• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pushing the buttons on the silos

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will NEVER step on the button for randoms ever again because you and your idiot friends went and defeated the supervisor before I got there.
You know, in all my toons (which is 5 of my 6) who are maxed in sell, I NEVER missed out on merits, and I always push the buttons. What I do is run to the very edge of the button, then back up while turning toward the door, then forward while turning the rest of the way through the door. Works every time for me. I used to get teased for "driving" my toon intstead of running her, but now may be a good time to have a conversation about this.

Especially the East silo, it is very possible to run right away, open that door, push the button and run back out the door before it closes. And now that you get drawn in to the batlte on the other side of the Center door, you can get in the lineup before the other toons can pick a gag.

G

Granjell

Thanks Trish - that's good to know. I can sometimes push the button in the East silo and get out again quickly, but this was the West, and I've almost never made it back out before the doors shut. Now I know why the phrase Step on the Button is included in Factory speak.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need merits yet? I could jump on the horse and we could duo one if you don't mind the soundless ;) I can show ya

F

Flippers

Regarding Granny's OP though, no if I do not trust the group I'm with, I will make sure THEY hit the buttons. They'll just have to trust that I dont go in and lose THEM the merits.

btw Granjell, if you dont know yet how to solo a factory under various toon level circumstances, I'll be glad to give pointers for a range of scenarios. Toesies has been doing it for some time - when it isnt discouraging since I dont have NR access.

G

Granjell

Actually, last time I had all my level 7's I felt confident enough to solo the factory. But I've only done it once. It felt very lonely.

Z

ZippyW

I also try to keep in mind, when I go with randoms, that not everyone is there for merits, especially smaller laffs who may just be there to get a suit part or to kill off some skelecogs. Whenever I'm with randoms, my experience has mostly been good, but the occasional jerks have made me cautious enough to not expect that everyone is there for the same purpose as me. Some may have a short time, toons waiting on them, only need a couple hundred merits or a suit part, so want to go the short run and get out of there. I think finishing off that last group without waiting for whoever stepped on the button is inexcuseable. If you were with a friend, would there be a way to hold that off from happening, like stalling choosing your gag, or is it possible for ONE toon to finish off that entire group with ONE gag? I mean if you had the feeling that one of the toons was going to do that?

T

toontownhappy

is it possible for ONE toon to finish off that entire group with ONE gag? I mean if you had the feeling that one of the toons was going to do that?
Wedding cake will do that, organic or not. Assuming it hits. I've had that happen to me before.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I was with 3 friends and one random. The random ran ahead while we waited for the friend stepping on the switch and dropped a ship before anyone could get in to engage. We ran as soon as she started going for the door but she had a plan and was quick. That was before I realized that there were such incredibly mean toons. It turns out that this particular random does this for fun alot.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Same here. I have been waiting on an invasion and another toon would say I don't care! and go into the last round. I have a habit of cheking toons thruout the battle to see what they still have. And he had his wedding cake. As he went thru the door the onter 2 toons with me knew he was gonna throw it. Sure enough before we could get the door reopened his cake was in hand and he was dancing before anyone else could line up. The whole time he was saying HA hA and I don't care.

This I chalk up to bad parenting or bad mannered adults. Nothing you can do when it happens except bite the bullet and make it drag out as long as possible.

When i get to the silo I check to see how old the invasion is. if it is fresh I rock and roll. If it is old I let the timer run out before I choose my gag. Then I ignore the switch and stand there. I will run with the toons to the 2nd silo and do the same thing. Until an invasion comes. Hopefullly stalling long enough to let a new invsion start. I also keep ising the phrase:let's catch the next one" " I need more merits" "Don't be mean" "thanks a million".

Most times this works ok. but you will have that occasional toon run with gags blazing like its the end of the world.

Most times as I get into the elevator I say no thank you and get off. once they get off I gat back on and say it again. and if they get back on I say it one more time and get back off. If they then choose to go with me I will make them go completely at my pace. I will take as long or as little time killing cogs as I so choose. I have had the toons that are in a rush just leave like it was gonna hurt my feelings. And I am happy. Cause they saved me a bunch of gags so I will have no problem completing the last cogs alone.

I also only use the side door. I never use the front unless a friend asks me too or I am helping an uber get merits.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty turned off on running factories with randoms myself. In the past, although I'm quick at hitting that last switch, usually someone with malice on their mind goes in there and wedding cakes the supervisor, leaving us meritless. However, one of the largest problems I've encountered is toons glitching to get past the warehouse, running up and killing all the cogs on the silos quickly, and defeating the supervisor before we can get up there. Before, I used to be able to glitch, but on my new system I can't. Too fast, I guess, because it doesn't lag at all when I take a picture or look at my gags. Otherwise I'd run up there to ensure I got at least some of the merits I earned before they could steal them.

With our bears, we found that even with us sounding with only trunks and aoogahs, we could run an entire factory in less than 10 minutes with just the two of us, and that's how we got our last 400 cogs for a batch of 700-1000 cog tasks. Quick, and lots of sound points to boot. (No NR access.. :()

S

soupandquackers

I think they fixed the warehouse glitch so its safe now to crush the goons.

F

Flippers

Actually, last time I had all my level 7's I felt confident enough to solo the factory. But I've only done it once. It felt very lonely.
Ahh you dont need the lvl 7s. And it can be about 15 minutes.

We must talk.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to love to solo factories. It's just a matter of proper gag usage and hitting all the barrels. Soloing saved me from randoms and missing out on invasions and such. That was before level 7's, with sevens it should be a breeze!

T

toontownhappy

Personally, I live by the 520 merit run. I've never used a level 7 once, and I never miss out on invasions :D

G

Granjell

I guess I have to find and print that nice explanation on quickie factorys that was posted a few weeks ago. Up to this point, I haven't really been all that bothered by getting merits. Now I can see the writing on the wall.... having achieved Robber Baron, I'm going to need merits in the thousands several times over. Thanks you guys for all the advice. I'm really glad they fixed that glitch where meanies could bypass the warehouse. Where do these people come from, Hades?

L

Little Sadie

I just soloed a factory on my 104 laffer. She still needs to max drop and tu. It was very easy and I used no level 7s. It was just plain boring though and I prefer to go in with friends or even randoms. Factories are boring enough without going alone.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I always need merits so you can invite me anytime. If I dont need them I will be happy to make a fast VP so I do. Or go just to help. I am a cool toon like that.

Here is some danging broccoli just because.:danceb:
:danceb: