• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 57 Slime Event

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slime Event

Slimes are on the move! Driven out of their dungeons by the dark forces corrupting the land, a special variety of slimes are making random appearances throughout the world for next few weeks after publish. Researchers have discovered that these specially hued slimes can dye artifacts and magically enhanced items! They tend to stay in an area for two days before moving to a new location and shifting their hue.

There are a total of 35 colors: 30 minor tokuno dyes, and 5 new hues.
Would like to know if we can keep a centralized post to announce slime sightings of Catskills. Once spotted as the post says they will be in that area a short while, so anyone checking here can find out what colors are where if we work together and share information. I am going to speak to my guild also and see if we can arrange a healers station near some of the more popular and dangerously located colored slimes.

M

Mark Knotts

If I spot one I'll be sure to mention it on here. I'm sure some will try and keep it a secret for whatever reason.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Shards to be Published
Joanne Laroche
17 Dec 2008 17:44:42 EST

All shards will be updated to Publish 57 at their next regular maintenance.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm going to glue this thread to the top of the forum. You can use it if you'd like to post any information about locations, etc. of the slime event once it starts. :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked the dungeon entrances after server up, and didn't find anything.

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Guys been wondering somthing... Do they only Spawn in trammel Facet dungeons Or fel as well... And if they do spawn in both is it only one Set of slime for the entire world or is it one on each facet?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since this thread appears to be going into more than just the locations of the slimes....12 posts so far and no locations mentioned yet.....I thought I'd point out that there is a new quest associated with them that offers "Token of the Zoologists' Gratitude" whatever that may be as the final reward. Take a look at the thread on UHall to learn more.

I'm still collecting threads for the Magincia rubble quests now I need to summon fire rabbits, find new slimes and figure out where the Academic Books are. I'd probably be bored of this game if I ever had the time to play as much as I'd like.....

E

Exhibus

Um, it says the slimes were driven from their dungeons, so wouldn't they be found above ground?

C

CatLord

スライムは数日毎に場所を移動します。
Slime in a few places to go every day.

以下が彼らを発見することができる可能性のある場所です。
They discovered the following may be located.

ヘッジメイズ
HEJJIMEIZU
ブリテイン西の畑
BURITEIN fields of the West
カオス神殿
Chaos Shrine
ファイアダンジョン
FAIADANJON
エクソダスダンジョン
EKUSODASUDANJON
ソーサラーズ
SOSARAZU
ネクロマンサーアリーナ
NEKUROMANSAARINA
ドゥーム
Doom
武士道道場
Bushido Dojo
ヨモツ坑道
YOMOTSU tunnel

M

mtman

i beleive i found slimes,,,they called acid slimes with some having a color to the name..i cant hurt them with spells...have to chase them around to dye your basins..im working on the quest now..ill post location shortly if anyone interested

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
were they at any of the locations that were posted?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i beleive i found slimes,,,they called acid slimes with some having a color to the name..i cant hurt them with spells...have to chase them around to dye your basins..im working on the quest now..ill post location shortly if anyone interested
Where, matey? Where?
Dat's what all of us are interested in!

M

mtman

ok slimes are in farmfields west of britan..near a cave passage...i finsh quest...all i got was a deed for a title...i used mine..i got the name slim hunter now...seems after u finish u have to bring arti u want dyed and chase em around to dye something..still workin on it trying to figure it out

S

Stucky

Ok I found it in the fields and chased it around a bit. Was easier to click on it after I'd attacked it. It was runebook brown. Then I let it attack me while I dug for artifacts in my pack and it said *acid slime changes its body color* and changed to a lighter brown.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A trick to catch them - walk close to them (but not so close they run away), then teleport the rest of the way (use a scroll if you don't have magery or ninjitsu).

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked looks like they've moved since server up, can't find any in West Brit.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina Small in the U.hall said:
Results of just now checking the Brit farmfields in Trammel for acid slimes:

Origin - No slime.
Pacific - Slime present.
Sonoma - No slime.
Lake Austin - No slime.
Baja - Slime present.
Napa Valley - Slime present.
Legends - No slime.
Atlantic - No slime.
Lake Superior - No slime.
Great Lakes - No slime.
Chesapeake - No slime.
Catskills - No slime.
Drachenfels - No slime.
Europa - No slime.
Oceania - No slime.

Out of 15 shards checked, only 3 have acid slimes in the Brit farm fields near where the road cuts through the mountains.
Slime Update

R

Roanoke Talshani

We had them in the farm lands of Brit after the publish. But can not find where they have moved to from there.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Slimes are back at britain farms. I saw Olive green and dark blue.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oceania had their server maintenance and are reporting the slimes have moved to the Exodous Dungeon in the back room, no new colours have been seen yet. So 4am when Catskills has our server maintenance if all shards are the same, ours should move from West Brit Farms to the Exodous Dungeon also.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed: Slimes are in the far west room of the Exodus dungeon and the new colors are still Dark Blue and Light Olive.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought they were supposed to change colors? I have my fulls sets of blue and olive everything. I thought they were supposed to change every day.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the publish notes, they move and change colour every two days, but since day one, this event has been buggy. They were finally found on day two at Brit Fields, then moved to no where anyone could find on day three and four. Day Five Xmas eve Johanne and Grimmomen both dropped in and left holiday wishes, at server up on Xmas day [day six]they were back in Brit Fields same colours but at least back. This is the first successful move after the two day stay, from the fields but the colours still haven't changed. I am glad they are available but the event is lacking any of the excitement the Japanese event saw.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oceania has had their server maintenance and the slimes have moved to the Chaos Shrine in Fel.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, confirmed again, slimes are at the Chaos shrine in Fel, and the colors are unchanged.

Still Dark Blue and Light Olive.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petrify @ the Uhall said:
They moved to the north west corner of doom on Oceania, American shards should get them there in the next server maintenance. No new colours.
Thank you for the heads up!

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy New Year!! the slimes are now in Doom, Rotting corpses area due west from the skull candle spawn. No new colors to note. :sad4: