• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVM Archer to PVM / PVP tips needed

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Looking for tips for those who use their archers in pvm but switch to pvp when raided, and tips on how you fend off the lone pker. Specifically,

1. What does your template look like?
2. What suit attributes are a must?
3. What is your go-to bow type and weapon specials?
4. Any volumes you prefer? I'm using Chivalry atm for the mana increase.

I'm not looking to pvp full time, but to improve my chances at fending off the lone pker that tends to raid my solo champing on a regular basis (necro mage, and a mele death striker).

Thanks a lot!

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A template I liked and used for pvm and pvp looked like this:

120 Archery
120 Fencing/Swordsmanship
120 Resisting Spells
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

I used Fencing/Swordsmanship weapon to whirlwind at least the first 2 spawn levels. You would need spellchanneling on a melee weapon for baracoon spawn tho cause otherwise the slimes use up the durability on the weapon.

You should have at least 180+ Stamina, better 210+, 40 lmc, 100 DI (with weapon), 45 SSI (with 210+ Stamina 55SSI will take a composite to max swing), 45 HCI, as close as possbile to 45 DCI.

I used a normal bow for mortal and paralyse and a composite for moving shot and armor ignore. Also used a war fork for bleed and disarm (against mages with mage weapon or any dexxer). Bows should be balanced to be able to use potions.

As mastery I would take the fencing/swordsman ship one for the passive anti disarm buff. Since I dont like the archery active ones, I would take the melee skill. Because my template does only have 70 chivalry there is no option for the chivalry mastery anyways.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Looking for tips for those who use their archers in pvm but switch to pvp when raided, and tips on how you fend off the lone pker. Specifically,

1. What does your template look like?
2. What suit attributes are a must?
3. What is your go-to bow type and weapon specials?
4. Any volumes you prefer? I'm using Chivalry atm for the mana increase.

I'm not looking to pvp full time, but to improve my chances at fending off the lone pker that tends to raid my solo champing on a regular basis (necro mage, and a mele death striker).

Thanks a lot!
Is the goal to survive and get away or to kill them?

If you're fighting Necro/Mages on any regular basis I would probably want to have 120 Resist, a corpse skin proof suit. For the melee dexxer, you'd need to pick up Wrestling to have defence while disarmed, don't run when deathstruck. The 120 Chivalry/Bushido you mentioned in another thread are nearly completely useless in these fights. I say nearly because with Bushido you can use a Lesser Hiryu, have a macro with a Heavy Crossbow to Dismount yourself, Dismount them, and have the pet attack them, while you Moving Shot/Parra/Mortal/AI. If you're missing a lot vs the caster use Conflags/Explosions/Super Nova, if you pick up Ninjitsu you can use Darts/Stars with poison. Use Hit Fireball on weapons against casters as the damage delay causes more interruptions than Hit Lightning which is (essentially) instant. (I say essentially because as a caster it isn't.) You can also try using the virtues, embrace honour and run into spawn to get them trapped/interrupted/ganked. There's also *I think it's...* Spirituality which gives you a 200 hp shield or something. You should use any of the weapon masteries for disarm prevention. The ability to drink potions, with or without Enhance Potions is highly preferable, so is having max Str/HP (150 HP), as much HPR and damage eaters (especially fire) as you can. If you want to kill them you probably want a really high amount of mana on the suit also so you can use lots of specials, a non Med 55 LMC suit will help too.