• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[PvP EVENT] 'BEAST WARS'

I

Intoxication

Announcing
The Lost Souls of the Night
Three vs Three PvP tournament
‘Beast wars’

2nd place 6 million gold
1st place 12 million gold

Friday January 9th at 7pm shard time (PST)
This tournament will be free to all who attend and participate.
Come Show off your teamwork and have some fun!!!

All participates will need to report to the LSN Arena house 30 minutes before the event for a review of rules and to sign in. Gates will be available from Luna and Yew gate.

Please remember this contest is on the Felucca facet, and not everyone can be completely controlled. If you are coming, either to participate or as a spectator, please do not bring anything that you may not want to lose. We strongly suggest insuring any non-blessed items and clearing your backpack of any non-necessary items.

You will pick your own teams of three players. One of these three players on each team may bring pets. Now this does not mean that you have to bring pets. There is no limit as two what pets the one player of the team uses but he may not switch pets after the round is over. The teams will be matched up at random until a winning team is declared.

Prizes will be listed at a later date.

We look forward to seeing you all there!!!

Event Rules:

1. You MAY use pots, trap boxes, pedals, apples, or any other item that you wish: I will not be snooping backpacks at this event because there aren’t any items that you’re not aloud to bring.

2. You MAY cast any type of field within the ring: You are aloud to use any type of field all we ask is that you try to keep them out of the space where people are watching the event.

3. You MAY resurrect you fellow team members and/or pets during the match.

4. You MAY use mage, necro, and ninja summons: the members of the teams that do not have pets may use any kind of summon available as long as they are not pets.

5. The only pets aloud in the ring are the pets that belong to one of the members from each team.

6. Aside from the teams competing in the ring, there is to be no fighting in the house. If you wish to spar or "warm up", you may do so outside. Any one in the house attacking others will not only get them but their entire guild kicked out of the tournament and banned from the house.

7. With the exception of Protection, Magic Reflect, and Reactive Armor, pre-casting on your self, your pets, or another team member is not allowed. If you wish to use buffs such as Bless, or a necro or animal form, you must wait until the wall falls.

8. Contestants may not be mounted. Ethys and mounts will not be aloud, the tamer is also not aloud to mount there pet if it is a ridable pet.

9. Looting your opponent will be grounds for immediate disqualification from the tournament.

10. The tournament is meant to be fun. We ask that you help it stay that way by not reporting murders unless asked by your opponent. If you ignore this, and your reporting results in a blue turning red against their wishes, you will be disqualified and your opponent will automatically win the match.

11. There are to be no mounts or other pets on the stands where people are watching the event. There is plenty of room on the lower floor for pets. If you or one of your pets is caught attacking someone else's pet out side of the match, you will be removed from the house and disqualified from the tournament if applicable.

12. Mild trash talking is to be expected, but if we feel it's getting out of hand we will give you one and only one warning. Ignore that warning and you forfeit your place in the tournament and you will also be banned from the house.

13. Any form of cheating or exploits is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification, as well as banning from this and any future LSN PvP tournaments or events.

14. The event will not be put on hold or changed in anyway due to stat loss. We are very sorry if this affects you but we cannot hold up others due to your loss.

These rules are just basic guidelines. We reserve the right to disqualify or eject anyone from the arena for any form of nuisance, at our discretion.

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question so far, can the tamer ride his pet?

Well actually two questions I guess, what is the stance on invisibility and hiding? acceptable, or disqualification?

I

Intoxication

well i haven't made any rules on either of those things yet so I say we see what everyone else feels.

So if everyone would post how they fell about tamers being mounted and hiding. please don't just say yes or no, give a little incite as to why you feel they should or should not be aloud.

I would say the tamer can not ride his pet during battle just due to the fact that i would like everyone on foot. if the others aren't aloud to be mounted the tamer shouldn't either.

and i would say yes to hiding and invisibility because you are aloud to use any item you want in this tourny. I have never made any rule in my pvp tournys saying you could not hide or invis. It maybe a good idea to put some pots in your bag to help find the people trying to hide from you. It will be a pretty large space that the fights will be in, but it will still be confined so you shouldn't have a problem finding people trying to hide.

T

Trinsie

Well I am not sure if it is reason enough to make a tamer not mount, but if the pet is about to die they could jump and it and take off the other side of room, pop off and hit a cure.

I have never PVPed ever. Can a tamer hop on and off his pet to make targeting harder?

Hiding seems ok to me.

I

Intoxication

just wanted to bump up this event so people don't forget about it

I

Intoxication

The house has been re done for this event. there are now two floors that contents will be able to fight on. if anyone wants to drop by and check it out feel free. the house is normally always open to the public and is located north of yew gate by the water

I

Intoxication

just wanted to thank everyone that showed up.
things got a little interesting but it was still a good time.

exe took first ffbz took second

there seem to be a problem with getting pets to fight so it ended up being just 3v3 pvp.

next event will be posted soon 1v1 all goes.

I

Intoxication

yeah i know if he would of said "all guard me" the pet would have attacked

next time i do anything with pets ill make sure to explain it better that you must have you pet guarding you to make it kill someone in a house.

i will set up the post for the 1v1 tonight and think of a prize
i like to make the prizes for 1v1s a little higher.
maybe this time swat well show up.

i must say though if people can be good and follow rules inside my house i will have to ban whole guilds from the event, as i state in my rules. if you can't control your guild members that isn't my fault and it shouldn't ruin events for everyone else.

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the 1vs1 can you make it like a wednesday or thursday night?

I know SW@T are party animals and aren't caught dead playing UO on a friday night, so I don't want to just give the GOD of PvP Santa Claws an easy excuse to not come.

Just wouldn't feel right for whoever won if they didn't get the chance to beat Santa Claws for the title.

I

Intoxication

sure maybe would could take a vote on the best night and time

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dope Boy Fresh, Multani Extreme and I Already Won UO offer to take on the "winners" of this poorly timed event any time.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poorly timed event? She gave you guys more than 2 months notice on this. Do you need a year notice or something to get your game life sorted out so you can attend?

I

Intoxication

lol they can prove themselves at the next one. its not like i don't do them all the time.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awe i think its cute, u guys are bitter.

Thanks intox for the event, the shard really let you down eh?

And FFBz had enough for another team but they were to busy outside crying and killing the spectators... well untill i went outside =/ poor show