• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvp archer advise needed

V

velg

Making an archer with the main goal of pvp..original template was gonna be 120 arch/bush/chiv/tact/resist/60 magery for gate scrolls and rest in focus or med...but have been wondering if my char would be more viable with no resist and then gm anat/heal and keep chiv in 90 range..any advice is welcome..thanks

M

mkultra

Keep resist or you'll get mana vamped. Med instead of focus. Don't throw more into magery or chiv than what you need.

G

Goron

Don't throw more into magery [...] than what you need.
Which, in my opinion, is zero magery...
If all you want 60 magery for is to gate- thats a big waste.
If you plan on incorporating lower level spells into you combat, well, maybe you could justify it... maybe...

My version of your template would be:
120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 healing
120 resist
120 bushido

chiv is nice and all for pvm... but when compared to the benefits of anat/heal and/or bushido... I don't think chiv is worth it.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making an archer with the main goal of pvp..original template was gonna be 120 arch/bush/chiv/tact/resist/60 magery for gate scrolls and rest in focus or med...but have been wondering if my char would be more viable with no resist and then gm anat/heal and keep chiv in 90 range..any advice is welcome..thanks
Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reason to go more than around 75 chiv. You're not going to be doing Holy Lighting as an Archer. I would drop the 120 chiv to 75 and take those 55 points and bump magery to 105, no scrolls needed.

75 will get you remove curse, won't cure DP that well, but you can use magery for that or Bush/chiv heal through it.

Or, put those points into Med. You're running a mana heal only template. You're going to want to have some points in med to regen in case you burn yourself down using specials/bush stuff.

*shrugs* Just my .02

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally would run this.

120 Archery
120 Meditation
120 Resist
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
60 Chiv fore concencrate weapon. Most of the people on this server wear ****ty armor so just find a nice moving shot bow and you are all set.

You could also lower tactics anat and heal in some way to get you chiv to 75 so you can divine fury for the extra Swing Speed, Damage Increase and Hit Chance.

M

Mogluk

how about a spellweave template anyone ever use one of those

A

ayahuasca

pardon me my dumb, but I thought most bushido/archer had been nerfed. Not so?

Sir Daniel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally would run this.

120 Archery
120 Meditation
120 Resist
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Tactics
60 Chiv fore concencrate weapon. Most of the people on this server wear ****ty armor so just find a nice moving shot bow and you are all set.

You could also lower tactics anat and heal in some way to get you chiv to 75 so you can divine fury for the extra Swing Speed, Damage Increase and Hit Chance.
yup thats a nice 1 its what i run

V

velg

Thank you all for the advice..a question do you think the char could be ok without med if it ended up like this 120 arch/bush/resist..105 tact 90 heal/anat..75 chiv..with mage armor or med suit could this be playable I am an elf and have 50 int = 70 mana without a stat scroll