• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Dexer with HPR?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone ever played a dexer in pvp with max/close to max hpr on their suit? i'm just curious. Doing some reforging and have come out with some enticing pieces where i could run a dexer suit with a ton of hit point regen.

I've only used it on mages and understand when and why it helps some, so just curious if anyones used it.

Thanks!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually have like 14 on dexer suits where I reforge woodland armor for 10 stam or HCI, then I enhance with bloodwood mainly for resists. I like having it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually have like 14 on dexer suits where I reforge woodland armor for 10 stam or HCI, then I enhance with bloodwood mainly for resists. I like having it.
Cool, i was considering doing it up in woodland, but its going to work out fine without it, should be like 16hpr and 18dmg eater, we'll see lol

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone ever played a dexer in pvp with max/close to max hpr on their suit? i'm just curious. Doing some reforging and have come out with some enticing pieces where i could run a dexer suit with a ton of hit point regen.

I've only used it on mages and understand when and why it helps some, so just curious if anyones used it.

Thanks!
Choosing your suit to be offensive or defensive is important depending on your position on a battle field. For instance if you go out with a group of people and are leading them then you may want to be the primary healer and in this case you would want a very defensive suit. I have in the past used very defensive suits and they were great in some pvm/pvp situations. The defensive suit can be good in pvp if you are in a team situation and may be getting ganked by three and need to stay alive to revive your team or lead the gankers to your group that will jump them in your attack zone. You would use this suit to get away in most cases or lead because it isn't offensive and you would not kill the others. A highly defensive suit work well at spawns because as you're fighting the spawn and others are crashing your party then through the chaos you can survive. A highly defensive suit may be used when you are the one that is an archer on foot with a heavy intent on dismounting every opponent against your team. You're moving slow because you're on foot and may need to be defensive. I used to run a poison archer with the maxed HPR suit and was in lich form for mana regen and the HPR countered the negative effect of loosing health. Those were fun days.

A highly offensive suit you would likely not have enough space in property weight to have a maxed out HPR suit.

-Lorax

p.s.

Thinking about this a little more the suit for Lorax was not maxed because I don't think back then there was a cap on HPR or it was higher. I used bracelet of health and probably had 24 HPR. So the perspective effect of HPR could be skewed a bit based on an old outdated experience.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i ended up building it with 14 hpr and 18 damage eater. works out pretty well, hard to gauge, but is a nice supplement and didn't give up anything game breaking to have it for the template

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just keep in mind the Item cap for HPR is 18. (Which is about 3/piece of armor.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'm very aware of that, i've made several 18hpr suits on mages.