• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pure Mage Tourny?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to see who would all be interested in a Pure mage tourny if I was to hold one.

I'm thinking of possibly holding one like players on GL did. Where you match people up, and they duel on their own time(via icq's/aim/pms...whatever). Then the winners advance.
That way you wouldn't have to try and get the whole shard online at the same time, and dealing with faction/stat loss in best of of three matches wouldn't take so long.

Either way this is just little thread to see if there's enough interest for me to put the gold down to host one. So if you're interested please leave a post saying so.
It would be fun to see who could actually back all the **** talk you see in Chat.
My money would be on an !OF! winner.

Oh, also if enough people wanted a tourny there would be no entry fee. I'd have more than enough gold to make the winners happy.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've yet to see any mages on legends capable of beating aeyko or cyanide... Maybe if worm logged in we'd see a decent fight.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol...the cage fighter.

Just say if you're in, and if those two clowns are in too.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50-100m all depending if i can get enough people to sign up for it. There's no sense in hosting a tourny with a huge payout unless ya can get a good 16-20 people in it.

If the people sign up for it I'm gonna try and record some of the fights.

So far there's one person signed up. That being Mentiras...

Can count on a good 3 from !OF! though. I wont participate since I'd be the one hosting it...and that could cause some drama with match-ups I'm sure.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
keep in mind that for a good sized pure mage tourny (ie: something with more than 8 people) the pot has to be alluring enough to induce people to bring their pure mage chars to the shard to compete and cover the cost of attending, the cost of leaving and still give them a large enough incentive to show up.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100mil is large enough for that. And who in the hell doesn't have chars on every shard yet? I mean really with as low as the populations are it's a must.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How do you make statues of people, i forget who i was talkin to but they suggested a large gold prize + a statue of the winner. Not sure how to make em though but that would be pretty cool.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50-100m all depending if i can get enough people to sign up for it. There's no sense in hosting a tourny with a huge payout unless ya can get a good 16-20 people in it.
Wouldnt that be the whole uo pvp population thats left?

Seriously whos left after the latest great uo pvp idea mystic?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldnt that be the whole uo pvp population thats left?

Seriously whos left after the latest great uo pvp idea mystic?

Yeah, it's getting really lame bobby. This casting focus crap+inscribe basically eliminated any and all spell play left in the game. Now almost 20% of the time mages have a chance of not being fizzled.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone quick! Hop in my car! We need to go back and get our pure mages since no one uses crap templates like this anymore!