• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pvm double axe without DI and SSI

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please prompt me - i have sampire suit with Cameo- slayer,ssi and DI on suit. What choose the fifth property on double axe for bosses: hit fatique,hit mana drain or hit area ? HLL \ HML \ HSL \ HLA and ....... Thanks.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on the boss. Hit Fatigue will probably be the most universal since hit mana drain only effects certain bosses.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on the boss. Hit Fatigue will probably be the most universal since hit mana drain only effects certain bosses.
40 hit fatique It will be useful ? Or need better 50 ? 50 hit fatique and 100 elem damage make difficult (

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I recently changed my sampire template and suit to do the same thing - utilize the Cameos and get all of SSI / DI on my suit.

Here is what I did -

First, I created a bunch of 100% elemental double axes, and a few physical damage weapons with over capped leaches.

For the Cold weapon, I have on Hit Harm, Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Cold Area, Hit Lower Defense.
For the Fire weapon, I have on Hit Fireball, Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Fire Area, Hit Lower Defense.
For the Energy weapon, I have on Hit Lightning, Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Energy Area, Hit Lower Defense.

So those three are pretty simple: Spell, HLL, HML, AoE, HLD. The rest of them I mix up a little bit.

For the Poison weapon, I have on Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Poison Area, Hit Lower Defense, Hit Lower Attack.
For the Chaos weapon, I have on Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Stamina Leach, Hit Lower Defense, Hit Lower Attack.
For the Physical weapon (1), I have on Hit Life Leach (overcapped to 100%), Hit Mana Leach, Hit Stamina Leach, Hit Physical Area, Hit Lower Defense.
For the Physical weapon (2), I have on Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach (overcapped to 100%), Hit Physical Area, Hit Lower Defense, Hit Lower Attack.

Those weapons, in combination with Cameo, make for a pretty mean Sampire. I have a plate suit and good SSI, so I don't lose much Stamina, and if I do, I'm usually still hitting at max speed. If I'm not, I switch to one of the weapons that has HSL. I can generally use those for spawn and bosses, although in some cases you may want to get a Bladed Staff for AI, depending on what you're fighting. The only thing that's a pain is carrying all of the different weapons, but it is easy to macro them to change them up on the spot if you're in EC.

What I have left to do:
Make a Fey Slayer double axe
Make a better weapon for dealing with Rikky (something with feint)
Make some elemental bladed staffs for various situations.

Good luck!

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much @Merlin !!! Tell please this weapons you beat spawn mobs and bosses ? With hit area bosses ? If i have HLD on suit can i replace the HLD on HLA, for example "For the Cold weapon, I have on Hit Harm, Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Cold Area,Hit lower atack" ?
How much you have SSI on suit ? You easily do without HSL ?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you very much @Merlin !!! Tell please this weapons you beat spawn mobs and bosses ? With hit area bosses ? If i have HLD on suit can i replace the HLD on HLA, for example "For the Cold weapon, I have on Hit Harm, Hit Life Leach, Hit Mana Leach, Hit Cold Area,Hit lower atack" ?
How much you have SSI on suit ? You easily do without HSL ?

I have 181 stam on my suit, 35% SSI. I will get another 5% SSI from the town bonus for a total of 40%. Since I have plate suit, I rarely lose much stamina, if any. I only use HSL if I really get low and need it.

If you don't want a hit area effect, I think using HLD or HLA is fine. I don't use Fatigue much... if you're a good enough sampire, it shouldn't matter how fast your enemies are hitting because they won't be alive long!

As a generalization, Cold is good for reptile and demon. Fire is good for arachnid and undead. Energy is good for repond. If I do the abyssal inferno spawn, I will use poison.

It also depends on bosses too. For Lady M, I would use a fire weapon and fey slayer (once I have it). For medusa, I will use repond cameo and the fire axe. It's always going to depend on what you're fighting. You can always check UO guide for a bosses weakest elemental resistance.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Hit Area doesn't add damage to a target you hit. So in a pure 1to1 situation (like against DreadHorn) it completely useless.
Sometimes Hit Area is unwanted (when it can trigger some unwanted ability).
Hit Area is good for levels 1-2 of spawns.
Hit Area is good against monsters that summon copies (like Travesty).

Hit Mana Drain is useful against most monsters that cast 'bad spells'. Even against DreadHorn I'd prefer HMD to HLA/HLD/HFat.

Hit Low Defense on a weapon usually doesn't do any noticeable difference when you already have HLD on your helm. But against monsters that block a lot (like some melee captains in Blackthorne) the difference is great.

I suggest HML/HFat/HLA/HLD against tough melee monsters (add hit lightning for blackthorne captains) and HML/HMD/HLA against most other monsters (no HFat just because it difficult to get both HFat and HMD on a 100% elemental weapon) and HML/HArea/SuperSlayer for 1-2 levels of spawns (even if you have Cameos sometimes you want two different slayers).
(add HLL if you haven't Necro... add Slayers if you hadn't Cameos... add HSL if you haven't 120 Chivalry)

Last edited:

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 181 stam on my suit, 35% SSI. I will get another 5% SSI from the town bonus for a total of 40%. Since I have plate suit, I rarely lose much stamina, if any. I only use HSL if I really get low and need it.

If you don't want a hit area effect, I think using HLD or HLA is fine. I don't use Fatigue much... if you're a good enough sampire, it shouldn't matter how fast your enemies are hitting because they won't be alive long!

As a generalization, Cold is good for reptile and demon. Fire is good for arachnid and undead. Energy is good for repond. If I do the abyssal inferno spawn, I will use poison.

It also depends on bosses too. For Lady M, I would use a fire weapon and fey slayer (once I have it). For medusa, I will use repond cameo and the fire axe. It's always going to depend on what you're fighting. You can always check UO guide for a bosses weakest elemental resistance.
How do you get 30 SSI on a suit? 10 ring, 10 brace, 10 tinker legs? It's a pancake finding 10 ring/brace with other useful mods. Also is your full suit plate? How effective is the stamina protection if your hat is cloth or M&S?

Thanks

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@CorwinXX if i already have HLD on suit,can I stay at the option HML/HFat/HLA/HSL/Hit mana drain (use necro and not have 120 chiv) for difficult and big bosses ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This is a bit of overkill. For a double axe (3.25s) you only need 150 stam and 35 SSI for 1.25s swings. If you have 180 stam, you only need 20 ssi for 1.25s. So, for sure 40% is not needed, ever (even for 3.5s, 40 is not needed).

Do you know, with full plate, at what size of hit you finally lose stamina? I'm guessing you only lose stam on hits of ~30 or greater?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hit Spell is a bad idea on anything that counter attacks. Like Medusa, Stygian, Mephistis, Slasher, Paroxysmus', Navrey, Neira, Dark Fathers, everything in Roof.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How do you get 30 SSI on a suit? 10 ring, 10 brace, 10 tinker legs? It's a ***** finding 10 ring/brace with other useful mods.
Yes - 10 on ring, 10 on brace, 10 on tinker legs, 5 on Cameo talisman, 5 from town buff. = 40% SSI.

Also is your full suit plate? How effective is the stamina protection if your hat is cloth or M&S?
Not full suit. Helm is cloth (Capt John's Hat), sleeves are ringmail, and then legs, chest, hands and gorget are plate. So it's not the highest stamina protection possible - but I tell you, I rarely lose stamina.

This is a bit of overkill. For a double axe (3.25s) you only need 150 stam and 35 SSI for 1.25s swings. If you have 180 stam, you only need 20 ssi for 1.25s. So, for sure 40% is not needed, ever (even for 3.5s, 40 is not needed).
That's a very fair point - thank you for pointing that out. I actually only got this suit about two weeks ago, so I am still working out a few kinks. In addition to having more than enough SSI, my HCI is overcapped by 15. I've been looking for something suitable to replace my jewels that I can imbue but have just been striking out so far with what I've seen on vendor search. I would probably put the extra imbue weight into a skill. And since I'm so overcapped on SSI, I may change my town buff.

Do you know, with full plate, at what size of hit you finally lose stamina? I'm guessing you only lose stam on hits of ~30 or greater?
As noted above, I'm not full plate. My bad on giving that impression earlier. I'm not losing stam unless I am hit for about 35-40 from what I can tell. However, my suit also was refined so that resists are 75/75/72/75/75, so not sure if that has to do with any of it either.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I did some testing a while back, and the stam loss didn't seem to be affected by what the resist was, only how much damage I took. Also, there's some coefficient that is related to either how close you are to max HP, or the amount of damage done as a % of hp.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
if i already have HLD on suit,can I stay at the option HML/HFat/HLA/HSL/Hit mana drain (use necro and not have 120 chiv) for difficult and big bosses ?
Yes, but there is one problem: it difficult to get both HFat and HMD on 100% elemental weapon.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As for what weapons to make and what your fifth imbue should be, it really depends on what you're fighting. If you have the gold and the time, I'd recommend making specific weapons for each encounter that you plan to farm.

Also, I'd recommend a set of slayers with the appropriate ele weakness. Even with a fullset of cameos, you may still want to use a slayer (to get full dmg bonus) so you don't need to use EOO or honor. Sometimes two different slayers help in spawn situations too, i.e. reptile and repond slayer for Rat spawn.

Lastly, if you have 40% SSI, then you can swap out your cameo with the conjurer's trinket to conserve your durability when slayer isn't necessary. If you're pockets are deep, then don't worry about swapping.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys,please tell - who has to 20 (25) dci and resists (with armor refinements) 75-75-75-75-75. I'm worried about decrease DCI before 20, 20 DCI and resists 75-75-75-75-75 better than 45 DCI and standart resists ? -25 DCI reduces the chance of parry.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
resists 75-75-75-75-75 better than 45 DCI and standart resists
Yes.

-25 DCI reduces the chance of parry.
No. It just increases chance monsters hit you. But it is compensated but lower damage per hit they do to you.

p.s. As to parrying it is useful when you get a lot of hit per second. Examples are you are surrounded by large group of monsters or you are got some DOT damage (like Slasher's Stone Rain). Also it's good in combination with Evasion or Confidence. In other situation you are almost as well without parrying.