• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 56 and houses in guard zone.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own a grandfathered house in (Felucca) guard zone.
Since the guard zone is now a war zone with publish 56 I...
cannot recall into any of the runes for my house.
cannot log off and log back in without being moved to a "safe" location.

Really quite annoying.
Any of you other old timers with grandfathered houses having similar problems?
This was untestable of course with any of the test shards, so is this a bug? Am I S.O.L?
Should I pack up my felucca vendors (one of the last fel vendor malls?) and call it quits?

D

DHMagicMan_1

It's not going to be "Indefinately" and while your house is "Grandfathered" it's an exception to a long standing rule and very unusual... it's not surprising that they didn't expect or plan for it...

It's figure out how to deal with the inconvenience for the time being... maybe pack up your vendors for a month or two... mark a rune outside the guard zone but nearby so you can run inside your home quickly etc... and just live with it...

You are not in a "Unique" situation but probably less then one percent...

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply. I just didn't consider that war zones would override the safe log out area of a house. Wonder if you can safely log out in an inn? And I realize that very few have guard zone houses and fewer less run a vendor mall out of them.

I was just so proud of still owning and running my Fel vendor house which I have own and ran since the inception of house ownership. I am like the old man who refuses to sell out to make way for a new skyscraper...hehe. Hopefully 2 months is all it lasts..but you never know with publishes.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while that would be irritating, when i first clicked your post i thought it was going to say that your grandfathered house had gone *poof* due to some glitch with fixing guard zone houses... i guess a few weeks of irritation is better than having your house deleted by accident :)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hush your mouth Nine Dark Moons...don't ever say such things aloud...you may end up jinxing me...LOL.
But you are absolutely right Nine Dark Moons...if I wanted to find the silver lining and be the optimist....but unfortunately the only thing that has cheered me up about this is seeing a poster named SaveUo with a similar problem. Ahhh I want to pout and be miserable about it for a bit and I like the company. But I'll get over it (as long as this is not permanent and only lasts a month or two)

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own a grandfathered house in (Felucca) guard zone.
Since the guard zone is now a war zone with publish 56 I...
cannot recall into any of the runes for my house.
cannot log off and log back in without being moved to a "safe" location.

Really quite annoying.
Any of you other old timers with grandfathered houses having similar problems?
This was untestable of course with any of the test shards, so is this a bug? Am I S.O.L?
Should I pack up my felucca vendors (one of the last fel vendor malls?) and call it quits?
You will be able to recall into Felucca warzones, and not be booted Jhelom from houses inside invaded city boundaries, once the next set of fixes goes live

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really feel for you..... Here's the world's smallest violin. :violin:

You get a benefit that the rest of us have to pay money for every month. So sad that you’re inconvinced this one time.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Colter. Not sure what made you so upset about this. I was going to let it go with Draconi's answer but I need to understand. What benefit do I get that you all pay money for and I don't? Do you think it is easy running a Felucca vendor mall? How often do you shop in Fel? How often does anyone? I have had to build and keep my client base over nearly 11 years of playing. I charge extremely cheap (or at least reasonable) prices which are bought up by tram and luna vendors and sold for nearly double. I was simply asking for my right as a house owner to be able to log out safely in my house and log back in in the same place. I was also asking about the ability to recall in to my front door. These are abilities everyone who owns a home has that I lost because of the publish and I was ready to deal with and accept. The only benefit I had over other Felucca houses was I could call guards if someone was misbehaving. This was not as much of a benefit to me as it was my customers. I don't need it and have made most of my customers aware that they don't have that benefit anymore so be on their toes. Trammel and Malas and Tokuno vendors all don't need that benefit as no one can misbehave in such a fashion that would get them guard whacked anyhow.

So to sum up I have no idea why I would deserve such a comment from you sir.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I salute you for keeping an active vendor mall in Fel. I keep talking about doing that but it has all been talk so far.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi,

You said players will be able to recall into homes in fel warzones.

What about Trammel warzones and my houses going improper? I get booted to Jhelom too, lol!

Before 56 they were just fine properly placed. Now not. Is this temporary?

For those who say improperly placed means nothing, well it does if you attempt to change the plot. Or it sure used to.

Thanks for your time.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be able to recall into Felucca warzones, and not be booted Jhelom from houses inside invaded city boundaries, once the next set of fixes goes live
Drac,

Just to make sure we are clear, the nomenclature that has been popping up for me, I cant speak to logging in, well, no thats not true I logged in just fine at the sweet dreams Inn in Brit Fel.

The wording on fail for gate recall and Journey is the "something is blocking" nomenclature. Not a rerouting to safe area. Everyone else agree on this one?

Further: I have received this same treatment at times in Trammel. I can't recall if it happened to me yesterday, but I know there were at least three instances of it the first day on Origin, as opposed to the rerouting to Jhelom.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Colter,
I have one house. That one. It is auto renewed and set to primary just like any other house...the only thing that makes it grandfathered is where it is placed. I don't have multiples and haven't had multiples since the day house keys ended and you could designate a primary house...which is way back when every one had multiple houses and house ownership was fairly new. With this one house I also have the non-benefit of not being able to resize the house and such. It is large but not one of those maximum sizes.

I can see how with your assumption (you know what they say when you assume) of a multi-house account you might be upset...even if in a fairly juvenile way of "Why does he get that and I don't"...but now that you know that this house was my only house, perhaps the worlds smallest violin can be put to better use.

D

D'Amavir

Colter,
I have one house. That one. It is auto renewed and set to primary just like any other house...the only thing that makes it grandfathered is where it is placed. I don't have multiples and haven't had multiples since the day house keys ended and you could designate a primary house...which is way back when every one had multiple houses and house ownership was fairly new. With this one house I also have the non-benefit of not being able to resize the house and such. It is large but not one of those maximum sizes.

I can see how with your assumption (you know what they say when you assume) of a multi-house account you might be upset...even if in a fairly juvenile way of "Why does he get that and I don't"...but now that you know that this house was my only house, perhaps the worlds smallest violin can be put to better use.
Actually, even if you had 10 houses on your account, his comments would be juvenile. Those with multihouses on their accounts were grandfathered in because the developers of the game changed the rules mid stream and chose to not punish those that were impacted by grandfathering their accounts in. The same way they did for those with houses 'improperly' placed after the housing rules changed.

And, for the record, I have one house per account. All in Trammel, none with the Grandfathered status. I just got the bat signal that someone was making silly comments on UHall so I came to heed Commissioner Gordon's call.