• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvm spawner mage idea

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi. i would like to create a pvm mage that works for both spawns and regular pvm. i came up with this idea:
120 mysticism
120 focus
115 magery
120 eval
100 ss
96 spellweaving
20 necro

elf.

i would wear staff of the magi for defence and orny, so im at 3/6 casting with free ring slot. Probably Kasa, fey leggings, pendant, sdi elf gloves.
For spawning i could get into wraith form, cast thunderstorm.

What do you think? thanks.

BlackSheep

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use a necro mystic mage weaver that I love. With items he ends up with 120 magery, eval, mystic, focus, spellweaving, spirit speak and 105 necro. With lots of mana regeneration on suit no med is not really an issue. You have shadow wisp, lich form, wraith form, can use Balakai staff (10 med -0 mage weapon, one handed) and scrappers with 10 med for extra 1 mana regeneration and more spell damage increase. I run 40 lmc and 95 spell damage increase with the 5% town bonus.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
hi. i would like to create a pvm mage that works for both spawns and regular pvm. i came up with this idea:
120 mysticism
120 focus
115 magery
120 eval
100 ss
96 spellweaving
20 necro

elf.

i would wear staff of the magi for defence and orny, so im at 3/6 casting with free ring slot. Probably Kasa, fey leggings, pendant, sdi elf gloves.

I think it's spread too thin and you'd do better at spawns with a Necro/Mage. Anything less than 117.5 Spellweaving and you will fizzle Word Of Death occasionally.

Mysticism is largely defensive in PvM. You can only be in one form at a time, if you're using Wraith you aren't in Stone, Wraith is going to be preferred 95% of the time, most levels of spawns are pretty weak, 2x Energy Vortex's are going to be clearing things faster than 1x Rising Colossus. Mass Sleep is great, but again, it's defensive and not clearing spawn.

Necro has better damage output than Mysticism and compliments Magery best. Magery has mainly high fire and energy damage spells, Necro has mainly cold and poison damage spells, plus buffs/debuffs that allow you to lower fire and poison resist further then boost damage 50% with Corpse Skin and Evil Omen. Corpse Skin puts physical and cold resist up, Mysticism's strongest spell is cold damage.

Spellweaving is a complete stand alone that can compliment any template, however, the key/best uses for it are the two masteries, and Word Of Death. Word Of Death + Wraith Form, great, go for it, although most monsters in the game are going to have no mana left for you to leech by the time you can WOD. You can only have one active mastery at a time, and Spellweaving's two; Summon Reaper and Mana Shield are awesome, the Reaper is an extra thing casting WOD for you (although with no inherited SDI, it still does 300ish) and Mana Shield is fantastic defensively... But, compared to Necro masteries, you're going to want to use Necro Masteries... Command Undead lets you 'Tame' two Skeletal Dragons from the place in Ilshenar, they do huge damage and self heal from that damage, their only drawback (that their area effect Necro spells caused them to fight each other/you/other people) was removed in the last patch. Conduit allows you to use a mass effect on any direct Necro spell, meaning you can cluster a huge group of monsters together, Corpse Skin them all in one spell, then Poison Strike them all, all of the splash damage from Poison Strike will basically mean instant death for everything in the area...

...that said, if you CAN build with Spellweaving on there too (very possible, I run a Necro/Scribe/Mage) for the purpose of WOD then I would, just not at the expense of success chance or being a full Necro.

Gear wise, you're like 8 years out of date, you can do better, check out UOguide for items with Spell Damage Increase and build a proper suit around them.

Finally, make sure you set an EquipLastWeapon macro in CC (or whatever equivalent in 'E'C) this will allow you to switch instantly between Slayer Spellbooks and your Mage Weapon. That's Slayer (300% Spell Damage), or Mage Weapon (Oh noes I'm getting hit hard by something I can't out maneuver and need melee defense.) Learn the best combos. Pretty much everything can be combod on a Necro Mage.

...oh and if you don't like my suggestions, and are still going to go with you original idea, at least get a 1 handed Mage Weapon so you can use Mysticism's Healing Stone.

Last edited:

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me please continue on this.
What im searching for is template i can do both Champ Spawns and High level monsters,like ML bosses, Peerless (i dont know who they are and i have never did Champion Spawns. Im new to this.)

Maybe i can remake my tamer into some sort of character that would deal with this? i have gm taming and lore for now. a pet could be better defence for me. Idk really, i am reading now about tamer necro mages, maybe he would do the job? thanks.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Conduit allows you to use a mass effect on any direct Necro spell, meaning you can cluster a huge group of monsters together, Corpse Skin them all in one spell, then Poison Strike them all, all of the splash damage from Poison Strike will basically mean instant death for everything in the area...
Have you tried this (Conduit plus PS)? I can get Corpse Skin to have an Aoe effect, but PS seems to do exactly the same damage with Conduit or without. Tried it multiple times with Necro mastery 3.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Have you tried this (Conduit plus PS)? I can get Corpse Skin to have an Aoe effect, but PS seems to do exactly the same damage with Conduit or without. Tried it multiple times with Necro mastery 3.
Yes. However, I've seen it work (at Dragon Turtle Spawn on those... Myrmdex/ant things), but also seen it not work (At an Arachnid spawn in Ilsh) not sure why.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. However, I've seen it work (at Dragon Turtle Spawn on those... Myrmdex/ant things), but also seen it not work (At an Arachnid spawn in Ilsh) not sure why.
Turtle spawn is where I tried it and failed.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
84 Physical (i think protection is mandatory to stressfull white out) / 75 Fire and Energie (wraith form and evl)

120 Spellweaving
120 Myst
100 Spirit Speak
100 Magery (+20 Chrystalline Ring / 15 Braclet 4mage weapon malus)
100 Eval Int
90 Fokus (110 white Ring)
90 Necro (+10 Braclet 4 perfect wither casting)

Need more casting options ?? Most time i m in the defensive stone form but if the low level crap have mana i switch to wraith form and wither and gain mana back.
I never used reaper form i found 95 fire complete overkill/ out of debate for the use !

If Conduit worked white wither as 50% sdi boost in relation i must thinking about changed my sw 3 masterie .......

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
120 mysticism
120 focus
115 magery
120 eval
100 ss
96 spellweaving
20 necro

elf.

Drop the SS and Necro for Meditation. Generating more mana will have more immediate benefits for your character, and will help in all situations of game play.