• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] PvP Ninja

• Thread starter Goodoljoe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
G

Goodoljoe

Ok so im trying to build a ninja template for pvp to stay away from the cookie cutter every day templates and also as a SA project character for later on since the concept of a ninja looks very interesting to me.It not nearly finished but should look like something like this:

120 fencing
120 ninjitsu
90 tactics
90 anatomy
90 healing
80 stealth
100 hiding

My skill cap is 710 so that leaves me with 690 skillpts which means 20 free skill pts still ,my character is currently an elf so i dont benefit from any JOAT at all.(may consider turning human but mana bonus is just great..) . I was thinking 20 poisoning to inflict lvl 2 poison with the weapons I get poisoned by someone else.I must depend on recall scrolls to travel but thats not really an issue to be concerned about.

I have eaten a +25 stat and i want my stats to look something like 110 str 125 dex 20 int ,but not sure since ninja stuff can be mana intensive,so maybe I should drop str to 100 or even 90 and compensate with a spirit of totem.. I was considering jackals collar for dex bosot but i got told non medable plate is not any good with just 80 stealth since it will make me fail a lot so im just setling with a good crafted mempo.Is this correct? Since most fencing weps are very fast and i try to usually use ones with SSI too i got the concept that i dont need that much dex compared to a macer for example.But I need some info regarding this too_Only problem I see is that since i dont attain 140 dex my bandies are 5 secs and not 4..

My suit is something like this:

Spirit of totem
Crafted mempo
Crafted sleeves
Fey leggins (elf)
Crafted gloves
Heart of the lion
HCI-DCI-Resist jewels
Quiver of infinity
Crimson Cincture
Conjurer Trinket Tally

With heart of lion on i can get all 70s with 45 DCI 45 HCI but then i face real bad mana problems,so if i replace with rune beetle carapace my resist go more like 70/68/50/45/75
but still retain 45 DCI 45 HCI.
I also do not have parry on template but its not goin to fit in ,mirror images can compensate for this,no? My main concern are dexers since if i hit a mage really fast with a fencing weapons plus poison and focus strike for lightning,fireball or whatevr i doubt he can land a single spell on me if i do it right.I havent ever used ninjitsu before so all this spells are new for me so il have to practice a lot.I also dont see the need to overkill DCI past 45 since if i cant manage to surprise my mark and kill it in time chances are im already dead faster than i can say wtf.

I carry smoke bombs,pots,a traped box and apples to get rid of curses.Do apples share same cooldown as pots? I also tested DP shurikens poisoned by mate and they seem to work fine with no poisoning at all on my template.So i was thinking just puting a lvl 2 poison on dagger with 20 poisoning on ninja to help interrupt mages and generally just a pain on the ass to dexers too , and use a DP shuriken when needed.How viable is this? What tactics would you approach for this kind of templates?

Thank you

R

RichDC

Id honestly say put your points into stealth.

The deathstrike ninja move, is damage based on stealth weap skill and ninja.

Others though will be more suited to give advice.

G

gmcbroom

RichDC is right. I was running on Siege Perilous some time ago when I was hit by stealthed pker aka The Nightstalker. He hit me once possibly twice but since my instinct was to run since I had no fighting skills on. the further away I went the faster my health went down and next thing you know I was dead, dead, dead. He was clearly using Death Strike and it worked. I might have lived alittle longer had I turned and faced him instead ...I died under his eyes. So boost your stealth. because not all do as I did. And you'll want that ability to stealth in heavy armor though not for the bonus to DS. As for me...I ran across the Nightstalker the other day. This time I gave some pain back with 70 points in swords. I didn't kill him as I had to go somewhere but I hit him hard enough to see his health drop a third and him type.....ouch! Not my greatest moment but it was good to survive for a change. I got off track with that comment but trust me Death Strike is a good skill to have and the higher the stealth the heavier the armor you can wear so that after you attack you'll atleast have a decent defense. But I do have to point out you may need tracking for it to be really devastating. I think its Hide/Tracking/Ninja for the death strike bonus though. But stealth you can't go wrong with stealth. God hunting.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The formula is (Hide + Stealth) / 2 = % of death strike damage that is delivered.

You don't need tracking to get the dmg bonus, you just have to have your opponent tracked which you can do with human JoAT.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The formula is (Hide + Stealth) / 2 = % of death strike damage that is delivered.

You don't need tracking to get the dmg bonus, you just have to have your opponent tracked which you can do with human JoAT.
I did not know that! Great peice of info thanks.

Share some more of your Ninja related tips if you feel like it lynk?

I'm getting better on my Ninja but still find it hard to do significant damage unless they run.

R

RichDC

Lynk does have a nice PvP Ninja/bushido assasin on GL, a guildy of mine almost got assassinated by him the other day at moonglow bank!

Luckily there where 3 stealth archers hidden with him at the time!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk does have a nice PvP Ninja/bushido assasin on GL, a guildy of mine almost got assassinated by him the other day at moonglow bank!

Luckily there where 3 stealth archers hidden with him at the time!
I came back on a mage to kill all of you but no one was there any longer.

You're also forgetting your super dragon.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally... I'm going to LOVE this char when it's finished (on atlantic... my siege one is in the works too)

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
100-120 stealth (on siege I go 80stealth and 60med... b/c of no passive detect)
20-40 tracking (or med)

Spirit of Totem
crafted gorget
rune beetle
crafted sleeves
crafted gloves
fey legs

primer of arms/conjurers (depending on opponent... repond screws you.)

ring - 50% EP with DI, HCI and DCI (FC 1 is a plus)
brace - bracelet of health (HPR is important for this temp.)

healing with confidence, HPR and pots... plus use feint if your getting pumbled.

Character should be human, high str (HP) and int... dex/stam doesn't need to be that high.

Weapon - mainly bokuto... nerve strike + death strike is fun... followed by 35 pt crits to get them running... feint/smoke bomb if you get in trouble.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally... I'm going to LOVE this char when it's finished (on atlantic... my siege one is in the works too)

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
100-120 stealth (on siege I go 80stealth and 60med... b/c of no passive detect)
20-40 tracking (or med)

Spirit of Totem
crafted gorget
rune beetle
crafted sleeves
crafted gloves
fey legs

primer of arms/conjurers (depending on opponent... repond screws you.)

ring - 50% EP with DI, HCI and DCI (FC 1 is a plus)
brace - bracelet of health (HPR is important for this temp.)

healing with confidence, HPR and pots... plus use feint if your getting pumbled.

Character should be human, high str (HP) and int... dex/stam doesn't need to be that high.

Weapon - mainly bokuto... nerve strike + death strike is fun... followed by 35 pt crits to get them running... feint/smoke bomb if you get in trouble.
I play a similar build to that, though I dropped tactics to 90 to make room for an extra skill.

I disagree on the jewelry. To me (on this template) DCI is a non-factor for me. If you have it great but I wouldn't build pieces around including it.

This character is used for quick all out mana dump assaults and if I don't succeed I don't stick around.

I get all my HCI from totem, talisman, storm grip, and ring.

I use orny and a 1/2 with hci, ep, and +skills. My bok is FC 1/hit lightning.

I have 2 different builds for this and I can't figure which I like better. One build uses 60 Chiv, the other 60 necro. Chiv has greater surviveability but necro has higher damage output.

Without the necro I find that alot of people manage to get away with 10 hit points and just run a straight line waiting for their heal pot timer to run out until they are back to 3/4 life.

Also the crit is too unreliable to bank on for a kill shot, i'll usuall switch weps after the DS for an armor ignore or a conc blow.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it most difficult to create a Ninja with enough damage output.

110 Ninjitsu
90 Hiding
100 Stealth
(What is a Ninja without Stealth?!)​
110 Fencing
100 Tactics
(Shadow Strike is your best friend!)​

Now, what with the rest of the skill points?
Healing/Anatomy for healing, curing and bigger damage output?
Bushido for bigger damage output and healing?
Parrying for improving defensive capabilities?
Focus? Stamina and mana regeneration is pretty vital for a Ninja.

I tried Healing/Anatomy. I die less. Now, imagine me with a Bracelet of Health and dog form, plus the use of bandages...

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put this to the test last night. Used DS on a guildie untracked and when he ran, got 34 damage. Tried again moments later, with him tracked using my JoaT skill and again did exactly the same 34 damage...

So it seems that perhaps tracking makes no difference whatsoever or else it only makes a difference at higher levels of tracking.

After a bit of searching I have found no mention of tracking offering any kind of bonus on the damage of DS so i'm beggining to think that it does just go on stealth hiding and ninjitsu and nothing else?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put this to the test last night. Used DS on a guildie untracked and when he ran, got 34 damage. Tried again moments later, with him tracked using my JoaT skill and again did exactly the same 34 damage...

So it seems that perhaps tracking makes no difference whatsoever or else it only makes a difference at higher levels of tracking.

After a bit of searching I have found no mention of tracking offering any kind of bonus on the damage of DS so i'm beggining to think that it does just go on stealth hiding and ninjitsu and nothing else?
Ignore this.

Your target has to move a screen from where originally tracked to get the bonus.

Tracking does make a difference, coming from someone who actually uses it on a daily basis.

R

RichDC

Any idea what the cap is on DS damage?

Including the tracking bonue, also if you have them on tracking longer do you get more boost?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forget what the tile count is, but they just have to be X tiles away from the location you started tracking them. So if you track them for 2 screens the damage difference is no different than if you tracked them for 10.

If you just track them for the minimum required steps, death strike, and they move the 5 tiles, I believe the max damage is 45 or 40, can't recall off the top of my head.

R

RichDC

Thats pretty sweet!

And can you "stack" the strikes, If you DS twice then the target moves do they take double damage?Or is it still just one?

Im contemplating making a "resurection" style char

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can stack up to 2 Deathstrikes, but you don't get the full damage from both.

It adds 15 damage, I believe (i haven't stacked them in a while). For the mana cost it is usually better to do a diff spec move, unless of course they decided to stand still and you want to reset the DS timer.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, tested this out last night and it worked great, I think if you track them for at least a screen it gives 10 extra points of damage, which is obviously very significant, took my death strike damage up to 44!

I noticed on test centre when I put my stealth up to 120 it ended up doing around 55 damage!

Now i'm thinking of making some tweaks in my template to get my stealth up to 120 from 80...

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they run you get up to 60 damage. IF you stack two though...it only caps at around 70 and you waste a lot of mana in my opinion.

Sorry to answer your question...that includes tracking. No tracking = 40ish.

F

FuzZ

120 ana/tact/nin
97% dmg inc
against 70 phys(not sure if that matters)

without tracking opponent:

without them moving = 5
with them moving = 17
with 100 track + not moving = 5
with 100 track + moving = 17

w/ 100 hide/120 stealth:
not moving = 13
moving = 40

w/ 100 hide/120 stealth/100 track:
without moving = 13
moving = 40

after tracking oponnent:

without them moving = 7
with them moving = 22
with 100 track + not moving = 8
with 100 track + moving = 25

w/ 100 hide/120 stealth:
not moving = 17
moving 52

w/ 100 hide/120 stealth/100 track:
without moving = 20
moving = 60

R

RichDC

I have 2 different builds for this and I can't figure which I like better. One build uses 60 Chiv, the other 60 necro. Chiv has greater surviveability but necro has higher damage output.

Without the necro I find that alot of people manage to get away with 10 hit points and just run a straight line waiting for their heal pot timer to run out until they are back to 3/4 life.
Dont you need SS for the necro as well? Or is the painspike 0 SS strong enough?

I

Invertigo

Ok I've some quick questions, workin on an ninja archer, and while i hate stealthers, it would seem relevant if i including these to make dmg on DS. My questions are does the same dmg formula apply to archery or is DS capped for archery? If so at what? My current target skillset is:
120 archery
100 tactics
120 ninja
100 hiding
80 stealth
100 healing
100anatomy

Now I know 120archery and 120ninja is needed, as is gm hiding. I know I can drop tactics to 90 but figured i'd balance it to 100 for white dmg(wow quitter). How effective is 90heal/anat and is increasing it to 100/100 or even 110/90 a significant boost? I don't have a decent balance bow as of yet so chuggin would require me to disarm and rearm, not in my best interest.

So finally if I drop to 90heal/anat/tactics and DS is feasable in archery as much as melee, should i go 100hiding.110 stealth or which combo?
Also what should my stats look like? Thinkin 90str(have totem) and 120dex leavin room for 45int(255 stats).

As always thanks in advance for any advice.

C

CroMag1980

Healing... hmm.. if you're getting unloaded on a bit of healing/anat won't do a thing unless it's combined with high hit points, hp regen and ep.

IMO you should pick your target and time track them and go all out to kill them. When they're casting a high lvl spell or a GH from mob damage that's when you infecting/deathstrike/poison dart/ai just go nuts.

You will have pkd them or not, if not break off the fight which as a stealther you can do adeptly (eggbomg, shadowstrike, dismount and flee on four hairy little legs - not sure they introduced a time for the last one?).

Maybe drop the healing anat for 100 poisoning to bump to lvl 5, most run from this taking the full deathstrike damage. That leaves 80-100 skill points. Maybe gm necro and use some fresh tame bake kitsunes? Wraith to remove push-though issue in certain busy places like despise island.

Or drop healing/anat to control a couple of bonded and trained bake kitsunes 80-something lore tame should be enough. Way more effective than a few silly bandages. I'm not saying anat/heal isn't useful but if you are having to bandage yourself all the time.
1) you are not really playing the stealther role too well
2) you are sacrificing potential offence for essentially ineffectual (and often unecessary) defence.

You don't need really high stam to swing fast with a good ssi kryss so again you will have a bunch of stat points in dex (and not in int or str) that are there solely to get a few bandies going at a decent application speed - and if you are cursed without resist that application speed won't be very fast at all anyway even with that dex. Wasteful.

I

Invertigo

Using archery, so kryss is a nogo. Only real reason for stealth/hiding is for the DS dmg it contributes. heal/anat is for staying alive, I don't prefer the hit and run tactic I'm more of a kill or be killed fighter, anat also helps with base dmg. As for the whole kick em while they're down, not my style.

C

CroMag1980

Using archery, so kryss is a nogo. Only real reason for stealth/hiding is for the DS dmg it contributes. heal/anat is for staying alive, I don't prefer the hit and run tactic I'm more of a kill or be killed fighter, anat also helps with base dmg. As for the whole kick em while they're down, not my style.

They stopped deathstriking with bows - have they bought it back? *edit* you can now do up to 23 dmg with DS from a bow - pretty worthless if that's true

Heal for staying alive? Really I thought it was for casting spells :p point is you wont stay alive and you won't kill anyone unless it's a gank but each to their own.