• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP and Taming?

B

bosskram

This is not ment to be a bashing! I heard that in pub 57 that they are going to re-do the PvP and Taming thing, that tamed animals will no longer follow the attack comand when the target is anouther player. Has anyone else heard this?:spider:

S

Salty Pete

This is not ment to be a bashing! I heard that in pub 57 that they are going to re-do the PvP and Taming thing, that tamed animals will no longer follow the attack comand when the target is anouther player. Has anyone else heard this?:spider:
If that is true, I hope that they have a thick skin for when all of the "BrInG bAcK dIsMoUnT tAmEr" posts start flooding in to UHall.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen anything in the offical notes. I believe I did see a post where someone was hoping that this would be included since they did mention that conc blow was getting looked into. What also makes me think that it isn't included is that there isn't anything mentioned in the tamers forum. I can just see the posts there if they completely remove tamers from PVP.

B

bosskram

Ya I'm not sure that I would agree with compleatly removeing that whole aspect of the game. (even though the dismount,all kill and then run to a close by house and log out and in to get animal back thing is realy a nuesance.) Its just something that I had heard from the grape vine and was wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing>

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only hope. All the tamers have made me quit pvp'ing. Yes I could adapt and make a tamer myself but I find zero fun in dismount all kill.

Even if they still allow pets in "pvp" they need to do add some serious caps on damage that pets cause to players and lower their swing/casting speed.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant put a pet on someone in the same faction as you do. (I think)
Pets will respond to the command but wont act. Half pet damage to players is a good start. All those 600 to 1000 hp with 50+ fire breathe and 50+ melee hits were designed to take on something with 1000+ hp anyways.

Edit: There's no mention in pub 57 saying to do something about tamers in PvP.

S

SeaCaptain

That is a big yes on removing most pets from pvp. But until learn and adapte

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as long as we are playing fantisy football here, id like to see archers removed from pvp.

being able to shoot me from accross the screen and then chase me at full speed while shooting me accuratlly is unfair.

and the ultimate evil..... necro mages.

those bastards HAVE to go from pvp.

dont even get me started on hybred's

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say lets limit PVP to crafters using wooden spoons, but someone would complain that the other side is using stealth crafters and their spoons were crafted using a runic kits.

Y

Yamihefty

I just dont understand all the crying about the tamors in pvp, if u dont like it then make one its actually not that hard. Yea i have to admit i was mad at first but i got over it made me one and now we are even. Everytime people make a powerful template everyone crys and they nerf it then later on someone gets mad that they nerfed a skill 3 years back, well its everyones fault, start making templates better then the other. And Stop crying cause one day they will nerf something that u like and your gonna be mad like the tamors if they nerf them which i doupt it.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever happened to the days of mages synching targets?

R

RichDC

I play a mainly PvM guild on great lakes (the biggest and best DC*) and i will say this...

How can you remove the pets from pvp???what happens when guilds like ours take our dragons to fight a spawn and we get raided???we do have a few pvpers but why should we have to lose half our players because people complain about overpowered temps???our tamers rarely even carry bolas they arent pvp set ups there pvm we will dismount some simply because some people seem to run too fast for us to catch.

I have no problem as such with capping the damage however, how difficult is it to hear the upcoming Breath and make sure ure support chars have a heal ready for you??? besides dump the tamer and pets are useless.

Anyway thats my opinion (just for your info yes i have a tamer no i dont play him to pvp but yes i have been at champs on a tamer and had to defend)

B

Balinger

You know, there are people out there that will take a tamer on 1v1 on a non-taming template. Is it overpowered? Hell yes it is, but it can and probably will be fixed. In the meantime, just get creative. Lock pets up on houses, thier pathfinding is god awful, actually I don't think they actually have ANY pathfinding. Have someone in your guild make a discord dexer. Key your mages on the tamer and then the dragon is useless. Think! You CAN get thru this, I believe in you.

B

Bluebottle

I haven't seen anything in the offical notes. I believe I did see a post where someone was hoping that this would be included since they did mention that conc blow was getting looked into. What also makes me think that it isn't included is that there isn't anything mentioned in the tamers forum. I can just see the posts there if they completely remove tamers from PVP.

I guess for it to be "fair" then tamers or their pets can't be attacked either? Since the pets are really worthwhile at the champ spawns and that's where a lot of the PvP occurs... maybe it could just be an area thing. Pets in champ spawns work as normal, elsewhere they can't be used to PvP but in that case, a tamer is essentially a sitting duck? Not sure I'd want to work on the code needed to implement something like that though! I can't see how that's supposed to work?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dont understand all the crying about the tamors in pvp, if u dont like it then make one its actually not that hard. Yea i have to admit i was mad at first but i got over it made me one and now we are even. Everytime people make a powerful template everyone crys and they nerf it then later on someone gets mad that they nerfed a skill 3 years back, well its everyones fault, start making templates better then the other. And Stop crying cause one day they will nerf something that u like and your gonna be mad like the tamors if they nerf them which i doupt it.
Dishing out over 200hp combined in 2.5 seconds overshadows just about every known balance issue in the past. When dealing with tamers you are not just fighting one target but 2-3 that more than likely have 5 to 10 times the hit points you do and dishing out more damage. With the exception of concussion and crushing blow the cap for dexers is 35 hp. In that time frame I could do 70 hp within 2-2.5 seconds, but then again how do you suppose to get on the offensive with that much coming at you just from one person, not counting guildies? There is no counter just the availability of peacing to neutralize till the next all kill command is initiated.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no counter just the availability of peacing to neutralize till the next all kill command is initiated.
What's the casting time for "all kill"? I mean no way it can be zero since it's so powerful... oh wait..... there must be cooldown right? I mean even peacing has 5/10 second cooldown...... oh wait...

This really reminds me of when some people saying WoD AI instant kill archer is OK, it's balanced because you need to get 4 more people to get level 5 focus. Tamer archer gimplets are just like them. Ohhh it takes a long time (most likely unattended) to train GD/Dread and (possibly scripting) my godly taming skill, so me able to instant kill anyone of my choice is perfectly OK.

Typical pvp impared kids.

S

Skullcollector

Dishing out over 200hp combined in 2.5 seconds overshadows just about every known balance issue in the past. When dealing with tamers you are not just fighting one target but 2-3 that more than likely have 5 to 10 times the hit points you do and dishing out more damage. With the exception of concussion and crushing blow the cap for dexers is 35 hp. In that time frame I could do 70 hp within 2-2.5 seconds, but then again how do you suppose to get on the offensive with that much coming at you just from one person, not counting guildies? There is no counter just the availability of peacing to neutralize till the next all kill command is initiated.
Read what he just said in this post and think about it. Pets are WAY overpowered for using against another player. I do not agree with a nerf of the pets though, that affects the players who use pets for fighting monsters that are evenly as powered or much higher than the pets themselves. If a player wants to fight another player, “PVP” then he should have to fight the other player with spells or a weapon, not all kill. This is just an opinion.

Merry Christmas Everyone :)

(Vote yes on prop 86- remove pets from pvp!)

A

Atomic Kitten

If it's not pets, there will always be something to complain about in pvp.
Fact is; pvp hasn't been what it used to be for a long time. It's gone down hill.
I go to the gate and yes I die over and over but that's the way it goes- sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't but in the end it doesnt matter how you die... just that you lost insurance, should go back and either endure the double whopper with cheese talking waiting for you- or try and try again.

It would be nice if there were no pets ganking me but either way- I'll always get my butt handed to me in pvp. :)