalty more quickly (even without failed commands) without the vet skill.

My opinion is that the 2nd option would be easier done than the first, especially if you were trying to do the first so that it is only that way during PvP combat. However, the 1st one could be viable across the board if it was simply that magery without vet is less effective. I actually thought this was how it was for a long time. It makes no sense to me that you can use magery for equal amounts on a pet with or without vet.

The second issue was being able to pull a pet to you via "teleport" with either log out or a pet ball after it has been given the kill command on a PC (player character). The proposal were:

1 - Tie insta-log and pet ball retrieval to the flee flag, or to the combat flag.

2 - Remove insta-log or heavily modify it (pet comes back in same location).

I prefer the first option, where insta-log and pet ball retrieval are tied to the combat flag. You could still call the pet to you, but it would have to walk, not teleport. I consider the combat flag to be the amount of time a person is grey or "flagged" to their agressor. This is the period of time where if a blue has been the agressor on a red or other blue, the blue may not call guards on that person, because they are flagged to them. The flee flag might be this same ammount of time, but it tends to be screwy, so I wouldnt want to tie anything to it.
I agree completely.

The flee falg is really weird.

It seems to be that if you are red and you kill a blue you cant leave because you are criminal.

If you are blue and you kill a red you are not criminal, and since you killed him you can flee... but not always, sometimes they stay grey to the red.

I havent been able to quite figure it out, but it is infuriating when 5 blues can jump on a red and kill him and they are not flagged grey for two minutes as aggressors 100% of the time.

I am not sure if it's the care bear mentality of the programming to where they want to give the blues a chance, since in most cases blues arent as adept at pvp as reds are.

Either way I want it fixed to where if you attack someone you are flagged to them for 2 minutes regardless if they die or not. Although I don't expect this to ever be implemented/fixed.