• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Purple Books are bugged

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the little purple books you buy from the NPCs are Bugged atm.

when you copy into them using the inscription skill it only copys the title and "locks" the rest of the book.
you lose the ability to turn pages or edit the book at all.

Also when you copy a sealed book the copy is automatically sealed too.
You cant edit them or update them at all anymore.

I noticed the old books i still had from before the Pub seem to work fine.

X

Xel Naga

the little purple books you buy from the NPCs are Bugged atm.

when you copy into them using the inscription skill it only copys the title and "locks" the rest of the book.
you lose the ability to turn pages or edit the book at all.

Also when you copy a sealed book the copy is automatically sealed too.
You cant edit them or update them at all anymore.

I noticed the old books i still had from before the Pub seem to work fine.
Hmm interesting, I wonder if this was done to combat the gold sellers and website advertisers that keep dropping books all over.

D

D'Amavir

Hmm interesting, I wonder if this was done to combat the gold sellers and website advertisers that keep dropping books all over.
Doubtful. Since you can copy and paste your ads into a book without having to use your scribe, it would be stupid to nerf a skill for no benefit.

D

Devil_Woman

More likely, it's a side effect (bug) of the change to allow purple books to be copied into red/brown books.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're aware of this issue. The fix is done and should be hitting a shard near you in the not too distant future.

Sak

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks!!!!!!

I copy a lot of books for our auction listings, etc etc.
Was not really looking forward to hand typing each and every one ;)

R

Radun

they should remove the ability to copy books.... the only purpose i've seen this function serve is advertisement of URLs to sites that are either scamming you out of rl money, tricking you into providing personal info to get your game account info, or have embedded keyloggers or have you download a trojan horse.

D

Doireann

they should remove the ability to copy books.... the only purpose i've seen this function serve is advertisement of URLs to sites that are either scamming you out of rl money, tricking you into providing personal info to get your game account info, or have embedded keyloggers or have you download a trojan horse.
I can't think of a single purpose it has in pvm or pvp, but I can tell you, as an rp'er, I can't imagine handtyping for libraries a copy of every single player written book. Or having to write a special book at an event to pass to everyone. Admittedly I've seen the advertisements, but if you ask around, there's probably a huge library on your shard, dedicated to rp stories.