• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish96 is live at TC, the new screen looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooooooh i'm going to have to try it out!
I need to swap out my CRT monitor for my big IPS LED monitor!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like the new screen sizes!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this is the old max size on my 26" wide screen monitor (800x600)

here is a better pic of the old max screen size on my big wide screen monitor.

this is the new max size (1280x720)

so as you can see it actually fills up the big screen a LOT better!
im gonna need more spell icons on my screen now!!!

Last edited:

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is really nice, though I wish we had the option to stay zoomed in and not just show more screen. Everything is still fairly small.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

Just did 3 full rounds of doom. Not a single death, Mobs are simple and you get 20 blood off the DF which lets you craft 4 of the new artifacts. Seeing as how Doom has been around for 13 years the market is already over saturated with every ingredient besides the Blood. In one round of doom on a dead server I can farm enough to make 4 artifacts. This will allow the market to become heavily flooded and make this publish obsolete. I fail to see how this is improving the game experience. Did you make changes to the mobs, yea, but they are useless in today's meta for pvm. The loot is garbage and the DF is still insanely easy.

Please re-think this whole update because at this rate in less than 3 months the whole thing will become untouched.

@Bleak

You made Holy Fist not work off FC yet it still casts at pretty much the same speed. Don't really see how this changed anything at all. Oh and you overlooked a simple issue, and I mean SIMPLE. You can now cast holy fist in protection without any consequence. I mean, a human can cast a protection scroll and now have an uninterruptible spell at 1.5s that does 30-35 dmg. Really? Please start listening to us because the track you are following is not the right one.

The game play window is really awesome, thanks for that. The new artifacts have a lot of potential, thanks for that as well.

You all really need to re-think the PvP balances along with Doom. It is nowhere near ready to be released.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1024 x 768 will be as big as I go. I play in windowed mode and that size still gives me enough black area to put all my crap lol.

Very VERY nicely done team....way long overdue but I know it had to be difficult.

Thank you!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just did 3 full rounds of doom. Not a single death, Mobs are simple and you get 20 blood off the DF which lets you craft 4 of the new artifacts. Seeing as how Doom has been around for 13 years the market is already over saturated with every ingredient besides the Blood. In one round of doom on a dead server I can farm enough to make 4 artifacts. This will allow the market to become heavily flooded and make this publish obsolete. I fail to see how this is improving the game experience. Did you make changes to the mobs, yea, but they are useless in today's meta for pvm. The loot is garbage and the DF is still insanely easy.

Please re-think this whole update because at this rate in less than 3 months the whole thing will become untouched.
How many artifacts did you get?

Remember you need those too.....which aren't that easy to get still I am assuming?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is the old max size on my 26" wide screen monitor (800x600)

here is a better pic of the old max screen size on my big wide screen monitor.

this is the new max size (1280x720)

You must have been doing something wrong then. I play on a 32 inch, not that much bigger than what you showed, and my playscreen is larger that you're improved screenshot.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically speaking you've got less space for spell icons than you used to have. Every silver lining has a cloud ... ;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You must have been doing something wrong then. I play on a 32 inch, not that much bigger than what you showed, and my playscreen is larger that you're improved screenshot.
its screen resolution is what is making the difference there.
i set mine to what im use to with the old UO from '98, changing the resolution you start to muck with how the game looks - i cant recall what im set to currently but its whatever makes the game look best for these old eyes.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Poo is clearly running 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080, considering how much screen area the 1280x720 game window uses in his screenshot.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You realize that doom has been farmed for 13 years, right? I have chests filled with them
Well I'm sure not everyone has chests full of them...how many of one thing do you really need to keep? I am a horder..if I had done doom I probably would have kept everything as well...but not everyone does. Heck I just went through all my old arties and had like 23 violet courage...got rid of all but one....one is all you really need...but that's just me lol.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well I'm sure not everyone has chests full of them...how many of one thing do you really need to keep? I am a horder..if I had done doom I probably would have kept everything as well...but not everyone does. Heck I just went through all my old arties and had like 23 violet courage...got rid of all but one....one is all you really need...but that's just me lol.
I would suggest you start buying them up now because for a limited, and I mean limited time they will go up in price.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many artifacts did you get?

Remember you need those too.....which aren't that easy to get still I am assuming?
Even if he didn't import any artifacts, you can still give yourself them when you copy over to TC.

@Old Vet Back Again: Are any crafting skills required, or is it turn-in crafting mats + item to get new?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Even if he didn't import any artifacts, you can still give yourself them when you copy over to TC.

@Old Vet Back Again: Are any crafting skills required, or is it turn-in crafting mats + item to get new?
Read the publish notes

• the Royal City.
  • Blacksmithy – 5% success at 120 Blacksmithy skill
    • The Deceiver
      • Two Handed Axe/Dual Short Axes
      • 16 ingots (4-8 Loss on Failure), 1 Axe of the Heavens (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Perfect Emeralds (1-2)
    • Britches of Warding
      • Chainmail Leggings/Gargish Platemail Leggings
      • 18 ingots (5-9), 1 Leggings of Bane (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Turquoise (1-2)
    • Gloves of Fedual Grip
      • Dragon Gloves/Gargish Platemail Kilt
      • 16 dragon scale (4-8), 1 Gauntlets of Nobility (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Blue Diamonds (1-2)
  • Carpentry – 5% success at 100 Carpentry skill
    • Glenda
      • Club/Disc Mace
      • 10 boards (1-5), 1 Bone Crusher (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Fire Ruby (1-2)
  • Fletching – 5% success at 100 Fletching Skill
    • Bow of Infinite Swarms
      • Composite Bow/Soul Glaive
      • 7 boards (2-4), 1 Dryad Bow (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Ecru Citrine (1-2)
  • Tailoring – 5% success at 120 Tailoring Skill
    • Cuffs of the Archmage
      • Bone Arms/Gargish Stone Arms
      • 8 cut cloth (2-4), 1 Midnight Bracers (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Dark Sapphire (1-2)
    • The Scholar’s Halo
      • Bandanna/Gargish Earrings
      • 2 cut cloth (1-2), 1 Helm of Insight (0), 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 Brilliant Amber (1-2)
  • Tinkering – 5% Success at 100 Tinkering Skill
    • Ring of Primal Consumption
      • Ring
      • 3 ingots (1-3), 1 Ring of the Elements, 5 Blood of the Dark Father (1-3), 4 White Pearl (1-2)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screen is nice except, how do I see what I say in chat? With larger one?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And buggy...
The full screen sizes still stop at 1024x768. Doesn't really make sense IMHO with the increased game window sizes...

@Kyronix, @Bleak
Having a game window size with a higher height than full screen resolution crashes the client back to desktop. I.e. 1152×864 game window and any full screen resoution -> crash...
Oddly enough the width doesn't matter, as 1280×720 game window with 1024×768 seems to work.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Screen is nice except, how do I see what I say in chat? With larger one?
What exactly do you mean? Do you keep your journal open? I do....this is a before and after of my screen setup...a bit more awkward for me....but it works.

Normal.jpg

New.jpg

This is why I like the smaller game play window...I need all that black area! I hate to have stuff all over my game play window and I do NOT have a big monitor...and I play in windowed mode so this new size will take a bit of adjusting for me but I like it. I HAVE to have my map, journal and bag open at all times...this is my crafter/tamer on Siege so the stat window is open so I can keep track of my weight when I'm mining. Don't like to have all my spells scrunched in the bottom there but it's a small price to pay for a bigger game play window!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@larissa Your second pic is how my screen is before new way. With new settings it covers up the text area at the bottom somehow. So if I type in chat others see the chat text. I do not.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
And buggy...
The full screen sizes still stop at 1024x768. Doesn't really make sense IMHO with the increased game window sizes...

@Kyronix, @Bleak
Having a game window size with a higher height than full screen resolution crashes the client back to desktop. I.e. 1152×864 game window and any full screen resoution -> crash...
Oddly enough the width doesn't matter, as 1280×720 game window with 1024×768 seems to work.
I have 1 account that crashes everytime I log in. It was an account I had set at the 1152x864 setting. I am unable to log in with this account, as it crashes to desktop immediately, and therefor can't change the settings.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious if you can see things happening past the current max tiles. Like how people can be invisible after a certain amount of tiles on EC, don't forget the teleport tile limits. That always screws with you when the screen is bigger.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well god darn it!!! I said I wouldn't return until Broadsword gave me a proper sized game window and it look's like i'm about to get it.....
....ok re-activating the account
(to be honest it was damb hard work to stay away from this stupid game)

Time to start a fresh again in Europa.

ps, and yes, I have replied to OREOGL in respect to that bet. :/

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It sounds wonderful. One of these days maybe I'll buy a new computer. Have been playing on my laptop (15" screen) for a long time now. o.0

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 1 account that crashes everytime I log in. It was an account I had set at the 1152x864 setting. I am unable to log in with this account, as it crashes to desktop immediately, and therefor can't change the settings.
The way to fix that is to manually edit the uo.cfg text file and change the resolution setting back to 800x600 that way so you can load it up again. You can find the uo.cfg file in the UO classic client game folder. Open it with Notepad or another text editor and scroll down to the bottom and look for the lines that say "FullScreenRes=1024x768" and "GamePlayWindowSize=800x600" and then manually edit the numbers. Full screen of 1024x768 and Game Play Window of 800x600 should let you load the game back up normally. Save the uo.cfg and then start the game.

I think the issue is that the max full screen res is still only 1024x768 but the new game window size can go up to 1280x720 which would cause issues. The easiest way around that is to just run it in windowed mode instead of full screen and then you can use the new higher resolutions.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The way to fix that is to manually edit the uo.cfg text file and change the resolution setting back to 800x600 that way so you can load it up again. You can find the uo.cfg file in the UO classic client game folder. Open it with Notepad or another text editor and scroll down to the bottom and look for the lines that say "FullScreenRes=1024x768" and "GamePlayWindowSize=800x600" and then manually edit the numbers. Full screen of 1024x768 and Game Play Window of 800x600 should let you load the game back up normally. Save the uo.cfg and then start the game.

I think the issue is that the max full screen res is still only 1024x768 but the new game window size can go up to 1280x720 which would cause issues. The easiest way around that is to just run it in windowed mode instead of full screen and then you can use the new higher resolutions.
Thanks

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna

@Bleak

You made Holy Fist not work off FC yet it still casts at pretty much the same speed. Don't really see how this changed anything at all. Oh and you overlooked a simple issue, and I mean SIMPLE. You can now cast holy fist in protection without any consequence. I mean, a human can cast a protection scroll and now have an uninterruptible spell at 1.5s that does 30-35 dmg. Really? Please start listening to us because the track you are following is not the right one.

The game play window is really awesome, thanks for that. The new artifacts have a lot of potential, thanks for that as well.

You all really need to re-think the PvP balances along with Doom. It is nowhere near ready to be released.
DO FEEDBACK!!!!!!!! they don't see a lot of this unless you do.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is great... cant wait to use it on the new comp. Thank you to Bleek and the guys for making this possible and to Mesanna for the attention to players on this.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to change the resolution of my computer screen and somehow get more black at the bottom of the new game windows. I cannot see the chat line at all. When I hit comma there is absolutely no chat line at the bottom of my screen. It does not show on any of the new game window sizes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also luvin the new game window sizes. Also like that each char can have different sizes. If the character status window were just a little shorter it would fit under the screen better.

Took about 10 seconds to get used to the change.

Thanks Devs!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to change the resolution of my computer screen and somehow get more black at the bottom of the new game windows. I cannot see the chat line at all. When I hit comma there is absolutely no chat line at the bottom of my screen. It does not show on any of the new game window sizes.
All my choices have the game window with some black below it. Yours must have the game window being bigger than your screen. My screen has more black than Larisa's pictures. So, we all aren't seeing the same thing. Maybe if you post your screen size, someone can help ya.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My monitor is approximately 19 inches diagonally and my screen resolution is 1366 x 768. If I put it on 1600 x 900 I can get the black but everything is so small I cannot play that way.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried the new client update, the larger game window is great! Monitor is now swicthed from 1600x900 to 1920x1080 and the game window at max looks good, just had to click the screen toggle button a few times in the upper right corner. :)

Going to need the monitor closer though, can't read things at this screen size. Old eyes just aren't up to it. :)

Untitle48d.jpg

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way to fix that is to manually edit the uo.cfg text file and change the resolution setting back to 800x600 that way so you can load it up again.
@nextwindow:
If you don't like editing the CFG, you can always toggle fullsrceen with ALT-ENTER to get back to windowed mode at the login screen.

Bad example, because the horizontal resolution doesn't cause that issue. Only of the game window height exeeds the full screen height, it will crash.

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@nextwindow:
If you don't like editing the CFG, you can always toggle fullsrceen with ALT-ENTER to get back to windowed mode at the login screen.

Thanks
Bad example, because the horizontal resolution doesn't cause that issue. Only of the game window height exeeds the full screen height, it will crash.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just tried the new client update, the larger game window is great! Monitor is now swicthed from 1600x900 to 1920x1080 and the game window at max looks good, just had to click the screen toggle button a few times in the upper right corner. :)

Going to need the monitor closer though, can't read things at this screen size. Old eyes just aren't up to it. :)

View attachment 60550
That's why you just go out and get yourself a MUCH bigger screen... I got a 46" LED HDTV works great!