• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) PVP at Brit Graveyard?

G

Gunga_Din

I wanted some feedback on this before I started setting something up. I basically grew up around the Brit GY in felucca. Working at the brit forge and mining at the N. Brit Mines. I also loved server wars at the Britain GY.

I was thinking of opening up a tavern about the GY and have it host PK"s and Blues. Both welcome with the rule not to attack each other inside my tavern or close to it. (Sort of like the old Falconer's Inn if any of you remember).

This way we could maybe have more action around the GY again instead of always PVPing at the Yew Moongate. I could also setup vendors for pots , aids or whatever PVP needs.

I spoke with Aryslan and I wanted to get some feedback from other GM's [BIC] etc or players in general. If I build it, will you come !!

Let me know and i'll start planning. I just think it would be fun to have PVP around the GY again for a change of scenery and increased Felucca action.

Thanks, Gunga

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like PvP @ graveyard because of server lines.

That is why Yew Pvp is better because no server lines.

The best PvP I ever experienced was the Order/Chaos fights in moonglow. I'd like to see those back.

G

Gunga_Din

I could do moonglow too. Thats not a bad idea. Moonglow?

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like PvP @ graveyard because of server lines.

That is why Yew Pvp is better because no server lines.

The best PvP I ever experienced was the Order/Chaos fights in moonglow. I'd like to see those back.
yeah ive made several posts to get order/chaos back... maybe one day!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
order/chaos was great, but catered dexxers in guard zone. was still a lot of fun though.

G

Gunga_Din

Well, what we could do is take moonglow for instance and place houses at 2 different locations and mb setup some sort of division ourselves. Maybe repopulate the island a bit while we are at it.

Basically, you enter moonglow in felucca, your in a war zone. The terrain is great too. I don't mind setting up shop around there, I just want to see if people are interested.

L

longshanks

For that to work you would probably need mesanna to install a guardzone so the Gank squad guys feel comfortable. :lol::lol::lol:

C

Chronic Apathy

For that to work you would probably need mesanna to install a guardzone so the Gank squad guys feel comfortable. :lol::lol::lol:
Well under the same theme ACT will need a some fortified houses to pot shot from.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just had a fight at brit graveyard, funny you say that. Overall it wont work, the guard zone is too close and then it will be the same at yew. I was healing reds in zone but we were faction so i dont think they knew we were red. The fights also cross to many server lines around brit. The glow thing sounds cool to me, but assuming it wont be situated around the gate. somewhere without a moongate, or a non guarded moongate would be cool.
So hmm a non guard zone, non server line spot that people will actually fight at.... hmm...

Make a pvp house to fight in, put vendors in, ankh for res and have some griefer rules. (ex. Death robe= no attacking). Ban whoever breaks rules.
I have been in a few great pvp houses before, there were holes in the floor, lots of twisting hallways, hallways with two or three exits, hidden walls, random walls and obstacles. It made pvp very very fun, granted it is usually catered more towards a warrior i think mages can accel as well. Obviously this was all on foot, being mounted looses a lot of its charm. However a few things that need to be said is that looting should be allowed, to see who can go on the longest and to limit people bringing 100+ of each potion. Guilds/faction ties need to be dropped when in, meaning its a free for all everyone VS everyone.(you can team up with people but to have a constant com vs tb would be lame and the same sh1t as yew.) Also people watching should be limited, you don't want a house full of people not fighting, as well as increased lag. There are problems doing this but it would be pretty cool to have a house to just go to and have some fun and differnt pvp against whoever happens to want to fight, while maintaining a fairly even playing field.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well under the same theme ACT will need a some fortified houses to pot shot from.

all noobs start in a house or with a tamer from the gate. i'm glad to see new people trying fel out, however i do agree they have to try outside the house sometimes.

H

Helter Skelter

Make a pvp house to fight in, put vendors in, ankh for res and have some griefer rules. (ex. Death robe= no attacking). Ban whoever breaks rules.
I have been in a few great pvp houses before, there were holes in the floor, lots of twisting hallways, hallways with two or three exits, hidden walls, random walls and obstacles. It made pvp very very fun, granted it is usually catered more towards a warrior i think mages can accel as well. Obviously this was all on foot, being mounted looses a lot of its charm. However a few things that need to be said is that looting should be allowed, to see who can go on the longest and to limit people bringing 100+ of each potion. Guilds/faction ties need to be dropped when in, meaning its a free for all everyone VS everyone.(you can team up with people but to have a constant com vs tb would be lame and the same sh1t as yew.) Also people watching should be limited, you don't want a house full of people not fighting, as well as increased lag. There are problems doing this but it would be pretty cool to have a house to just go to and have some fun and differnt pvp against whoever happens to want to fight, while maintaining a fairly even playing field.
What an interesting idea. Does such a place exist on Chessy now? I'd be willing to give that a try.

Ransom, wouldn't this be cool to have in the compound?

-Sirk!

N

Nastia Cross

Demon Slayer has a house in Moria that is devoted to pvp. He hosts fight nights like once or twice a month I believe. It isn't set up the way that's described above, more like a duelling pit with a viewing area above. I don't believe looting is allowed though. It is a great place for pvpers and non-pvpers to get some pretty fair duels going.

As for the pvp at Brit graveyard, it happens some times when we're chasing people out of various dungeons or when events happen in the area. Personally, I'm all for fighting away from Yew.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah demon slayers house is more of a dueling pit. What i mean is a fight house. The house is designed in weird ways, 3 story customizable, and you can do what ever you want but the idea is to put hard to manuever obstacles to allow better usage of terrain and such. The holes in the floor for example allow you to drop down from 2nd level to 1st level, to help escape, however they are often stepped on mistakingly, and people miss the kill shots. It's hard for me to say what to do because the idea is to make it however you want. It's a blast to do but gets intense fighting sometimes and then you need a break. Depends on how crazy you make the house i guess.