• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) PvP Event For Rares Fest

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will be Updating this here and there as i get more info. Thank you.

I am hosting a PvP Event during Rares Fest on ATL this year. The event will include 4 houses that will be dropped filled with goodies. There will be multiple Harbingers dropped as well. There will also be prizes awards for the return of certain cursed "winning items". There will be a Bounty for the Murder of Moonglow's Governor Summer. For those of you wanting to just watch, my keep is built to be a "safe" observation area. :) Feel free to also come as a ghost to be absolutely sure you will not die at the hands of a scoundrel.

Official Rares Fest Thread:
http://stratics.com/community/threa...t-schedule-june-20-21-22.314498/#post-2393163

PvP Event Info

Date: June 22nd, 20014 6/22/2014

Time: 5:00pm Eastern 4:00pm Central

Place: South East of Fel Yew Moongate on ATL

keep map.PNG

Order of Events:

1. 4:30pm eastern Gates From Rares Fest Stage
2. 4:30pm eastern Gates From Fel Yew Gate
3. 4:50pm eastern Harbingers Start Dropping
4. 5:00pm eastern Houses start Dropping (1 every 10 minutes)
5. 5:40pm eastern Return "Winning Items" to Scribbles
6. 5:50pm eastern Award Ceremony at Rares Fest Stage

The "Safe" House

1. This house is by no means completely safe.
2. We will have Healers and Resurrection Staff on hand
3. Before entering the House or area please make sure all your items are insured.
4. The Safe House will be public but will have bouncers to ban anyone that attacks while in it. Once banned you will not be allowed back in even on another character.
5. There is a tele to the Toad Town Tele House inside Keep.
6. There are multiple areas to watch the action.
7. Careful you can and will fall off certain edges of this house.
8. There are more than a couple spots you can be attacked from while inside the House.
9. Its kind of like sea world. If you dont want to get wet dont stand near edge.
10. If you start attacking from inside the house you will be banned, even if you are attacking someone one outside the house.

Here are pics of the Keep and its many observation areas.

Bottom Floor:
View attachment 21730

Observation Deck (bottom)

observation deck bottom.PNG

Observation Deck (top)
observation deck top.PNG

15 Harbinger Spawns!!!

Winning Items!!!

Inside each "drop house" will be Two Cursed Items with a special engraving on it. These cursed items are what will win you a prize at the award ceremony afterwords.

If you find such an item please icq me at 609670565 or Spam General Chat until I see it.

Here are the Awards. Each Cursed Item will be matched with an award soon.

Award 1:
brit royal spy.PNG

Cursed Item 1:
pvp 1.PNG

Award 2:
broken crystals.PNG

Cursed Item 2:
pvp 2.PNG

Award 3:
brown angel.PNG

Cursed Item 3:
Pvp 3.PNG

Award 4:
rubble table.PNG

Cursed Item 4:

pvp 4.PNG
Award 5: Donated by @Herman
rubble pew.PNG

Cursed Item 5:
pvp 5.PNG

Award 6: Donated by @Herman
painting.PNG

Cursed Item 6:

pvp 6.PNG

Award 7: Donated by @Herman
unwilling cocoon.PNG

Cursed Item 7:
pvp 7.PNG

Award 8: Donated by @Herman
tinker legs.PNG

Cursed Item 8:
pvp 8.PNG

Kill The Governor!!!

The Governor of Moonglow, Summer, has issued a challenge to any one that can get the kill shot. Summer will be dressed in non-insured artifacts from various dungeons. The Governor also has pledged 10 Million gold to the person that manages to get the kill shot on Summer.

Pic of The Governor:

summer.PNG

Getting Resurrected:

1. Fel Yew Gate is just 9 Screens North west

2. Bring a friend, You are going to need it.

3. Inside the keep there is a Ankh, however its has a 1 hour timer.

4. If you are that worried about a little death, come as a ghost!

A special thanks to @Herman For the donations. It means a lot to me and the rest of the community.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me Via this thread, PMing here on stratics or ICQ at 609670565.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry there was some miss communication between queen and I. Thanks for handling it like a pro though. :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fixed it @EM_Bennu sorry to have bothered you in such a "kinda rude" way.

Sincerely,

The Paying Customer.
Wow really?

It wasnt "kinda rude". It WAS rude. I am sure if I was telling everyone you were going to do something without asking you first, you would feel the same way.

If the rest of the people connected with this Rares Fest are going to act the same way, then sheesh, ill make sure to spread the word.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed... and to me the..

part was equally rude if not more so. But, I reckon I could be wrong *shrugs*
You arent wrong. It was clearly a "I pay my monthly sub, the EMs should do whatever I ask of them".

I mean, its not like the EMs are people who work on their own time and could possibly be busy that day or anything.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Throwing the "paying customer" thing in there really kinda shocked me. While we are all "paying customers" there are some things EMs just can't do and when they can they usually seem happy to help. Asking first is always a plus, just to make sure it's allowed and like Promathia said the EM isn't busy irl or something.
I don't understand what I perceive to be hostility here. Aren't we all just trying to make UO more fun for each other? :(

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its also ironic how Rares Fest used to be about celebrating our EMs, the rares, and the community.

Now its just a way to get your name out there, order the EMs around, and make a quick buck.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's this elitist mentality that turns my stomach and keeps me away from uo at times!
Bennu does much much more than he is paid for, and when he speaks up for himself you treat him like a wet dog. Why, because your a paying customer?

Well brainchild, even tho he works as an EM, he is also a paying customer on his main account.

You and your ilk need to wake up and smell the coffee scribbles, you are not special! I'd suggest you apologize on behalf of the entire rares community for your treatment of Bennu!

Last edited:
T

Tazar

I fully support EM Bennu in this. People volunteering or being asked to assist is one thing. Being drafted or expected to assist without even being asked is just wrong. Following such a situation with snide remarks is even worse.

This is not the first such incident with an Atlantic Rares Fest.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said before, it was a simple miss communication between queen and I.

I asked queen if EM Bennu would be providing Healers as he has done in the Past. I believed her to say yes, therefore I posted that he would be providing extra healers.

No big deal, sorry for the confusion.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scribbles:

Fixed it @@EM_Bennu sorry to have bothered you in such a "kinda rude" way.

Sincerely,

The Paying Customer.

Funny how instead of apologizing for THIS, you just delete it.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My intent wasn't to facilitate drama at all.

I have no problem helping, assisting or otherwise doing what I can to bring activity and attention to our little flower that is Atlantic. However, I have a lot of rules I must follow. And as a general rule, the Rares Fest player event is between Mesanna and the players, the EMs are barely involved if at all. Most player event interactions require at least a courtesy note to Mesanna, or actually asking for permission. That isn't even taking into account schedules and such, to be honest I havent even looked at my overall schedule for June yet. I still need to talk to Taweret and Balthazar and see what they are upto this month.

I understand there was a miscommunication here... no big deal. All I ask is that before you draft me into something, ask me about it first. Im not a rares guy, I enjoy making them, but Im far too poor as a player (I spend most of my free time as an EM) to afford any rares, Id be laughed out of Rares Fest as a player :) To be honest, until this announcement I wasnt even aware Rares Fest was coming to Atlantic in June. I thought they were a Annual or Bi-Annual thing?

You caught me off guard is all. I'm easy to work with, just let me eat my ham before you put more turkey on my plate is all.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bennu, pass the cranberry sauce please!

Scribbles my heart goes out to you, if you check several prior posts this isnt the first time I have gotten my hands slapped for making a goof up. My apologies to all.
We all look forward to the Rares fest and the events that are planned and this one looks like you put alot of time and thought into it scribs, we all enjoyed your last several events.
I am glad to see the passion in the responses from others, we all love our EM and our shard.
Again my apologies to all

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bennu, pass the cranberry sauce please!

Scribbles my heart goes out to you, if you check several prior posts this isnt the first time I have gotten my hands slapped for making a goof up. My apologies to all.
We all look forward to the Rares fest and the events that are planned and this one looks like you put alot of time and thought into it scribs, we all enjoyed your last several events.
I am glad to see the passion in the responses from others, we all love our EM and our shard.
Again my apologies to all
It's not the mix up. It's the attitude. The poor attitude is what needs to be checked here. Not the fact that someone made a mistake.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Updated. Award Pictures added.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you @Herman for the offer. Do you have an icq or would you like me to PM you here on stratics? I would be more than happy to add more awards to the final awards ceremony.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you again @Herman for your donations. Your support is very much appreciated by me as well as the rest of the PvPers and community members alike. I cannot express enough how much things like this mean to me. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. :)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If we had as many PvMer's with their dragons and weps as we do at EM events, wonder if we could hold off the Pvper's?

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,
I read this thread and am amazed that anyone would throw down the I am a customer he has to do what I say line. These wonderful people that work for Broadsword as EM's, that let me add do not get paid that much and work a lot of hours because they love being creative and love UO, don't take their directions from you. They have a set of rules they have to follow, and yes they do come from me.

I set up some decorations for these rares festivals because I feel it helps promote people getting together. EM's are NOT required to spawn healers or create gates or promote any player events in any way. They have their required time and events they have to do for their contracts. What they do on the side is a different story. Keep this in mind also please. They can’t do this for just one person once, if this practice is started no EM events would ever be run again it would just be supporting player run events WITHOUT any rewards. If that's what you want fine we can go that route so I ask you guys…….Which way do you want it, we support your events or we continue with our events?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please keep with your events. And anything extra our EM S are willing to do hats off to them as always

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having sponsored many events, regrettably none recently, I threatened..um I mean asked my friends to help with gates or other things the event may need. In the destruction of Magincia we set up rez stations. I know many others have done the same during their events. Many that Hawk has sponsored have rez stations set up, his is one of the first that comes to mind. I am sure there have been many others also.

I agree it would be a slippery slope to have the EM's do something special for one event. If done for one then it would be expected to be done for all. How could they say no? ' You did it for them...what makes them more special then me? '....ect...

Personally I feel the EM's should continue just as they are now. Player events should remain just that...Player Events.

Hosting/helping with an event is what makes a community. It brings folks together to enjoy a moment in time.

That being said I will volunteer to be a target..um...I mean a rez station, or if you need someone to help gate folks I can do that too.
Just message me.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have been reading these posts and I pondered whether I wanted to comment or not. I then read Mesanna's above statement, which came as a direct result of what is being said in this thread.
What happened to the Rares Fest I remember, when players looked forward in attending , offering their help where ever it was needed and feeling like they were part of something.
Now It seems like no matter what someone tries to do, they are being ridiculed for it. (too much drama)

I think Lady Rachel said it best " EM's should continue just as they are now and player events should remain just that, Player events"

Oh and Players beware...We don't want to Piss off Mesanna...One push of a button and she will kill us all!! (muuhaha)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok im done with this. It was a simple mistake and you guys keep harping on it. It was already taken care of. There is no need to continue to troll this thread. Congrats on doing so... and by so many staff members. Have fun with UO im done.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok im done with this. It was a simple mistake and you guys keep harping on it. It was already taken care of. There is no need to continue to troll this thread. Congrats on doing so... and by so many staff members. Have fun with UO im done.
Can I have your stuff?

darkvulf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone,
I read this thread and am amazed that anyone would throw down the I am a customer he has to do what I say line. These wonderful people that work for Broadsword as EM's, that let me add do not get paid that much and work a lot of hours because they love being creative and love UO, don't take their directions from you. They have a set of rules they have to follow, and yes they do come from me.

I set up some decorations for these rares festivals because I feel it helps promote people getting together. EM's are NOT required to spawn healers or create gates or promote any player events in any way. They have their required time and events they have to do for their contracts. What they do on the side is a different story. Keep this in mind also please. They can’t do this for just one person once, if this practice is started no EM events would ever be run again it would just be supporting player run events WITHOUT any rewards. If that's what you want fine we can go that route so I ask you guys…….Which way do you want it, we support your events or we continue with our events?
Mean while mesanna is over at "toad town" spending over an hour decorating and handing out special lanterns to certain people and soon a gate. The devs and ems spend how much time at this this player run event, but apparently asking for a few healers and a gate to the "pvp" event is too much to ask and would spark others asking for help with their player run events.
Certain people are playing favorites and it is so obvious.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The post you deleted was NOT a "simple mistake". This is the internet, don't think deleting a post and never apologizing for it is going to fly.

And @darkvulf Noone ever ASKED for healers or anything. Thats the whole point.

darkvulf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The post you deleted was NOT a "simple mistake". This is the internet, don't think deleting a post and never apologizing for it is going to fly.

And @darkvulf Noone ever ASKED for healers or anything. Thats the whole point.
So since this thread, no one ever asked? i don't think you know that. Also to me mesannas post comes off as we can't help with all player events because then everyone would ask for help, i have an idea, stop spending so much time on the rares fest which is also a player event and be fair to everyone, stop playing favorites.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I updated the cursed armor pics to go with the awards.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Updated a picture for Kill the Governor. Summer's rather colorful get-up is up for grabs. :)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Five (5) PM EST Today! (gates start earlier)
Sharpen your swords- Fine tune your stealther's - Check your supplies- Lets give it a try PVMer's