• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pure Samurai Features?

Bushido 120
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics120
Parrying 120
Healing 120
Anatomy 120

What is the maximum a character with these features can do in the game? Can dragon kill? Can he participate in champion spawns?Pvp?
I have a character with Bushido/Swordsmanship/Tactic/Chivalry/Parrying/Necromancy abilities and I want to play a pure character. Or should I continue with this build without changing anything?
Thanks to everyone who has helped in advance

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Short answer is you can do it all with those skills. Pvm or PvP depends more on the equipment you use.

Champ spawn is better with necro vampire form. It it is all possible without it. Just not as effective

some things like corgul or events like this feudal lords thing where you can’t left leech are very suitable with that build

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used a pure Samurai/Swordsman build for a very long time back during SE/ML, and was very successful at both PvM and PvP with it. Then they started nerfing the **** out of Samurai abilities due to PvP (giving Evasion a 20 second cooldown, capping LS Critical damage at 35 in PvP, doubling LS mana cost from 5 to 10, numerous Nerve Strike nerfs, etc).

Lightning Strike is almost completely obsolete nowadays even in PvM, due to it's mana cost and the power of modern gear. 45% HCI is easy as hell to get from gear nowadays, so the +50% HCI on LS is redundant. LS costs a base 10 Mana (lowered to 5 with 50%+ LMC), and has a 20% chance to Critical Strike (ignores all Resists) at 120 Bushido skill. To get 1 LS Critical, you'd have to deliver approximately 5 LS hits, which is 50 Mana worth (25 at 50%+ LMC). Instead, you could just deliver an Armor Ignore for guaranteed Resist ignore, for 20 Mana (10 Mana with 50%+ LMC, or 9 with 55% LMC), so AI is not only more reliable, but also more mana efficient. Even with Special Move cost doubling when chained within 3 secs, AI still ends up being superior, especially considering nowadays we can hit so hard, and have such high HML, that we're able to chain together AIs non-stop and never run out of Mana.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I thought Parry wasn't needed if you have bushido? I honestly have no clue so not judging.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bushido 120
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics120
Parrying 120
Healing 120
Anatomy 120

What is the maximum a character with these features can do in the game? Can dragon kill? Can he participate in champion spawns?Pvp?
I have a character with Bushido/Swordsmanship/Tactic/Chivalry/Parrying/Necromancy abilities and I want to play a pure character. Or should I continue with this build without changing anything?
Thanks to everyone who has helped in advance
I run this type of build for all events because you can't life leech paragons. I drop healing skill to 90 and put 30 points in to Chiv. Then I use imbued ring/bracelet with +15 chiv on each. 60 chiv which lets you use sacred journey and a few other quality of life spells. If you get the gloves from the recent event you will have 75 chivalry. For champ spawns I drop anatomy/healing and run necro/resist.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought Parry wasn't needed if you have bushido? I honestly have no clue so not judging.
You don't use a shield with bushido and parry to block at a higher %.

Formula here:

Notice both Parry and Bushido increase Block %.

Pets also have Parry, Tamers quickly noticed a pet with active Bushido is very tanky. Does not do a lot of damage but can fight longer with less damage taken. A Lesser Hiryu with Bushido would be a great tank for a melee tamer.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't use a shield with bushido and parry to block at a higher %.

Formula here:

Notice both Parry and Bushido increase Block %.

Pets also have Parry, Tamers quickly noticed a pet with active Bushido is very tanky. Does not do a lot of damage but can fight longer with less damage taken. A Lesser Hiryu with Bushido would be a great tank for a melee tamer.
All pets Parry with the equivalent of a 1H Wep. A pet with 120 Parry/0 Bushido has a 20% Parry Chance, while a pet with 120 Parry/120 Bushido has a 35% Parry chance, which is nearly double the chance of the pet without Bushido. Even if it's passive Bushido skill (such as from Feint or Nerve Strike), it still counts. A Triton (or even a Cu) with Feint and 120 Bushido is incredibly tanky, due to Feint halving their incoming damage, and also having a high Parry chance. I use a Feint Triton with passive 120 Bushido skill to tank Exodus.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All pets Parry with the equivalent of a 1H Wep. A pet with 120 Parry/0 Bushido has a 20% Parry Chance, while a pet with 120 Parry/120 Bushido has a 35% Parry chance, which is nearly double the chance of the pet without Bushido. Even if it's passive Bushido skill (such as from Feint or Nerve Strike), it still counts. A Triton (or even a Cu) with Feint and 120 Bushido is incredibly tanky, due to Feint halving their incoming damage, and also having a high Parry chance. I use a Feint Triton with passive 120 Bushido skill to tank Exodus.
That's Awesome! My first Triton build was this.

1707974456101.png

Don always said that about passive Bushido on Cus but a certain poster disputed it because they were not from Tokuno.