• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Bow Question

F

Fränk

How there looks a bow which one can produce by imbuing on a except bow?

I will usw a balanced bow for pvp and i have 5 SSI, 30 HLD, 35 DI, 45 HCI and 45 DCI on my suit. What for properties still had to go on it?

C

Cyric_SP

First, I'm not sure how you have SSI and HLD on your suit, as those are weapon properties only. As for the bow, this came straight from pvpers I've talked to.

Composite Bow
Velocity 44
Hit Fireball 44
HLD 40
SSI 30
Rest in DI

You use a composite bow so that you get moving shot as one of your special moves. While Balance is nice to have so you can chug without dropping your weapon, Velocity adds more damage to your hits, especially if they are running away from you. The farther your target is away from you the higher the damage is from Velocity. Also, it isn't that hard to create a macro to chug and equip your bow again.

F

Fränk

I use the Mace And Shield Reading Glasses with Hit Lower Defense 30% and i have a ring from shame with SSI 5. Do i need still hld on the bow?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plenty of ways to get HLD on suit. Daiymos helm, Ranger Cloak, Turquoise ring, new dungeon shields/jewelry.

To answer the OPs question that I don't really understand to begin with, you want enough SSI to swing as close as you possibly can to Max. I think the best you can get a composite is 1.5 and a heavy 2.5.

You need to be 45 hci.

Other than that, it is really about preference. Some swear by double hit spell. But if I have an archer that is 120 tactics, 120 anat, and 150 str, I'm really more focused on making sure I get 100 Damage Increase.

If I have to pick one hit spell over the other, I'd really recommend going with Velocity over the others (especially on a moving shot bow). When fireball/lightning/harm/ma goes off it makes you stutter step which can let people get away.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the Mace And Shield Reading Glasses with Hit Lower Defense 30% and i have a ring from shame with SSI 5. Do i need still hld on the bow?
It wouldn't hurt or you could add in hit lower attack. Of course pvp grade bows now are running 40 SSI which you get by enhancing with ash after it is imbued. Lynk gave some good adive there as well that you do need 45 HCI.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plenty of ways to get HLD on suit. Daiymos helm, Ranger Cloak, Turquoise ring, new dungeon shields/jewelry.
I'm thinking you mean SSI not HLD right? HLD can only come on M&S and weapons as far as I know. I wish I could get it somewhere else...

F

Fränk

Sorry, the question was, which properties on the bow had to go, if i have 5 SSI, 30 HLD, 35 DI, 45 HCI and 45 DCI on my suit.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based off what you have on your suit I would either imbue a bow that has:
balanced
max ssi and then enhance with ash
velocity
max di
and then you might be able to imbue a small % of something for the 5th mod.

If you were able to add more di to the suit you could lower di on the bow and maybe go for double hit spell.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Based off what you have on your suit I would either imbue a bow that has:
balanced
max ssi and then enhance with ash
velocity
max di
and then you might be able to imbue a small % of something for the 5th mod.

If you were able to add more di to the suit you could lower di on the bow and maybe go for double hit spell.
Its really going to depend on your template and the type of bow without that information its hard to give you a blanket list. If its a repeater and you have high dex having a lot of SSI is a waste but if its going to be an AI bow then adding to much DI is a waste. It depends on how your going to use the bow.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will need a collection of bows. You may use different bows depending on if you are fighting as a team. It's been a few years since I was in a pvp guild so take all my information with a grain of salt. My suit has 30 SSI and my bows all have 25 SSI so I cannot point out a specific one from my collection with the right property combinations to reference to your suit. If you could get 15 SSI or more on your suit that would be best. My suit has 100 DI also so I don't use any DI on my bows. You should work toward more properties on your suit to get other important properties on the weapon.

The first bow you will want is a dismount heavy, which with only 5 SSI on your suit that will be slow. You'll have to have 40 on the weapon in this case and still will be slow. I have 25 HCI on my heavy when fighting melee and dispel against necros or lightning for the start of the fight. I also use HLD and if possible HLA. I only use this bow for two or three shots and I spam dismount or moving shot. You can use lightning, fireball, or velocity and any of those does up to 10 extra damage, but lightning or fireball don't depend on distance so it may be a little more predictable. On this bow I presume I won't need a potion so I don't make it balanced, but you'll have to find out your need.

For others that don't have HLD on the suit I would use HLD below instead of HLA.

You could try for your first heavy (for dismount):
DI 30
SSI 30 (enhance with ash after imbue to 40)
HLA 50
HCI 25 (melee fighters could HLA you so this keeps your HCI at max 45)

Your next bow could be crossbow to mortal strike them:
DI 40
HLA 34
HL 46
Velocity 40

Then switch to armor ignore or moving shot with a composite:
DI 40
HLA 34
HL 46
Velocity 40

If you want balanced instead of Velocity then the composite could be something like this:
DI 35
HLA 34
HL 34
balanced

Repeaters never did any damage and I never found them useful. Bows are useful for the mortal strike and paralyzing, but I think the HL will be the second hit that releases them from a paralysis so use Velocity. You could try a bow first with paralysis special and then the heavy to dismount them and then back to the bow to mortal strike. You'll have to learn what works best for you and if your getting ganked then use the one with balanced.

Have fun!

-Lorax

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont forget the whetstone, if you dont need di on your wep you can take it off an exceptional wep and have 5 usefull mods like

Balanced
Velocity
lightning
hld [or other]
ssi

Thunderz

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't overlook the Yumi if you have bushido since it has two nice special moves.

You could do something like:

SSI 30 (enhance to 40%)
DI 40
balanced
HLA 34
Velocity 34

or

SSI 30 (enhance to 40%)
DI 40
HLA 34
Velocity 42
Lightning 44

Also, use Grapes of Wrath since your DI won't be 100% with your weapons (20s). The two minute cool down is pretty long but for pvp that is the time to get re-equipped. Divine Fury gives another 12 DI, 5 SSI, 10 HCI and if you have enough DCI (65) then you don't have to worry about the -20 DCI. Those two could get you to 100% DI and somewhere around 50 SSI with the 5+40+5.

Another thing about crafting these weapons for the balanced property use an oak runic saw for the balanced exceptional weapon and then POF, lower the DI, and imbue relic required properties and then the others. Making a bunch of weapons with balanced could require lots of resources otherwise.

You would mortal strike then switch to the Yumi for finishing.

-Lorax

U

UWstudent

How there looks a bow which one can produce by imbuing on a except bow?

I will usw a balanced bow for pvp and i have 5 SSI, 30 HLD, 35 DI, 45 HCI and 45 DCI on my suit. What for properties still had to go on it?
me head hurts after reading this

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery Leeches in PVP: I decided to review my understanding of leeches and did some testing between two accts. I remembered you could leech up to about 6 mana from HML in archery pvp per hit.

Result is that HSL is a good feature on the pvp bow and Wraith form is better than HML. Keep in mind I took a small number of shots to make these conclusions and I didn't test wraith form plus HML. If you are going to use HML you will want to have as much SSI on your suit instead of the weapon and as high of HML as possible since it is a random number between zero and the max leech amount.

10 shots in Wraith form
avg dmg 41
avg leech 7
All 10 shots leeched mana 0% leeched nothing

12 shots not in wraith form with a HML 40 yumi
avg dmg 40
avg leech 1.75
33% of shots leeched nothing.
maximum leech was 5 on dmg of 44

Stamina leech HSL=34
6 shots were used
avg dmg 41
avg leech 27
2 misses out of 6 shots=33% leeched nothing
Each successful hit leeched an equal amount of physical damage. So if my hit was 40 dmg the leech was 40 stamina.

-Lorax