• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 92 Testing

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Looks like holy fist is capped at 35 and IS interruptable.

The auction safes produce an error string when placing a bid but the map drops in and works like the vendor search maps do. It is interesting if you flag someone the auction safe does not update your bid.

Runic atlases now function correctly, and consume charges without fizzling.

I tried searching for an antique item but the vendor search option hasn't popped up since i logged in.

I tested the apples and even with 6 debuffs, it only has a 35 second delay to reuse an apple. A curse alone was about 10 seconds. This needs to be looked at, even a curse and mortal is only a 30 second timer. This is currently overpowered. @Kyronix

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can someone test the curse bug to see if it got fixed pls?
I was testing that when the shard went down, and appears it has become fixed but I will try again once back up.

Update: As long as the bug was casting weaken, clumsy, and feeblemind, it appears curse works over it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Test mass curse, and does buff does show up in fel, but does not lower resists like curse does.

Fey slayer is on the imbuing menu, and can be imbued to a weapon. Only thing missing is listing fey wings as an ingredient under the imbuing menu when selecting fey slayer

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for taking the time to test the changes and post on your findings.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

With the addition of fey slayer to the imbuing list, it will now be more widely available.

Any chance of adding it to the mix on the cameo and grimoire of the roof encounter? Seems like it is the only super slayer group left completely out of Shadowguard.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you for taking the time to test the changes and post on your findings.
Always happy to test things when I can.

I'm a little disappointed I've not seen more people comment about it.

There seems to be more concern over the next Valentine's Day gift.

Priorities; pixel crack or game mechanics hmmmm...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix The maps produced for the auction safes do not provide a return option.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Fey Slayer Cameo coming any time soon?

Will Fey Slayer be able to added to a Scrapper of Compendium?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is working as intended due to the fact it lasts until the auction ends.
I'm not picking up what you're throwing down.

Why would you not include the option to return to the previous location?

And you need to work on the apple timers. The max length has only been 35 seconds so far.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tested the apples and even with 6 debuffs, it only has a 35 second delay to reuse an apple. A curse alone was about 10 seconds. This needs to be looked at, even a curse and mortal is only a 30 second timer. This is currently overpowered. @Kyronix
I don't see a reason for changing the cooldown in the first place, but spell-plague still prevents the Enchanted apples from removing Other debuffs as I demonstrated in another thread. NEWS - [UO.Com] Publish 92 Part 1 Comes to TC1

18 seconds for Curse 120 magery/eval
19 seconds for strangle alone 100 necro/120 spiritspeak

I then tried the test with many debuffs: Curse, Mind-rot, Corpse skin, Strangle, & Spell-plague. Only the spell-plague is removed after an enchanted apple is eaten, I want to say the cooldown was 35 seconds, but I'll need to test that again to verify the cool-down timer with all those debuffs.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix apples are still not fixed. I had to do a mind rot, corpse skin, curse, and a mortal before the timer went to 60 seconds.

The problem here is people will just eat an apple before you can cast all of these.

You can eat an apple about 12 seconds after you're cursed 8 seconds for a corpseskin, 16 seconds for a mortal.

I mean if the goal here is to nerf a handful of templates you're on the right track.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the feedback thus far. An updated to to apple timers will be coming next week. The base cooldown timer will be restored to 30 seconds.
The recurring theme i'm seeing here is how should Mortal vs Apples work? Apples do not provide Mortal immunity as it stands but I would like to hear more discussion on this topic.

Since Publish 81: Mortal Strike, grants an eight second effect reduction once removed by non consumables and talisman items. The next Mortal Strike duration will be scaled based on when they were reapplied in the eight second window.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all the feedback thus far. An updated to to apple timers will be coming next week. The base cooldown timer will be restored to 30 seconds.
The recurring theme i'm seeing here is how should Mortal vs Apples work? Apples do not provide Mortal immunity as it stands but I would like to hear more discussion on this topic.

Since Publish 81: Mortal Strike, grants an eight second effect reduction once removed by non consumables and talisman items. The next Mortal Strike duration will be scaled based on when they were reapplied in the eight second window.
The Apple change sounds great so far, I'll be testing that when the next update is released, Thanks!

As far as mortal goes, Mortal strike could use like 2-3 seconds off the duration on the first application, and have a reduced duration on each use of mortal within 8-10 seconds after the previous one... If the duration is made too short, it'll only be useful in groups.

Is there any word on Spell-plague preventing ALL other Curses/Debuffs (that are removable via these means) from being removed when an Enchanted Apple or equivalent Spell (Remove Curse or Cleanse Winds) is used?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never use Enchanted Apples, so I don't know about those.

What I do know is I fought someone yesterday who spammed Mortal Strike so I could never heal at all. That is just ridiculous and I don't remember it ever working like that before. Every time I was hit with Mortal Strike it reset the 8 second timer.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know it doesn't directly address the balance of apples vs mortal, but what about having resist offer some protection against mortal strike? Perhaps shortened duration of mortal/longer time for reapplying scaling with higher resist? This would offer a way to mitigate mortal strike independant of apples and make resist slightly more worth the investment of skill points. Thoughts?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

You cannot expect to balance mortal by using apples without probably making it pretty complex (i.e. consecutive mortals negate the apple timer). You'd have to change the function of the special timer.

The special itself only lasts 6 seconds and costs 15 mana at 40 lower mana cost. Even using it consecutively drops you by 41 mana, most people id assume closer to 100 mana so leaves opportunity to chain 4 times.

Here's what happens:

You get mortaled ( 6 seconds) + damage (in testing it was 30 pts)
apple (which is now 30 second to wait)
get mortaled again (3 second length) + damage (another 30) and resets healing even if you're in the middle of it.

So right now you're already half dead just using a regular hit. I used a mortal, concussion, mortal and it was 80 pts.

So it doesn't really matter that the special is scaled.

There are a lot of solutions to this:

1. Make mortal special a timed special with a specific delay before able to use again.

2. Increase mana consumption on special

3. Increase diminish scale so second mortal pretty much lasts 1 second or less.

4. Adjust special so where if you're in the middle of applying a bandage it is successfully applies despite having being mortaled

5. Remove damage from mortal special

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without taking into consideration anything else, my gut feeling is the timer on enchanted apples should be a minimum of either 2 or 5 minutes. It should be used at critical moments, not like a heal or cure potion.

Having an item negate multiple spells/abilities every 10 seconds is absurd. Consumable items should not trump spells/abilities.

If people feel they need enchanted apples in order to just survive then there are other things that need balancing. Reducing the enchanted apple timer is just a bandaid fix.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Without taking into consideration anything else, my gut feeling is the timer on enchanted apples should be a minimum of either 2 or 5 minutes. It should be used at critical moments, not like a heal or cure potion.

Having an item negate multiple spells/abilities every 10 seconds is absurd. Consumable items should not trump spells/abilities.

If people feel they need enchanted apples in order to just survive then there are other things that need balancing. Reducing the enchanted apple timer is just a bandaid fix.
The current timer for apples is 30 seconds, which is adequate, and appear to be leaving it the same. This leaves somewhat of a balance without skewing a particular template.

The biggest fix was removing the annoying failure to remove a curse when using an apple, needing to use a handful before it did anything.

Removing all curses in that 30 seconds is also good, giving plenty of time to start applying debuffs.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removing all curses in that 30 seconds is also good, giving plenty of time to start applying debuffs.
Is it really?

Let us look at a Necro-Mage. You cast a spell combination of Curse, Strangle, Corpse Skin and Evil Omen to setup for a big attack. This takes about 10-12 seconds to cast while you are getting hit by a warrior, which can easily be 3-4 strikes. So you need to stop and cast a Greater Heal on yourself. Maybe more than once. This extends it to about 20 seconds.

Then poof, all your time and mana is negated by an enchanted apple. The person using the apple has no drawback while you lost about 40 mana. Plus they have been doing their own attacks the entire time. Now if you make it through all the motions a second time you could have a 10 second window before the enchanted apple timer expires.

Enchanted apples appear to be devistating to anyone trying to play a necromancer. I don't believe I've seen too many and enchanted apples are probably the reason.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never use Enchanted Apples, so I don't know about those.

What I do know is I fought someone yesterday who spammed Mortal Strike so I could never heal at all. That is just ridiculous and I don't remember it ever working like that before. Every time I was hit with Mortal Strike it reset the 8 second timer.
It's the new special that came out with Age of Shadows if you are under the affect you can't heal.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it really?

Let us look at a Necro-Mage. You cast a spell combination of Curse, Strangle, Corpse Skin and Evil Omen to setup for a big attack. This takes about 10-12 seconds to cast while you are getting hit by a warrior, which can easily be 3-4 strikes. So you need to stop and cast a Greater Heal on yourself. Maybe more than once. This extends it to about 20 seconds.

Then poof, all your time and mana is negated by an enchanted apple. The person using the apple has no drawback while you lost about 40 mana. Plus they have been doing their own attacks the entire time. Now if you make it through all the motions a second time you could have a 10 second window before the enchanted apple timer expires.

Enchanted apples appear to be devistating to anyone trying to play a necromancer. I don't believe I've seen too many and enchanted apples are probably the reason.
Mystics can do the same thing without a timer.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't have problem with apples before this, I had problem with curse lasting way too long. just my opinion

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot expect to balance mortal by using apples without probably making it pretty complex (i.e. consecutive mortals negate the apple timer). You'd have to change the function of the special timer.

The special itself only lasts 6 seconds and costs 15 mana at 40 lower mana cost. Even using it consecutively drops you by 41 mana, most people id assume closer to 100 mana so leaves opportunity to chain 4 times.

Here's what happens:

You get mortaled ( 6 seconds) + damage (in testing it was 30 pts)
apple (which is now 30 second to wait)
get mortaled again (3 second length) + damage (another 30) and resets healing even if you're in the middle of it.

So right now you're already half dead just using a regular hit. I used a mortal, concussion, mortal and it was 80 pts.

So it doesn't really matter that the special is scaled.

There are a lot of solutions to this:

1. Make mortal special a timed special with a specific delay before able to use again.

2. Increase mana consumption on special

3. Increase diminish scale so second mortal pretty much lasts 1 second or less.

4. Adjust special so where if you're in the middle of applying a bandage it is successfully applies despite having being mortaled

5. Remove damage from mortal special
Even with a timer what if two people use it so they have different timers?
Right now at times it is less than one second but if you can do it with one or more people it doesn't matter.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always happy to test things when I can.

I'm a little disappointed I've not seen more people comment about it.

There seems to be more concern over the next Valentine's Day gift.

Priorities; pixel crack or game mechanics hmmmm...
your asking this question on UOhall :p ?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Even with a timer what if two people use it so they have different timers?
Right now at times it is less than one second but if you can do it with one or more people it doesn't matter.
You can't balance that with apples.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

if you really want to defend against mortal strike, just put bushido / confidence into the template. most the discussions on apples / timers are pertaining to gimp templates without skill defenses from chiv, bush, myst. you dont "need" apples, but they help the most popular templates that dont have support skills.

my choice would be rather than to buff apples, buff the actual skills that can be used instead of them.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is it really?

This seems like a bucket statement.
With some exaggeration, since spells like evil omen lasts a couple seconds.

I will however test your concerns once the patch is made to test center.

I welcome you to do the same.

Edited for update: Currently it took me about 8 seconds to cast all four spells, and 2 seconds to finish the greater heal. It was about 40 mana four all 5 spells.

Most often you curse someone and they immediately apple, so taking another 30 seconds gives you 20 seconds to dump including healing.

This doesn't include that these are often applied by off screen casting minus evil omen since it's soo quick.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you really want to defend against mortal strike, just put bushido / confidence into the template. most the discussions on apples / timers are pertaining to gimp templates without skill defenses from chiv, bush, myst. you dont "need" apples, but they help the most popular templates that dont have support skills.

my choice would be rather than to buff apples, buff the actual skills that can be used instead of them.
How do you do that for a player that plays a "pure" mage to get the increased sdi? all those things ruin the sdi, so yes you need them.

Also if you have magery you no longer get the 4fc.

So to say you don't need them is on the absurd side.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you do that for a player that plays a "pure" mage to get the increased sdi? all those things ruin the sdi, so yes you need them.

Also if you have magery you no longer get the 4fc.

So to say you don't need them is on the absurd side.
you dont get the sdi. you sacrifice damage output for surviveability. thats kinda the point.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is it really?

Okay, i need to chime in (you know a real experienced pvper who knows game mechanics)
"Let us look at a necro-mage" Necro mages are dead - and its not because of apples.
Its because for starters
-Strangle is almost if not worthless due to easily obtaining 70 poison on any suit
-Corpse skin is basically worthless because anyone that does not have 80+ of a resist on a suit apparently didnt have 2 mil to buy an artifact and should not be pvping anyway.
*if corpse skin would take off a hard cap of 15/15 it would be good however that would be way too strong, so if your already cursing why the hell are you casting corpse?
-Evil omen, evil omen is a great spell with amazing potential but you do not "set up a big attack" with omen for it amplifies one tick of damage only (in your case it would turn your 3 damage strangle tick into maybe a 4 damage strangle tick?)

Lets talk apples,

The biggest problem with apples is that they can fail. (i believe this is fixed) There is 0 reason why you should fail your apple, alot of pvp factors in this game are about timing and timing apples is a huge deal.
(Quite frankly anyone not using apples in pvp has no business pvping) - go buy some, they are cheap, make a macro, stop complaining
The 30 second timer makes sense (and i play dexxers and get cursed non stop so im not biased)
In a game where you can have multiple people landing debuffs on you it makes sense to be able to get a "fresh start" every 30 seconds, considering a mystic can do the same thing to you every 2.5 seconds.

Mortal for me is up in the air,

If you are a pure mage you cant heal besides your basic hpr i get it but who is playing a pure mage without parry? so your chance of even being hit is redonk (but thats another story for another time), necro mage (if anyone decides to play one) you get your SS, Bushido gets confidence, Chiv can almost instant remove mortal on the run, mystics get cleansing winds, pure dexxers are also hurt

I think instead of diminishing returns and all that crap to make it complicated why not just make it last a flat 6 seconds? something along those lines. If you get mortal'd while mortal'd then nothing happens

I have a request for @Kyronix
Can we please, and i mean this must be very easy thing to add to the game i dont see how it could be hard to code,
But can we just do something to show the VVV town that is up? Towns can be fun but having to relog if you didnt happen to see the message is so aggravating
like a command [vvv "the city of blah blah blah is "
Is that unrealistic ?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Can we please, and i mean this must be very easy thing to add to the game i dont see how it could be hard to code,
But can we just do something to show the VVV town that is up? Towns can be fun but having to relog if you didnt happen to see the message is so aggravating
Is that unrealistic ?
Sure, this is something we can add to the backlog.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay, i need to chime in (you know a real experienced pvper who knows game mechanics)
"Let us look at a necro-mage" Necro mages are dead - and its not because of apples.
Its because for starters
-Strangle is almost if not worthless due to easily obtaining 70 poison on any suit
-Corpse skin is basically worthless because anyone that does not have 80+ of a resist on a suit apparently didnt have 2 mil to buy an artifact and should not be pvping anyway.
*if corpse skin would take off a hard cap of 15/15 it would be good however that would be way too strong, so if your already cursing why the hell are you casting corpse?
-Evil omen, evil omen is a great spell with amazing potential but you do not "set up a big attack" with omen for it amplifies one tick of damage only (in your case it would turn your 3 damage strangle tick into maybe a 4 damage strangle tick?)

Lets talk apples,

The biggest problem with apples is that they can fail. (i believe this is fixed) There is 0 reason why you should fail your apple, alot of pvp factors in this game are about timing and timing apples is a huge deal.
(Quite frankly anyone not using apples in pvp has no business pvping) - go buy some, they are cheap, make a macro, stop complaining
The 30 second timer makes sense (and i play dexxers and get cursed non stop so im not biased)
In a game where you can have multiple people landing debuffs on you it makes sense to be able to get a "fresh start" every 30 seconds, considering a mystic can do the same thing to you every 2.5 seconds.

Mortal for me is up in the air,

If you are a pure mage you cant heal besides your basic hpr i get it but who is playing a pure mage without parry? so your chance of even being hit is redonk (but thats another story for another time), necro mage (if anyone decides to play one) you get your SS, Bushido gets confidence, Chiv can almost instant remove mortal on the run, mystics get cleansing winds, pure dexxers are also hurt

I think instead of diminishing returns and all that crap to make it complicated why not just make it last a flat 6 seconds? something along those lines. If you get mortal'd while mortal'd then nothing happens

Is that unrealistic ?

Mortal is 6 seconds, and nothing happens when being mortaled a second time while mortaled.

The thing is, even if you have mortal at 1 second, it resets the bandage which takes what, a minimum of 5 seconds to apply?

So currently you can't heal yourself for 11 seconds, and when chained consecutively, for another 8 seconds. Otherwise without being diminishing returns, it'd be a total of 22 seconds.

Even with 120 weapon skill and 120 parry there is still a good chance to be chain mortaled because of hit lower defense, so I get the argument there.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Mortal is 6 seconds, and nothing happens when being mortaled a second time while mortaled.

The thing is, even if you have mortal at 1 second, it resets the bandage which takes what, a minimum of 5 seconds to apply?

So currently you can't heal yourself for 11 seconds, and when chained consecutively, for another 8 seconds. Otherwise without being diminishing returns, it'd be a total of 22 seconds.

Even with 120 weapon skill and 120 parry there is still a good chance to be chain mortaled because of hit lower defense, so I get the argument there.
So you'll need to learn to time your bandages and heal pots better. I'm all for the flat rate, the diminishing return and unique timers are overly and unnecessarily complicated.

Also devs, disregard JC's posts, he just started playing again and is wrong for all the reasons Leet listed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So you'll need to learn to time your bandages and heal pots better. I'm all for the flat rate, the diminishing return and unique timers are overly and unnecessarily complicated.

Also devs, disregard JC's posts, he just started playing again and is wrong for all the reasons Leet listed.

I've already given the times for the bandages) so you're telling me all you have to do is chug through chain mortals?

Good one. :rolleyes:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
kyonic, maybe make sure u can put gorgon lenses on certain new armor pieces. example: I can put on normal neckless but not on blacksmith made neckless not sure about other new armor yet. ty

about apples and curse, just make curse not last so long. it last way too long. might be easier to fix than other suggestions. just my opinion.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
Why is this not implemented on production shards? Be nice to hover over and see this menu!!!
Is there a reason for not having this?
Screenshot - 2_15_2016 , 6_35_55 PM.png

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kyonic, maybe make sure u can put gorgon lenses on certain new armor pieces. example: I can put on normal neckless but not on blacksmith made neckless not sure about other new armor yet. ty

about apples and curse, just make curse not last so long. it last way too long. might be easier to fix than other suggestions. just my opinion.
you mean the fourth level OP Curse spell is to long? A fourth level spell that can demolish my stats and resist for minutes. I can eat a apply and they can recurse me over and over, is this the fourth level spell you are speaking of?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you mean the fourth level OP Curse spell is to long? A fourth level spell that can demolish my stats and resist for minutes. I can eat a apply and they can recurse me over and over, is this the fourth level spell you are speaking of?
If dexers had to debuff mages to get an increase their damage 33% and it was able to be disrupted and appled I would be fine with that. OR mages no longer have to cast curse and get their max damage.

Which would you rather have?

OR keeping apples with a reasonable timer?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to comment on one thing on TC publish test....I have to admit I don't like the color choices on the Runic Atlas. The reason is I can't tell one facet from another. That is one thing I have alway like is that each facet was a different color. :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that unrealistic ?
In the meantime, the way I worked it out was to recall to each of the towns in turn. The active one is the one you can't recall to.