• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Purple Umbra robe

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The past couple of days there has been someone hanging around Luna on Chessy with a purple Hooded Robe of Umbra on.
Just wondering if anyone has seen one of these before and where they come from.

Attachments

U

ultima online

that is a sigil dyed umbra robe, made the same way the sigil weps, lanterns, spellbooks, armour, etc etc. where

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is what I thought when I first seen it.
But I did not think either one of the hooded robes were dye-able in any way.
And if they were, why I have not seen them before?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not 'dyed' like when you use adye tub. It's created by abusing a 'feature' in the game. At onetime it was a bannable offense to even own a sigil colored item. I am not sure what the current stance is.

R

RavenWinterHawk

It's not 'dyed' like when you use adye tub. It's created by abusing a 'feature' in the game. At onetime it was a bannable offense to even own a sigil colored item. I am not sure what the current stance is.
SIGIL IS LEGAL for a long time.

If you dont believe me, I understand. It a paranoid nation in UO now a days.

U

ultima online

sigil dying was waaaay back when due to, i think, a bug with factions and stealing sigils then being able to make a dye tub, that could dye any item sigil purple (not to sure on the details of it and wouldnt be able to go into detail of it, if i knew it, due to roc of stratics) you could dye items that where not able to be dyed by normal means, most of them where probably deleted on sight by GM's since it was, at the time, illegal to own them, now that isnt the case and a few where most likely stashed away

U

ultima online

SIGIL IS LEGAL for a long time.

If you dont believe me, I understand. It a paranoid nation in UO now a days.
aye sigil items are legal to own and have been for a long time

F

FongofATL

Legal to OWN, but not legal to make (go figure). Also, wasnt the sigil dye bug LONG before Robes of Umbra? Like, by 2-3 years?!
Thats what I was thinking too. Maybe there is a new glitch since the hooded robes were only for the GMs back then.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they where illigal to own and bannable on sight, till shortly after AOS, it was decided that it want a game altering bug.

Shortly after the bug was fixed. Until a little while ago when they where once again creatable.

and has just been fixed within last year or the year before

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
legal to own illegal to make?

why can't these new houses be like that :x

go ea

K

Kith Kanan

Yeah because having a purple what ever is equal to abusing a system fault where guard zones where temp down to place a house in an area where its quit obvious its illegal to place one.... Imho all who placed one of these houses should be banned

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They probley got into a faction got the sig and went purple then did the trick with the imprissioned dog to make a robe that stays purple.... just a guess though.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

They probley got into a faction got the sig and went purple then did the trick with the imprissioned dog to make a robe that stays purple.... just a guess though.
I'm not sure how it actually worked, but I know it wasn't a dye tub, and imprisoned animals weren't in the game yet. Had something to do with the amount of items you had on you, and I think it took two people to do it. Anyway it was fixed and then people were allowed to wear the hued items again. No longer bannable or deleted on site. When you pick up a sigil everything in your pack turns that color.

Nice color isn't it? I've seen a lot of sigil hued items hit vendors on Pac, and they seem to be going for pretty low prices.

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for everyones feed back.
I know I still have a spell book and lantern around somewhere.
I had just never seen a hooded robe that color.

Thanks again

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL having sigil colored clothing was never illegal in UO, because the sigil color is actually aviable to choose on a normal dye tub you noobs, its in there trust me the exactly purple sigil color.

Illegal purple sigil items were from items that were never meant to be dyed.

Now a days they are all completely legal since you cant use the old bug to make them anymore they grandfathered purple items

BUT....that hooded shroud is obviously purple so there MUST be another bug for getting purple items. Or maybe it just happened randomly who knows.

T

truss

its old and its mine. it is sexy. sometimes late at night i look at my monitor and i....
well never mind there are kids that read this. i love it very much!

S

ShadowJack

I didn't knwo they were legal, that sucks, back when they were not legal, I looted 2 full chests of that stuff from an idoc

everything from spellbooks to weps

I ended up dumping it in the trash barrel

G

Glim Gerrack

Interestingly, the sigil colored items where originally created and the bug was fixed before AOS came out, though lately I have seen items that are post-AOS only. Also, my crafter had a spell book of similiar design that after I logged into the KR client with him the book lost its hue. Just some interesting information if anyone wants to test it out...