• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[PURGE MAGIC] needs to actually check Magic resist...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This spell is insanely overpowered as it is.... It really needs to be ineffective at 120 Magic resist which IS NOT currently the case... This spell shouldn't remove the benefits of Chugged potions either imo... Purge Magic casts roughly at the speed of a HARM spell which means removing the Greater potion effect from any dexxer and running them out of Greater STR / DEX pots will be easy to do... A completely renewable / spammable spell like this shouldn't negate a consumable item so easily..

T

TheGrayGhost

This spell is insanely overpowered as it is.... It really needs to be ineffective at 120 Magic resist which IS NOT currently the case... This spell shouldn't remove the benefits of Chugged potions either imo... Purge Magic casts roughly at the speed of a HARM spell which means removing the Greater potion effect from any dexxer and running them out of Greater STR / DEX pots will be easy to do... A completely renewable / spammable spell like this shouldn't negate a consumable item so easily..
I agree, consumables like that shouldn't even be in the game........ oO

lol on topic though, is it not resistable at all? Can you share your test data with purge magic and 120 resists?

Do 20 sets, record if it was resisted or not each time. If you could do 20 at 120 resists and 20 at 100 resists. This way we can get an idea of how problamtic it could be.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm, pretty sure this was supposed to be resistable, with a check against EvalInt ...

T

TheGrayGhost

Hm, pretty sure this was supposed to be resistable, with a check against EvalInt ...
lol, well that would account for Magic resists not working against it if that were the case.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I mean that Magic Resist checks against Eval Int (like in magery spells)

S

shauno

No, I mean that Magic Resist checks against Eval Int (like in magery spells)
Last time i checked, magic resist is compered to magery and sprit speak, poisons, mana leech/vampire, para etc and the duration of all the necro curse's.
So from what ive can tell if this spell can be resisted it would be the skill of the skill to cast ( 0/120 ) to the targets resist skill.