• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP COMPAINTS

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God grant it im probely one of the worst at pvp .
But let me give you a pice of mind anyways.

First off and ofr most REZ KILLING
Dude like if you killed me at leat 5 times rez killing whats the deal ?
Honestl what the heck does it do for your ego ?If its just funny for you what the heck? A little more sportman ship would be cool. I tested my theroy many times a watched people kill me 20 times. It was my way of rageing wanted to see how many times some one would realy rez kill. the best part is there was more more than 3 doing it. I realy dont undestand it. And none of this would make me quite the game .But I thought it was just realy weak .

Large group fighting. Im kinda sick of factions now it seems no one does any loan pvp fighting an running bac kto get rezzed to re enter the fight .
No what usaly happens is a huge group faces a smaller. A lot of thoese people you never ever see them alone.
What could help come on lets do player vs playe r PvP its not PsvPs :wall:players vs players. its not like old faction days fight for the town and defend no we all run around a champ or in yew. Hey btw I think if you got the biggest group in a spawn and you can take then go for it thats cool. But in yew is it realy even neccery what is even the point . Then you got some dude hideing in the house . 5 people waiteing out side of it . what the heck is that
:twak:
Seek a something harder to do . Sure its fun to be in the safty of a group . But darn it . I want more one on one action. Im prety sure I wuld be tough but i know for dam sure i cant handle to chars at once o na dexxer or a mage and who ever can rock on with your bad selves.

To the bushido mages totaly cool template.. But bring out your dexxers every once in a while too. try to seek some thing more orginal too. every one is useing all the same stuff isnt it boreing ??? Do you realy want to kill off the fun part !!????? :twak:

C

Capn Kranky

I learned a long time ago (and I suck at PVP) that if the same bloke rez-kills me one time, I should perhaps get rezzed somewhere else. Seriously. If he follows my ghost to there, then I simply go elsewhere - especially now if I have gear insured.

<shrug> I simply avoid (if possible) the rez-kill situation. Worst case, log right the heck off as he follows my ghost. Let him try and track me then.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, you are probably awful at PvP. I would venture a guess that your PvP ability is fairly equivalent to the level of your grammar skills.

Res Killing - It is funny. You raged and watched someone kill you 20 times? Oh wow! You sure showed them!

Group Fighting - Ultima Online is an MMORPG. That stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Note the underlined words. If you want single player, there are plenty of games out there for that. Or just spam in general chat that you are looking for duels. But don't cry when you are running through Fel and get ganked.

Im prety sure I wuld be tough but i know for dam sure i cant handle to chars at once o na dexxer or a mage and who ever can rock on with your bad selves.
Pretty sure you wouldn't be tough on any level. You've proven elsewhere on these forums that you know nothing about PvM, and now you've proven you know squat about PvP. What exactly is your forte?

To the bushido mages totaly cool template.. But bring out your dexxers every once in a while too. try to seek some thing more orginal too. every one is useing all the same stuff isnt it boreing ???
Everyone uses a bushido mage? Not really man. Do you even PvP? The most common templates are archers and mystic mages. There are very few Bushido Mages.

W

Woodsman

especially now if I have gear insured.
Especially this. With insurance and bags of sending, there is no reason to get upset at being pked, because getting pked really has no meaning anymore. I might as well be playing Team Fortress.

The only time I get upset at dying in PvP is when it's because the EC crashes :cursing:

And I'm not upset at the other player(s).

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and?

This is an MMO, ganking isn't anything new or poor. Most PvPers run in groups because of this. If you have a problem with being res killed you are MORE than free to leave the area and res elsewhere. Such as in trammel. Or, if you're red, get a friend to res you somewhere safe or just find another place to res. Even the most newbish player understands this part.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure I am free to leave I just wanted to see how sad the state of pvp has become.It used to not be so . So now it seems that it is so. I could have rezed at my friends ankh. I just wanted to analize how sad the situation would be. Back a while ago you died maybe you would even get a rez doesnt seem to be the case.
Ganking yeah sure its normal .But like I said I wanted to know what is the chalange in actualy ganking some one . The fact is they cant PvP there own selves and it shows. I dont pvp to make sure I allways get a winning situation I do it for the chanlge but . Regardless it is imposible to beat 3 vs 1 on my archer. If you can do that I would like to learn how . But if you did do that I bet you just faced a bunch and newbie blue chars and none of them were mages.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
]

Pretty sure you wouldn't be tough on any level. You've proven elsewhere on these forums that you know nothing about PvM, and now you've proven you know squat about PvP. What exactly is your forte?

]
What shard are you on care to try me one on one ?

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played a red for years, I don't think you guys can complain about getting res killed these days. You can go to 1 of 4 moongates and get a res from a red healer instantly. Of course you run the risk of getting res killed but it is sure better then running a couple hours all over fel looking for a damn healer. Die up by ice dungeon/wrong and try to find a healer around. Chances are you won't until you get to chaos shrine, which is quite a run.

As for ganking..well duh don't go to yew. Yew gate is a gimp showcase that offers little valuable pvp experience, is full of guard hugging blues and packs of reds. It offers everything to the advantage of the blues, or the house hiders. I can die to 5 archers pretty quick, but bring them into despise and see them get trapped in fields and die one-two at a time. It sounds to me like you just expect pvp to cater to what you want to do, which is fine but play so you can set that up. I don't want to fight 5 people at once, so I try to separate them, trap them, etc etc.

Not everyone can outsmart the guy each fight, but chances are if you are fighting a "zerg" you will have overagressive, mediocre players, who are suprisingly easy to lure into traps. Use terrain advantages and outsmart your opponent(s).

If you are outclassed then you should expect to die and try to learn from that experience to improve.

OR STFU and go back to tram.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played a red for years, I don't think you guys can complain about getting res killed these days. You can go to 1 of 4 moongates and get a res from a red healer instantly. Of course you run the risk of getting res killed but it is sure better then running a couple hours all over fel looking for a damn healer. Die up by ice dungeon/wrong and try to find a healer around. Chances are you won't until you get to chaos shrine, which is quite a run.

As for ganking..well duh don't go to yew. Yew gate is a gimp showcase that offers little valuable pvp experience, is full of guard hugging blues and packs of reds. It offers everything to the advantage of the blues, or the house hiders. I can die to 5 archers pretty quick, but bring them into despise and see them get trapped in fields and die one-two at a time. It sounds to me like you just expect pvp to cater to what you want to do, which is fine but play so you can set that up. I don't want to fight 5 people at once, so I try to separate them, trap them, etc etc.

Not everyone can outsmart the guy each fight, but chances are if you are fighting a "zerg" you will have overagressive, mediocre players, who are suprisingly easy to lure into traps. Use terrain advantages and outsmart your opponent(s).

If you are outclassed then you should expect to die and try to learn from that experience to improve.

OR STFU and go back to tram.
I like that mads fun.n so true.It just amazes me though that others find ganking squads fun it all made since when you were trying to get items and armor back in the day it even makes since to just gank in a spawn but in yew you would think hey lets try one on one because no one has any thing to lose but some insure money.Its just funny !

W

Woodsman

Ganking yeah sure its normal .But like I said I wanted to know what is the chalange in actualy ganking some one.
There is no challenge, that's the whole point, otherwise it wouldn't be called ganking. With item insurance, it has even less of a point these days on the main shards. A lot of people are just bored and it's something to do.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no challenge, that's the whole point, otherwise it wouldn't be called ganking. With item insurance, it has even less of a point these days on the main shards. A lot of people are just bored and it's something to do.
Thats what is at the hart of whats bothering me! Isnt it a lot more exceiteing if you almost die but win ! Rather than rampage threw and have no one left to kill?

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... now if they could just convince PvPers to actually act human to one another and not grief, then they might actually get more people involved in PvP .
Im going to post this in my PvP thread complaints . This sums it up right here,this gives me hopes for all devs .Its realy a social problem is'nt?
Let me hatch this out here. Its mainly the abilty to gank each other to have 3 vs 1 Mages being mad at dexxers ,dexxers being jeloues of the favortism offred to Mages. YOu know every single PvP mage must be running 70 dci to beat the cap .Well most,then some add bushido to the mix.I would worship the guy that can single handly bring one down on a pure dexxer char :bowdown::popcorn: Even though some one did make a point about its being multi player game masive style.I get that point ! But it still a form of Grief giveing .

PvP effects all of tram anways , I think a lot of the limmits given to chars have been a direct resulat of PvP Example , the 215 dex max back in the day with one sec bands it was pvpers who cryed out aginst this crazyness
Tram is a direct result of players giveing greif. Factions is a way to get cheap items. Factions is a way for blue players to kill with out conesqunce !
Bring back oder and chaos !!!!
Ramble Ramble Ramble!

T

Tox The Murder

I would love to have the old faction system back...Order/Chaos at least.

PvP used to be fun...Now all it is is gank sqaud vs gank sqaud. BRING BACK THE FUN IN PVP!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to have the old faction system back...Order/Chaos at least.

PvP used to be fun...Now all it is is gank sqaud vs gank sqaud. BRING BACK THE FUN IN PVP!
ganking is part of the game, always has been too.

townies back in the day ... all about it.

L

longshanks

this was a really hard thread to read.

i would really like to see the arena's get up off the ground. Can't believe they dont have the kinks worked out of that system yet. Well, maybe i can believe it.

What IcM said holds true. Learn to run T2A. On a fairly occupied shard your sure to run into some and force the old non consenual 1 v 1. You better get your kill quick however as that person if in a large guild is sure to call in back up.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arena is a good way to get some Pvm chars intrested in PvP . On another thread some one one was saying not realy even enoughf people are intrested in pvp just a very small percent are . So they are not realy going to invest time in stuff that is not even going to be used by others.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice you got some one on a lot of shards I play on eurpoa , I can xfer to atlantic for a bit . After you can try to x -fer to eurpoa for a but we can both play against eachother on our main servers . Need any thing from eurpoa on my way over ?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no reason to transfer to Europa.

If/when you get to Atlantic, I'll fight you.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The last five posts have given me an idea. Click here.